We found this inn to be very quaint and cozy with its exposed old stone walls and wooden beams. It is located on a quiet block behind the Chateau Frontenac. Although the winding staircase was a little challenging with luggage, it added to the charm of the inn after we were settled in (we stayed on the top floor). There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance. The staff was very helpful although their English is limited (and so is my French). The inn is kept very clean as guests are asked to remove their boots/shoes in the lobby before going upstairs. (This is a common French-Canadien custom I know). We enjoyed the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of the inn after visiting Winter Carnival sites during the day. The room rate was a fair price, although keep in mind the taxes in Canada are significantly more than we are accustomed to in the US. Overall, a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Manoir Sur-le-Cap is located near the Château Frontenac and Notre Dame Basilica in Old Quebec, in the the most historic quarter of North America.On this site, facing the Jardin des Gouverneurs, a wooden house was built at the end of the 18th century.After purchasing the property in 1837, William L. Felton had the small house demolished and replaced by a comfortable stone house.Subsequently, Doctor Georges Mellis Douglas, owner of the residence, had the Grosse-Ile opened up for sick immigrants and became their medical superintendent.In 1856 and 1857, the owner of this home was painter Théophile Hamel who lived there after his mariage.The Roy family, owners of the premises since 1967, have preserved the historic cachet of this hotel. Their warm hospitality will make your stay unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Manoir Sur-le-Cap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Sur-Le-Cap Hotel Quebec City
- Manoir Sur-Le-Cap Quebec/Quebec City