I had originally booked another hotel and decided to look at other options for the one night before we joined a cruise. I was impressed by the feedback on Trip Advisor so decided to change my booking and was not disappointed. We were due to arrive quite late in the evening and were even later than planned due to a flight delay, but we received a very warm welcome from Catharine and were delighted to be told we had been upgraded to a junior suite (room 7.) As others having commented being a small boutique style hotel there is no lift but we were helped up to the first floor with our bags and opened the door into a great room complete with four poster bed, it seemed a shame to move all the cushions and pillows to get in but it was a very welcome site. The bathroom was something else - all very art deco and it was bigger than many bedrooms we have had in the past. There was a flat screen TV and it felt really odd when I switched it on in the morning finding that Coronation St was one - but the episode was some weeks behind where we were in the UK. The bathroom was complete with bath and shower and the shower was something else, jets of water cascading from every direction - that really woke us up in the morning. Both the bedroom and bathroom were beautifully decorated. Breakfast was served in the basement and was a very adequate continental breakfast. We stored our bags so that we could explore Quebec while waiting for our time to board the cruise ship. When we returned to the hotel the receptionist very obligingly ordered us a cab and also told us the estimated priced we could expect to pay. This was a great find and we were really sorry that we were only staying one night. We also noted how helpful the staff were when talking to other guests making recommendations of places to eat for dinner. We would certainly recommend to others and would return if ever we went back to Quebec. We were in a room on the front and it was really quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manoir d'Auteuil invites guests to enjoy the glamour and elegance of our French art deco boutique hotel. We offer visitors the charm of our historic building, the personal attention of our devoted multi-lingual staff and the special touches found in the smaller and intimate hotels in Quebec City. Our location inside the old city walls, across from the Parliament building and near the Quebec City Conference Center, is ideal for tourists, business visitors and travelers seeking romantic getaways in Quebec. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Le Manoir d'Auteuil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Manoir d`Auteuil Hotel Quebec City
- Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec/Quebec City