“The most delicious pastries I ever ate!”
Review of Paillard

Paillard
Ranked #1 of 29 Dessert in Quebec City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Paillard - Le Café-Boulangerie in the heart of old Quebec City. Fresh baked breads, viennoiseries, pastries, special coffees, soups, salads, gourmet sandwiches, gelato in the summer, also known for our macarons.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

You absolutely must visit this little bistro if you are in the area. The selection of coffee and tea is excellent. But most note-worthy is their pastries. We have visited this cafe pretty much every single morning for breakfast through our 3-day visit of QC and were not disappointed a single time. They have one of the most delicious croissants I have ever eaten! (and I lived in France for half a year). In fact all their pastries are inexplicably amazing. Must try this place! You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Vlad_Bbb
Write a ReviewReviews (2,639)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The pastries here are soooo good! We came for breakfast and the croissant was terrific. My kids loved the chocolatines! You can't go wrong with anything really. We saw that they had a great lunch menu too so we came back for lunch the next day and it did not disappoint. There was even a kids menu that included a special grilled-cheese with real cheese, not that kraft-single slices if you know what I mean. I wish they had a place like this near my house. I would go every day!

1  Thank 25cw
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Soup, sandwiches, and delicious desserts. This is a must do if you want quick food (not fast food). I love this place!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

ordered hot chocolate which was flavorless and a danish pastry type item, which was so flavorless i left it after two bites.

the staff does it's job and that's it. i ordered in friendly and perfect french and the girl behind the counter gave me a real snotty answer when there was an misunderstanding "yeah, i understood that!!" or something to that effect.

2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Because we were travelling with an infant we could not dine in many of the nearby tradiational restaurants. This cafeteria-style cafe was our place to go when we ran out of other options. The pastries were excellent as was the bouche noel, hot chocolate, coffee, and sandwiches.