“Business was a pleasure”

Le Manoir d'Auteuil
Ranked #2 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Sechelt, Canada
“Business was a pleasure”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was in Quebec City for a week with my partner attending a convention. The Manoir d'Auteuil is extremely conveniently located just within the walls of vieux Quebec, while being only 5 minutes from the Convention Centre on foot.

The staff and management are top notch. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We went to five different restaurants for dinner, each upon recommendation from hotel staff. All five were excellent (Portofino, Sous le Fort, Le Hobbit, Le Lapin Saute, Conti Caffe, for those curious [in our order of preference from least to best]). My partner is vegetarian and Vivian went out of her way to provide us a list of vegetarian options - something that can be tricky in Quebecois cuisine.

Breakfast is good. Our room was spacious and clearly recently upgraded.

All in all, this was an excellent choice and I would recommend Le Manoir d'Auteuil without reservation to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Bonjour, and my sincerest thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. While a small boutique hotel, we still have many clients that come to stay with us for conferences at the conference center. We have worked hard over the past year to ensure that our accommodations can meet the needs of business clients, including improved internet access and spacious king rooms that are ideal for longer stays. Thank you for passing the word on, and I am glad you enjoyed our restaurant recommendations. Quebec City has so many wonderful restaurants, so I recommend any traveller plan on taking advantage of those culinary treasures! Merci, et j'espère à vous revoir!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Fort George E. Meade, MD
Reviewed October 30, 2012

There are many things to love about Quebec City, and one of it's treasures is Le Manoir d'Auteull. My sister and I had the pleasure of staying three nights, and consider the service and comfort provided us by Manoir d' Auteull a highlight of our trip. The service was exceptional and the room exceeded expectations. Their recommendations for tours and restaurants were excellent. I am disabled and the staff went out of their way to accomodate me, including bringing breakfast to my room. The room was beautifully furnished, the hotel located in a quiet area,and yet easily accessable to transportation and the primary thoroughfares in the Old City. It's definitely THE place to stay in Quebec City.
sgc

Room Tip: Simply let the manager know what your needs are and she'll help select the most appropriate room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bonjour, and thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure meeting both you and your sister during your stay with us. I am glad you did contact us by telephone when making the reservation so that we could discuss your room preferences and needs. Often times, travellers will reserve through a 3rd party online and just select the lease expensive option, which happens to be a room on the 4th floor. This was absolutely not an option for you, and I am thrilled you contacted us directly so that we could work to ensure your stay was comfortable. Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community. I realize it takes time to write a review, and time is so precious. Thank you, and I hope you and your sister will have the chance to visit Quebec City again. Un gros merci!
Eugene OR
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We only had one night to stay at the Manoir d'Auteuil. We wish that we could have stayed longer. We were told that we had a small room on the fourth floor. To our surprise, the room and large and beautifully furnished. The bathroom had recently been updated with granite tile, the tub and extra long and wonderfully comfortable after a day of walking all around that gorgeous city. We opted for breakfast in the morning. The fresh fruit, granola, hard boiled eggs and the fresh croissants were all delicious. The location within the walls of the old city, right across from a park, was perfect. Both Viviane and Linda at the front desk were warm, friendly and helpful. If we are ever fortunate enough to be in Quebec City again, we will definitely stay at Manoir d'Auteuil.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in this historic building. The staff carried our luggage up to the fourth floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay in our 4th floor european rooms. Everyone's idea of spacious or small is relative, but because these rooms are situated on the last floor, with the slanted ceilings and dormer window, they are very charming, but also quite petite by most people's standards. I am very glad you enjoyed the room though, and that you appreciated the furniture, as each piece was hand made by a local carpenter. We really strive to purchase locally whenever possible. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review us online, and to share your travel experience with the travel community. I too hope you can come see us again, and perhaps next time stay longer than 1 day! Merci, et je vous souhaite une bonne journée!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed for two nights and were blown away by the wonderful hospitality. The staff go out of their way to help, were amazingly friendly at all times and had great tips on restaurants. The price is reasonable for being within the old city walls, and a great buffet breakfast is included. Our room was a decent size and the bed was super comfortable. The hotel is located just within the old city walls on a quiet street, but close to everything. This is a fantastic place that left an impression - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Depending on your budget and willingness to climb stairs, ask for the options. Staff happily let you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Wow, what a nice review! Your suggestion about discussing room options with our reception is a great tip. Often times clients just click on the least expensive option through an online travel agency, without making sure it meets their needs. You definitely did your homework, and knew that the european rooms situated on the top floor required going up some stairs. I adore the french charm of the european rooms with their slanted ceilings and dormer window. I am thrilled you enjoyed the room as well. Thank you for your kind words, and especially for taking the time to write a review. I realize time is not something we have much of to spare, so this is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your encouraging words, and for supporting a small historic property such as ours. Un gros merci!
new hampshire
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The staff was knowledgable, helpful and friendly - couldn't ask for anything more. The room was good, very comfortable bed and quiet room. The location is ideal to all of the Old Town attractions. A few minor complaints - the design of the bathroom sink with a long and wide glass shelf protruding above it made it difficult and almost a comical experience to shave - not user friendly. There was also an annoying dripping water sound (the radiator?) that made the second night of our stay less comfortable than the first - as we were leaving early the next AM, was not worth the effort of awakening anyone at 3AM to address. Overall, would definately come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would come back again. We all enjoy sharing our favourite finds with our guests, and I am thrilled you found our recommendations so helpful. I am sorry you found the glass shelf cumbersome for shaving. We have the glass shelves in many bathrooms to provide for additional space given the many toiletry and skin care products travellers bring with them. Our new Daikin climate control system is exceptionally quiet, especially compared to those big fan units one finds in most chain hotels. I am not sure of what you heard, but I will definitely look into it. Thank you for letting us know, and thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Outstanding location just within the old city walls, but away from the main tourist noise. The staff were amazing, accomodating and friendly. They provided us with all the information we needed in terms of restaurants, places to visit etc, and chose VERY well. Bilingual staff made us feel right at home! We stayed in the new rooms, which were lovely, clean, and well appointed. Can't say enough positive things about the hotel, the people, the location, or Vieux Quebec in general. Highly recommend this hotel to all....absolute gold.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! I agree that the location is perfect, and I will most definitely pass along your kind words with our team. These kind of positive comments truly make our day. I am also glad you enjoyed the new rooms. I assume you stayed in one of the deluxe king rooms that we have added on to the hotel. The new decor is slowly but surely being incorporated into the existing rooms as well. As I look through the reviews, I see comments from so many of the various rooms in the hotel. It is always best to reserve by phone, and then we can speak one on one to get an idea of the perfect fit for you. I find some clients prefer the newer remodelled rooms, and others, more of the historic and vintage charm. Again thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review, and for your precious support. Many thanks!
montreal
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed there in july 12 ,oned and managed privately ,price reasonable ,style art deco original ,nice peoples always ready to help ,Bilangual,Parking,and breakfast included, good location walking distance to parlement,and most stuf to see and do i wold recomand and go back

Room Tip: for a feew dollar more look for the suite on the ground level facing the street,a bit dark but like...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We find the location perfect too. A small establishment like ours truly relies on word of mouth from wonderful clients like you. Thank you!