Le Manoir d'Auteuil
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Acadia(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Maison du General(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Marie Rollet(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Hotel du Capitole(Quebec City)
1,393 results
All reviewsedith piafchapel roomcroissantsold cityno elevatorwithin the wallsboutique hotelcrepesgranolawithin walking distancesmall hotelfirst floorfresh fruitquiet streetperfect locationbreakfast was deliciousrestaurant recommendations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very nice boutique hotel just steps to great restaurants, landmarks, and transportation. Like everything in Quebec City it is not inexpensive and it does not have an elevator. It does have a breakfast room (at a price) and a bar. Our room was spacious and comfortable and quiet. The hotel did provide an umbrella but not robes. It did have a refrigerator. The staff was welcoming and very accommodating. Parking is in the municipal garage and costs an additional $18/day with the use of a key card that let's you enter and exit at will during you visit.

Room Tip: If you can make the climb, room 35 will please you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Bonjour On the go girl! I love your online name, by the way. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. You absolutely nailed it, the location is perfect. We are situated in the heart of Old Quebec, and yes, Quebec City is not inexpensive, but when you compare Old Quebec to places like Old Montreal, Europe, NYC and other major vacation destination places, Old Quebec is still a bargain, as is 18$ for parking. We do have some spaces onsite as well, at the same price, but because the Old Town was built before cars, parking is very limited. The city has recognized the need for parking and thankfully built wonderful underground lots below the Old City. I am glad you enjoyed your room. Room 35 is one of our deluxe king rooms, and all deluxe king rooms and junior suites include a refrigerator in the room. On the more affordable side, the smaller european rooms and the classique queen rooms are very charming, but they do not have a refrigerator in the room. I want to thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review. We really appreciate the support and hope to welcome you here with us once again in the future. Un gros merci, et bonne été! Linda

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I loved staying in this little hotel, despite the 3 flights of stairs we had to climb to get to our small garret room. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful, from restaurant recommendations to directions to the sights that most interested us. They genuinely wanted our stay to be a pleasant one. I also really liked the location on a relatively quiet street near everything we wanted to see. The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. What more could one want?

Room Tip: Keep in mind that this hotel has no elevator if you have trouble with stairs. I think there's one room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate37468
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Bonjour, and many thanks for taking a moment to write a review. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about the location are dead on! The hotel is perfectly located. Because the building dated to 1835, absolutely, some of our rooms are quite petite, like the charming european room you stayed in. Also, we are historically protected, so sorry, an elevator is not an option for us. If you need a room on a lower floor, that is an option, but the european category would not be an available choice. Please make sure to communicate your needs with us at the time of reservation, so that we can accommodate your request! Again, thank you for the review, and thank you for noticing our mattresses and just how clean the rooms are. The entire staff works really hard to make cleanliness a priority. We appreciate your support and for choosing to stay with us. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you with us once again! Un gros merci, Linda

Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff at the Hotel Manoir d’Auteuil was superior in smiles, knowledge of attractions/restaurants and all round in making our trip memorable. We had multiple questions and we received answers either immediately or a “knock on the door” with an answer either in person or literature from research by the front desk.

Room #1 (Omer Marchand) when entering it was an “OMG” moment. High ceilings with unique art-deco lights fixtures, a huge bedroom with woodwork dating back to “we believe” 1933 planned by a famous architect (J. Omer Marchand), more of this architecture can be seen and felt when entering the living-room/library with detailed woodwork. The Omer Marchand room was extraordinary with updated modern conveniences.

The continental breakfast was the perfect size. A good cup of coffee, generous portion of yogourt with a touch of fruit on top, a plain croissant or chocolate croissant and a taste of fresh fruit.

The location of Hotel Manoir d’Auteuil was great...inside the “walls,” easy/pleasant walking distance to most interest of “Old Quebec” as well as a short walk to Metro (bus) if you so wish. The hotel fronts a cobblestone “rue” with frequent horse carriage excursions for tourists. From the front of the hotel you can easily see the picturesque Parliament Building.

If you want to taste some history and be really treated as a guest should be treated, then this hotel is for you.

Why look anywhere else for accommodations in "Old Quebec."

Room Tip: If you have health issues, they will be addressed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Bonjour M. Wayne, I just want to thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. We really had the chance to get to know you, especially since you communicated your needs to us from the get go! We really appreciated knowing that stairs would not be an option for you and your wife, and we were able to find the perfect room for your stay. The Omer Marchand Historic Junior Suite is the former library of the manor, decorated and designed by the renowned Montreal architect for whom the room is named. Our junior suites are very spacious, which is a rare find within the walls of the Old City. It was a true pleasure speaking with you during your stay with us, and I am thrilled that we were able to assist in making your trip to our beautiful city so special. I wish I had a way with words like you do to adequately express our gratitude for your support. Being a small independent property, we really depend on word of mouth from our clients....so again, thank you! Enjoy the rest of your summer, and maybe we will be lucky enough to welcome you here with us again. Un gros merci!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Beginning with our first telephone inquiry the staff was welcoming and accommodating. The suites we stayed in were beautifully decorated, spacious and warm with beautiful expansive bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable with beautiful linens and everything was immaculately maintained throughout the Hotel. We stayed for five nights and the owners and staff were always patient, helpful and gracious. When we requested a tour of the hotel Nancy showed us rooms and suites on all the floors and when we were particularly impressed with one of the other suites she checked with the owners and offered us the opportunity to switch suites for the remainder of our stay. Nancy in particular was always friendly helpful and informative. We would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a trip to Quebec City.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lydia B
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Bonjour Mme. Lydia, I want to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review. You were in one of our junior suites, which yes, are very spacious rooms. I am glad you enjoyed the decor in your room as well as the others that you visited! It is important to note, that because the building was formerly a residence built in 1835, each room is unique in size and personality. If square footage is important, then I highly recommend a spacious junior suite or deluxe king room option. The Classic Queen rooms and european rooms are also lovely and full of charm, with similar decor, however, as with most rooms within the walls of Old Quebec, they too are petite.

You are absolutely right about Nancy. She is a wonderful person and we feel so lucky to have her on our team! Again, many thanks for the review. We truly appreciate it. It was a delight meeting you and we hope we will have the chance to welcome you with us once again in the future. Un gros merci! Linda

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Quebec City is a gem and so is Manoir d'Auteuil. The owners and staff are truly some of the nicest people I've ever met. It is clear that they want to do all they can for their guests. Lucia and Linda gave me wonderful recommendations for touring the city and they were right on the money. The hotel has been lovingly decorated -- every detail is just gorgeous. The bed/bedding was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it, the bath products were incredible, the room was perfectly clean and decorated in ways that gave me ideas for home. The breakfast was well priced, convenient and delicious. I will absolutely be back and am so grateful for the beautiful experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank cjciullo
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Bonjour! First, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate it. I am thrilled you liked my decor. I am a huge fan of the art deco era and we really tried to incorporate the historic art deco accents throughout the building with the renovation.....so although contemporary, there are still hints of the past throughout. The mattresses are Simmons Beauty Rest, and are very high quality. Thank you for noticing! I am glad you had the chance to meet Lucia, she is a real gem. You really took our advice, and in your short stay in Quebec City, you managed to really get a lot in. That is fantastic, and I am so glad you made every moment count. It was a pleasure meeting you, and again, my sincerest thanks for your support and for having chosen to stay with us. We will look forward to welcoming you with us again in the future! Un gros merci, et bonne été! Linda