Let me start by saying that even in this day and age when LGBT people travel, we are never sure of the reception that we are going to receive. There is always that first awkward moment at check in when they give that puzzled look when you only want one bed. Let's just say that we had none of that here. From the start the staff was welcoming and warm. As many others have spoken about the location is ideal. It is in the old town but it is away from all of the hub hub of the center of the old time making it a bit quieter. It is an easy walk to almost anything you want to do in the area. We had originally thought about staying at the Chateau Frontenac, but are so so glad that we did not. Our room was more spacious than it would have been there and, we feel, in a better location.
We were given Room 12. It far exceeded our expectations. It was a large room with a king bed on the front side of the building overlooking the park across the street. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in while traveling. The in room refrigerator was appreciated so we could keep drinks cold for after coming back after a long day of sightseeing. There was ample storage space to hang and store your clothes. While in a historic building with an old world charm, it has all of the modern amenities. The internet service was superb and we had no issues with it at all. The air conditioning was a fantastic addition and it was nice to come back to a cool room after long days in the sun.
The bathroom was also large with an ample supply of hot water. The hotel is eco-friendly which we appreciated, particularly since we are in a drought in California. It was nice to see a hotel on the East Coast concerned about water conservation. If you are concerned about noise or are a light sleeper the front of the hotel might be a bit noisy for you. We actually love it as a part of city life.
We had not originally signed up for the breakfast, but decided to eat there every morning. It was just easier than searching around. It was a lovely continental breakfast-even a bit more than what we normally would expect in such a meal. It consisted of yogurt with granola and cut grapes topping, fresh fruit which was in season, orange juice and a croissant which was fresh and served warm. There was also coffee or tea available. The room where it is served is comfortable and relaxing and there is even a small patio for outdoors dining. It was lovely and we would recommend it.
As with a hotel in a busy historic location, parking can be a headache. Not here. When we drove up to the front door there was a place to unload. We were asked about using their parking facility at check in and we readily agreed. it was $18 a day and easy to find-just a couple of blocks from the hotel. It is worth it and again would recommend it. You are given a card that allows you to come and go if you wish. We did not take the car out because there was so much to do in the old town.
So overall, we would highly recommend this hotel and we will stay here again when we come back to Quebec. You have many choices with hotels in Old Quebec. We would say this is the place for you. It far exceeded our expectations! This morning we will check out and head to Montreal and another boutique hotel. It has big shoes to fill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir d'Auteuil invites guests to enjoy the glamour and elegance of our French art deco boutique hotel. We offer visitors the charm of our historic building, the personal attention of our devoted multi-lingual staff and the special touches found in the smaller and intimate hotels in Quebec City. Our location inside the old city walls, across from the Parliament building and near the Quebec City Conference Center, is ideal for tourists, business visitors and travelers seeking romantic getaways in Quebec. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City