Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$158
eDreams$158
Agoda.com$158
Tripadvisor$158
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews old city breakfast room several blocks an ideal location floor room lots of character staff was very friendly and helpful within walking distance park your car elevator parliament stairs
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2016

Family operated facility, very clean, well organized, excellent location, steps from old city, includes a nice morning breakfast.
There is a sitting room for chatting with other guest or just sit relax, read a magazine, or go online.
Parking is offsite at a public parking, but a short walk from the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
atyourdoorstep, Front Office Manager at Manoir de L'Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2016

Thank you for your review! We are always glad to know that our guests enjoyed their stay with us!

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

We are super happy with our choice.
The hotel is small very clean and comfortable. It seems to be family run and the staff is super friendly, courteous and helpful.
The continental breakfast buffet is nice. Lots of fresh fruit, pastries, juice and small & tasty quiches. There is coffee and tea available all day. In the late afternoon there is also hot chocolate.
The location is ideal. It is a quiet spot facing a park but it is a close walk to everything. Lots of restaurants ,bars and points of interest are nearby.
My husband asked for a restaurant suggestion to take me on my birthday and next thing you know the hotel sent me a beautiful bouquet of balloons and a box of chocolate.
I heartily recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again in the future.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank brasilborn
atyourdoorstep, Front Office Manager at Manoir de L'Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2016

We thank you for all your good words and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and always try to be as helpful and courteous as possible.

We cannot however take credit for the balloons and chocolate, as they were not sent by the hotel staff. We wish we could, but someone else is to thank for those!

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope we will see you again during your next visit in our beautiful city.

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

If I was to rate this hotel "five out of five stars ", that's not conveying how special it is. In t

he middle of nearly everything, the rooms are nice; the exterior is attractive, yet the entire staff go far beyond the norm to make your stay pleasant. (They even presented my wife balloons & a gift for her birthday. While not everyone will receive such treatment, it's indicative how much the hotel genuinely cares.)

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jamesfarrow1

Thank you for your wonderful review. We do try to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible, however, as mentioned on another review, somebody else is to thank for the balloons and chocolate (we do not know who).

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

This small family-run hotel was the perfect location for our stay on July 10 to 13. We were at a walking distance to most of the musical acts during the Festival d'été de Québec. We were that close to the Plaines d'Abraham that I heard all of Sheryl Crow's sound check from my open hotel window.

My husband and I stayed in room #36 which over-looked the Parc de l'Esplanade, had a King size bed and a tiny bath but with a big showerhead. The room was beautiful with the old stone walls and the hardwood floors. My parents were in room #22 with a Queen size bed and the same lovely character than our room. But my sister, her husband and their son had room #51 which was very different than our rooms: carpet, small, smelly and under-whelming. It felt like We were in two different hotels. Maybe they didn't get to renovate that room yet but it was disapointing for them since they were paying more than us for the simple fact that they had two beds.

The breakfast was very good with a variety of fresh pastries!

The owners are all very nice, welcoming and hard-working. Merci!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate the input as it makes it easier for us to offer an ever better service.

We understand that you were suprised by the different appereance of room 51. As it was not built in the main building of the hotel (but in the annex, which also houses the breakfast room), it does not have the same character as other rooms. It is however a bigger room with a bigger bathroom (and, as you mentioned, two beds), which accounts for its price.

As you correctly surmised, this room and the one next to it are to be renovated this coming winter, the last of our 34 rooms to be rejuvenated since the past few years.

Merci de votre visite et, nous l'espérons, à une prochaine fois!

Reviewed July 16, 2016

My wife and I (77,78) stayed here for two nights and were very pleased. The reception is warm and helpful, with information given about parking, restaurants etc. There is an elevator. We were on the second floor, and the room was great considering that the building is quite old. The bed was very comfortable, although the bathroom is a bit small. Although this place is very central, and good for walking to all the important sites and locations, it is very quiet (we were there during the summer music festival, and yet still it was a great place for sleeping). My only small complaint, and it is minor, is that the noise of the heat-exchanger or air conditioner (or some such motor) made it inconvenient to open the window at night. However since the place is air-conditioned, this was not a big problem. I would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple