Le Manoir d'Auteuil
$315
$189
$184
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
$209
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
$253
  • Breakfast included
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
$188
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Pool
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$149
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$181
$159
$424
$260
Agoda.com
1,413 results
All reviewsedith piafchapel roomcroissantsold cityno elevatorwithin the wallsboutique hotelcrepesgranolawithin walking distancesmall hotelfirst floorfresh fruitquiet streetperfect locationbreakfast was deliciousrestaurant recommendations
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in Nov 2011. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to stay in good friendly place that is very comfortable and reasonably priced.

I have stayed in quite a number of hotels in North America and this was up there with the best.

The Staff are very helpful and friendly, cannot do enough to help, but not overbearing.

The hotel captures the character of Quebec City and is in a perfect location

just a short stroll away from everything

I also had some interesting coversations some of the other guests and if I ever get back to Quebec City, which is a truly fascinating place with a very interesting history, especially for anyone from Ireland

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank VFM2009
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am particularly delighted that you found the historical elements of the building and Quebec City so interesting. You did travel during the low season, which is a great time to visit Quebec City, as rates are very reasonable during this time of year. Again, thank you for your kind comments and it was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The hotel is located in the Upper town area of Vieux Quebec (Old Quebec City). It's within the walls of Old town, but on the edge (the last street before the wall), so it's about equidistant from the rest of Old town and the Parliament area. It's a charming hotel with cute rooms...our room was on the top floor, so we had a slant in our ceiling, which added character to the room. The rooms are a good size and very clean.

However, there were a few drawbacks. There are no elevators, so we had to carry our luggage 4 floors (the receptionist was kind enough to help us with our bags)...but it seems all of the older buildings in Old town don't have elevators. The other problem was that the walls are paper thin. Our bed was right next to the door, so we could hear everyone in the hallway. We could also hear people talking in the next room. I was not able to get a good nights' sleep that night. Also, the parking lot for the hotel only has a few spots (I think 4), so you have to park down the street and around the corner and still pay the same amount ($17).

We paid $130 for the hotel, which was a pretty good deal for the location/quality of the hotel, but I was frustrated that I didn't have a better sleep experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bjoo
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. So much of sleep quality in any hotel will inevitably depend on other clients in the hotel. We are normally a very quiet hotel, and I am sorry that other clients returning so late to their rooms were making so much noise in the hallways. This room is a european room, and because there are only 4 rooms on this floor, and because they are high up, they are normally quite quiet and immune to the sounds of the hustle and bustle within the old city.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. We were a large group traveling together. The hostess went out her way to make sure everything was going smoothly. We had booked a queen bed with a pullout sofa. They brought in another regular bed to the room, instead of the sofa so that we could have a more comfortable stay. There is no elevator, but they will help you with your bags so it's not a problem. The breakfast was great. They constantly replenished items that were low. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you have issues climbing stairs make sure to call ahead and request a lower floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your comments regarding the stairs. As always, due to historic preservation, we do not have an elevator. We are always available to help anyone with their bags, and please call and speak with someone directly if you have a special request due to stairs.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was a touch worried after reading all the reviews about the size of the European rooms on the fourth floor. We were in room 41 and I was pleasantly suprised by the roominess. It was perfect for us. It was exactly what we wanted and needed with the Carnival sight about a 3 minute walk away. The staff was very friendly and we very much appreciated that. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast - the croissants were sooooo good:) With rates soaring during Carnival the European was very good value for money. Thanks for reading.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
LaFollette, Owner at Le Manoir d'Auteuil, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time to place a review. Given that the house was originally built in 1835, all rooms vary in size. The european rooms are smaller, with slanted ceilings and a dormer window, but have all of the amenities needed to enjoy your stay. Prices in Quebec City soar during the high season, which includes carnaval, and it is not always easy to find something under $200.00 per night with such a perfect location. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and yes, I love the croissants too......they are delicious and baked fresh daily by our favorite bakery just down the street: Paillard.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a wonderful and charming boutique hotel. We stayed in a junior suite (Room 7) with an incredibly large bathroom. Our king size bed was extremely comfortable. The owners and staff are some of the nicest people we have met in our many travels. Their follow-through is excellent and are extremely helpful in giving suggestions and directions. We were there during Carnivale which is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast is basic but when I asked for hot chocolate and also for some honey, the next day it was provided. The bread and croissants as well as the fruit were very fresh every day.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street but we could barely hear a car passing, so no need to worry.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends