“Wonderful staff and great location”

Le Manoir d'Auteuil
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July, 2013. From the moment we arrived the staff at this hotel could not have been more helpful and accommodating. We had the good fortune of being checked in by Nancy who is probably the nicest person I have ever encountered at a reception check in. Not only did she provide a warm and welcoming reception but quickly told us of some events we would not want to miss during our stay in the city. Ray was also there to grab our luggage and provide us with direction on where to park, which was appreciated after our long drive.

Vivian was a welcoming face at breakfast each morning, always stopping to chat and provide us with more information on what was going on in the city during our stay. She was able to direct us to where we might obtain tickets for a show which was greatly appreciated.

Oriana was also very sweet and helpful. There were other staff members on during our second and third days there however we did not require much interaction with them as the original staff had been so informative. I am sure they also live up to the service level provided by these 4 members of the team at Hotel Manoir d'Auteuil.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The air conditioner was exceptionally quiet. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and thank the staff for making our visit to Quebec City so great!

Room Tip: Because we arrived a day earlier than planned we stayed in a room on the 4th floor for one night and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Bonjour Pat, I want to thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay with us. I am thrilled that everyone you encountered during your sejour in Quebec helped to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I will pass along your kind words, as they will no doubt make everyone's day! I have to agree with you, as I look forward to working with everyone on our team each day. With such a long stretch of high humidity and heat, we were very pleased that the air conditioning system worked so well. This is our first summer with the new system, and we are exceptionally happy with it. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and thank you for your support. We truly appreciate it. Un gros merci, Linda

Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were fiven room number 1 on the main floor. It was very large and comfortable, but we were concerned for noise levels during the week of the Music Festival. However, this hotel was very well insulated and there was no noise at all, I spite of its great location right on the Esplanade.

Lucia and Linda were very helpful, and all recommendations were outstanding-both restaurants and activities. We were even provided free of charge, leftover passes for all Festival events.

The Hotels location is very convenient, staff was outstanding, and the rooms very clean.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Insignia54
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Bonjour! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were lucky this year, as our departing clients were kind enough to leave us their festival passes when they checked out. How generous! We had several rooms that were able to see some pretty amazing performances as a result. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and stay with us. You had the Omer Marchand Junior suite, which is a true Art Deco gem. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and I hope we will see you again in the future. It was a pleasure meeting you both! I will pass your kind words along to Lucia. I am glad you got to meet her on your arrival. Un gros merci, Linda

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everything about this hotel was great -- the location can't be beat (inside the walls and close to everything yet on a quiet street), the hotel is charming, the room was quite nice and spacious (we had one of the junior suites), the bed was extremely comfortable, and the staff is very welcoming and helpful. We would stay here the next time that we go to Quebec.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeJenD12

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are all very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would come back again. Our junior suites are definitely our more spacious rooms, so if size of the room is something that is important to you, please be sure to mention that you prefer a deluxe king or junior suite room. Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Merci, Linda

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for four nights whilst he attended a conference in Quebec City. The hotel was ideally located for him to make the short walk across the park to the city's conference centre each morning and for me to explore the old town from within the city walls. It is located at the top of the upper town so guests should be prepared for a short but steep walk back to the hotel but don't let this put you off as walking around the old town inevitably involves hills. We also really enjoyed the fact that we could easily walk to more restaurants and bars located outside the city walls on boulevard Renee levesque and rue st jean. The citadel and plains of Abraham are also just a short walk away. Our room was located on the ground floor next to the bar which at first we thought would be noisy and intrusive. Actually, it was very quiet and there are two doors leading to the bedroom for further sound proofing. The room was spacious, very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the antique style furnishings provide tasteful decor and character. The bathroom was modern and clean. A buffet style breakfast is provided and was the same each day consisting of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, toast and excellent croissants. It is soon to be served on the ground floor which will provide a more modern and airy environment to eat in. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful in providing advice on where to go and what to eat and all were bi-lingual so communication should never be a problem for non French speakers. Parking is available at a cost of $18 a day but as the hotel only has 4 spaces we recommend requesting this in advance of your arrival. All in all this hotel is good value for money in view of the location and amenities and I would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the old town.

Room Tip: Room 51 is on the ground floor so avoids having to take luggage up stairs. It is next to the bar and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Bonjour! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us. I am thrilled you liked your room as well as your stay with us. When we decided to move the dining area upstairs, we paid special attention to soundproofing in the new addition, which includes lead sheeting in the walls, along with the extra buffer of the second door in the entrance of your room. I realize that when you first arrive, you may think that it will be noisy given the location to the new dining room and bar, but it is a very quiet and private room. The bar and dining area are only open to clients of the hotel. I imagine you chose to stay with us in part because of our close proximity to the Quebec City Conference center, which is just a few minute walk from the hotel. I am delighted the location worked out so well for you and that you were able to mix pleasure with business. It was a true pleasure meeting you both. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and again, thank you for your support. Un gros merci, Linda

Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a "treat yourself" portion of our trip to Quebec, we stayed in one of the suites at Manoir d'Auteuil. The room was a loft with a nice big tub overlooking the room and outside. (However, our one disappointment was not getting one of the rooms with a large art deco bathroom.)

Everyone was very helpful and we had a very nice stay.

I'll always remember this room because while we were there, my partner asked me to marry him in the room. (I said yes.)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Congratulations!!!!!! Love must be in the air, because during your stay, 4 couples got engaged! Wow, we are so excited for you both. I am delighted you enjoyed your room and stay with us. You were in one of our contemporary art deco junior suites. The Amyotte and Edith Piaf junior suites (rooms 7 and 8) have the vintage art deco bathrooms. If we know in advance your preference, we will do our best to assign you that room, but no doubt, you had a lovely room. This was the perfect occasion to splurge and treat yourselves to something special, and we are delighted that we could be part of the special moment. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I would like to wish you both a lifetime of wonderful moments and memories together. À la prochaine, Linda

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in Le Manoir d'Auteuil 3 nights for the Canada day 2013 long weekend. The hotel is situated in a great location to see Quebec City on foot. This boutique hotel is very clean, has friendly helpful staff, and offers a great breakfast. Breakfast includes freshly baked croissants - you wake up to a lovely aroma of baking from the kitchen, fresh fruit, assortments of toast breads, yogurt, cereal, eggs, coffee, tea and juice. The breakfast is served downstairs in a clean, quaint, dining area - however they are relocating this to the newly renovated main floor lounge/bar area. The bar area is a nice place to relax after a full day of walking/touring Quebec City. The hotel offers 2 for 1 beers; which is a great way to end a full day of touring the city. The staff is extremely helpful in recommending sites to see, restaurants and entertainment. A great location, wonderful staff, clean lovely rooms - oh, and did I mention - extremely reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gloria K
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Bonjour Gloria,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I must say it was a pleasure meeting you both. The bar area is new for us, and at the moment, we only serve beer and wine. Eventually, we will have a full bar. I am glad you took advantage of it and enjoyed the 2 for 1 beer special! Take care, and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future! Merci, et bonne journée,
Linda

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel.The location is perfect for walking throughout the old city. It is also near The Parliament and many good restaurants. The staff was very helpful in making recommendations; it will warm, friendly and informative.The plain and chocolate croissants are home-baked and outrageously good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jkf11
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

My sincerest thanks for sharing your experience at the Manoir d'Auteuil with the travel community. I am delighted you enjoyed our croissants so much. We bake the croissants fresh each morning, and if you came early to breakfast, you were lucky enough to enjoy them piping hot out of the oven.
Our breakfast is light and simple, but we do use fresh and homemade ingredients, and I am thrilled you enjoyed it so much! Have a great summer ahead, and again thank you for writing a review and for your support. A small business such as ours depends heavily on word of mouth, and we truly do appreciate it! Merci, et bonne journée! Linda.