“Wonderful Location, Great Place to Stay!!”
Review of Manoir Sur-le-Cap

Manoir Sur-le-Cap
Ranked #47 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I visited for 2 nights in September with a couple of friends. The hotel sits across a lovely little park area from the Chateau Frontenac, Walking distance to everything in the Old Town. And wonderful views of the water from outside the hotel. The rooms were very clean and bed very comfortable. The front desk personnel was always friendly and had fantastic suggestions on where to eat and sites to see. If ever back in Quebec I would choose this as my home away from home...loved it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Manoir Sur-le-Cap

Reviewed September 3, 2011

This place is located across a park from the historic Hotel Frontenac and a block from the river in the old town. It was peaceful and charming. It seemed a bit expensive at first, but turned out to be fairly reasonable for Quebec. No breakfast included, but that was fine for us. We stayed in two places in Quebec and wished we'd stayed at this one longer.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2011

we stayed at the manoir sur-le-cap back in march for 4 nights and had a wonderful time.
the staff were very helpful. we stayed on the first floor, the first room when you walk in from the front. we had two beds and the room was very nice, on the small side but we expected that. the bathroom was very nice as well. the manoir is in a great location- we walked everywhere. we explored the citadel, took the stairs to lower town and the musee de civilazation, admired the chateau frontenac, all in snowy weather so it was wonderful to come back to the manoir sur le cap at night. overall a fabulous stay, we highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel is small but room is very nice. I stayed in room William Sharples #8. It's a small room but very nice and clean. No bathtub, just stand shower and a bit small. Two people can stay in this room but if you have big luggages, gonna be very tight. It has a small balcony. I checked in with a couple, very nice people. I arrived early, around 9:30am, they kept my luggage for me and once I return around 1pm, my luggage is in my room. The room is a bit noisy, I found. I hear people turn on water next room. People walk and talk in the hallway, I can hear. Overall, I was happy with the room. I didn't need big space.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2011

this hotel is a wonderful place that is more than inviting. the views and proximity to all it's charm of the city is incredible....just make sure you don't spend the week with a nut

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We really enjoyed this very cozy hotel. Very friendly staff, very romantic room, perfect to be with someone special. Good location, near the Chateau Frontenac.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Quebec city is beautiful and it was great to step outside this lovely hotel and be so close to all the fantastic sights in Old Quebec. My husband and I travelled with my adult son and partner. We tried to get the suite and it was unfortunately unavailable so we took a 2 bedroom family rooms. The layout was a little odd as you entered into one small bedroom then into the next and off the second bedroom was the bathroom and a tiny kitchenette. There was a TV only in the first bedroom. So it was a bit small and personal for 4 adults but we made it work and enjoyed staying here. Having the kitchenette was fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family