I stayed at this B & B in 2009 under prior ownership and I am pleased to report the experience was vastly improved, particularly the breakfast. Whereas in 2009 the "breakfast" was day old muffins and weak coffee in the front entrance hall, now the owners offer a full continental breakfast in a dining room on the lower level. The location, just off the Jardin des Gouverneurs and across from the Chateau Frontenac, is fabulous -- with a panoramic view of the St. Lawrence River as you walk out the front door in a quiet and private neighborhood. Having stayed in several of the hotels around this park, most are a bit dated. In the case of Chateau de Pierre, the room appointments, bathrooms and linens could use some renovations or replacement over time. Also, some rooms are more spacious than others -- while we had a large size bathroom, the couple we were travelling with had a bathroom the size of a closet and had to duck when using the shower. All in all, Chateau de Pierre is a great choice when visiting Quebec.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Chateau de Pierre, an intimate hotel located in the heart of Old Quebec, is distinguished by its English-Colonial charm. Each room offers quality, comfort and good taste. Some have a view of the St Lawrence, others, adjoining balconies overlooking the garden. The hotel is located in one of the most picturesque areas of Old Quebec, set back from the Citadelle and close to the Chateau Frontenac, boutiques, historic sites and the winter carnival activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Le Chateau de Pierre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Chateau De Pierre Hotel Quebec City
- Le Chateau De Pierre Quebec/Quebec City