“Quebec city - canada day long weekend 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir d'Auteuil

Le Manoir d'Auteuil
Ranked #5 of 106 Hotels in Quebec City
Toronto, Canada
“Quebec city - canada day long weekend 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in Le Manoir d'Auteuil 3 nights for the Canada day 2013 long weekend. The hotel is situated in a great location to see Quebec City on foot. This boutique hotel is very clean, has friendly helpful staff, and offers a great breakfast. Breakfast includes freshly baked croissants - you wake up to a lovely aroma of baking from the kitchen, fresh fruit, assortments of toast breads, yogurt, cereal, eggs, coffee, tea and juice. The breakfast is served downstairs in a clean, quaint, dining area - however they are relocating this to the newly renovated main floor lounge/bar area. The bar area is a nice place to relax after a full day of walking/touring Quebec City. The hotel offers 2 for 1 beers; which is a great way to end a full day of touring the city. The staff is extremely helpful in recommending sites to see, restaurants and entertainment. A great location, wonderful staff, clean lovely rooms - oh, and did I mention - extremely reasonably priced. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gloria K
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Bonjour Gloria,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I must say it was a pleasure meeting you both. The bar area is new for us, and at the moment, we only serve beer and wine. Eventually, we will have a full bar. I am glad you took advantage of it and enjoyed the 2 for 1 beer special! Take care, and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the future! Merci, et bonne journée,
Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel.The location is perfect for walking throughout the old city. It is also near The Parliament and many good restaurants. The staff was very helpful in making recommendations; it will warm, friendly and informative.The plain and chocolate croissants are home-baked and outrageously good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jkf11
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
My sincerest thanks for sharing your experience at the Manoir d'Auteuil with the travel community. I am delighted you enjoyed our croissants so much. We bake the croissants fresh each morning, and if you came early to breakfast, you were lucky enough to enjoy them piping hot out of the oven.
Our breakfast is light and simple, but we do use fresh and homemade ingredients, and I am thrilled you enjoyed it so much! Have a great summer ahead, and again thank you for writing a review and for your support. A small business such as ours depends heavily on word of mouth, and we truly do appreciate it! Merci, et bonne journée! Linda.
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This small hotel was just perfect. It's location makes all of Old Quebec City accessible by foot. The park directly across the street has batllements you can explore, and is the starting point for all the horse & carriage tours. The hotel staff was just super friendly and helpful.

It was so great to be able to stay within the Old City at very reasonable cost. We booked one of the fourth floor European rooms to save a little bit; when booking, you are warned about the lack of elevator and told the room is very small. They were right about no elevator,but the room itself (#42) was, in my opinion, about the same size as a regular hotel room in many other cities. Having breakfast included was great to start the day, and the freshly baked chocolate croissants sent wonderful smells wafting all the way up to our fourth floor room!

1 Thank LauraFF7
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Bonjour Laura, and thank you so much for taking the time to review. I realize that when we spoke, you said you were expecting a much smaller room. The european rooms are small, but each varies in size, and you had one with a little more floor space. Oddly enough, my favorite of the European rooms is the smallest of them all, room 43, as I love the view out of this window.

I am delighted that we met your expectations, and I am glad you enjoyed the croissants so much. Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. We really appreciate the support. Have a great summer, and we hope to welcome you to Quebec City again in the future.

Merci, Linda
Davie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The reviews promise a good stay, but the personalized service by Linda and her staff made our stay amazing! I was concerned the hotel having no elevator, but Linda personally carried our bags to our lovely room #33. The location is ideal, the newly completed business center perfect, and the freshly baked croissants yummy. We forgot our coats in the room at check out, and they were sent the next day to our hotel in Montreal. The personalized service was beyond what we experienced in our 4 hotel changes of our vacation. I would come back and stay here again! It was the best night's sleep I had in our 7 days of travel!

Room Tip: Room #33 is beautiful and even though it faces the street was extremely quiet!
    • 5 of 5 stars
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you Shari for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your room. Even though facing the street side, the view rooms are fairly quiet, but it just depends on what is going on in town during your stay. It was a pleasure meeting you both, and I hope we get the chance to see you in our neck of the woods again some day. Have a great summer! Merci, Linda
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you visit Quebec City, this is the place to stay! I was impressed from the moment I arrived. Having disembarked a cruise ship, I arrived Saturday morning at 9:00am to a full house that morning. They happily held our luggage until we could check in. And since we had to leave at 5:00 am the next morning and had 7 suitcases (we don't pack light), they went so far as to move us down to the first floor to make it easier for us. Friendly and down-to-earth staff. Rooms are all vintage 1880 victorian with lots of room. Clean, comfortable and quiet, and just around the corner from great shops and restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars
Bonjour, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I did not have the pleasure of meeting you, but I definitely met your 7 bags! (Don't worry, this is very common for cruise goers.....you have to be prepared for any weather, and formal occasions when on a cruise ship) I am glad we were able to accommodate you on a lower floor. That is not always possible last minute, but it worked out perfectly during your stay.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I realize that time is not something we have a lot of, so I truly appreciate it. Thank you for supporting us, and for choosing to stay with us.

Merci, Linda
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is just within the old town wall facing the park that parallels the city wall. You can walk to just about all the tourist sites including upper town, where the hotel is located, lower town, the art museum and the restaurants and boutiques near the government buildings outside the wall. The staff is helpful and friendly. They will gladly carry your bags up the stairs as there is no elevator. They offered good recommendations for area restaurants as well as directions to the local sights. The rooms are decorated in a vaguely art deco style. We were in one of the rooms in the newer wing. It was large and the bathroom was oversized with a large window. The decor wasn't exactly my taste, lots of gold with artwork that might have been purchased at Marshall's. But the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning efficient and almost silent. For an expensive town, the room rate in the low 200's seemed fair. Be aware that 15% tax seems to be added on to everything in Quebec. This is not the most lavish place you can find, but it is very comfortable, the staff is accommodating and the location is great.

Room Tip: If you get a room in the back you will be looking at other buildings and an alley, but it is very qu...
2 Thank phillyshrink
By the way, I love your kitty on your profile picture.....what a cutie! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed your visit to Quebec City. It is true that Quebec City is not inexpensive during the high season, but given the history and city center location, it is a pretty good deal compared to other cities that attract so many visitors. Sales taxes are pretty high throughout Canada, so anyone travelling should definitely plan the taxes into their budget.

If anyone is looking for a more lavish art deco experience, I highly recommend renting one of our vintage junior suites. All rooms have art deco accents throughout, but the junior suites are very elegant and worth the extra expense.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We really appreciate your support. Merci, Linda
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A great hotel in a great location. Staff were so hospitable, friendly and extremely helpful.
Our room was on the top floor, a bit of a climb but didn't cause us any problems. Room was charming and very clean.
Breakfast was perfect.
Hotel is in a very good location and easy to walk to some good restaurants and sites in the city.
Linda was great in helping us to plan our journey for the next stage of our holiday. We took her advice and had a lovely drive from Quebec City to Boston.
Would highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Quebec City

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our european rooms. We do try to warn everyone about the stairs, because we are a heritage property first built in 1835 and therefore do not have an elevator. Thank you for mentioning that we are always glad to help with the bags. My guess is that you took the river route I suggested. I am glad you had the time to do so, the views are really worthwhile. It was a pleasure meeting you both during your stay with us. You came a long way to visit from Oxford, so I hope you were able to see all you had hoped to see during your trip to North America. Take care, and have a pleasant trip home. Merci, Linda