“Great stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Willimantic, Connecticut
“Great stay”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lots of great things to say about this hotel. The room was one of the most immaculate rooms I have ever stayed in - there wasn't a speck of dust or dirt anywhere. The beds and linens were quite comfortable and provided a good night's rest. The breakfast basket provided every morning was delicious. The basket had so much food we almost always had leftovers for an afternoon snack. The windows opened allowing for fresh air and lots of natural light. The DVD collection and popcorn was a nice touch. The hotel was in a good location and the parking garage was just around the corner and very affordable. Overall, this hotel was a good value. My husband and I did not like the bathroom toiletries. The soap, shampoo, and conditioner did not lather or rinse well - especially with the lo-flo shower head. We really wish we had brought our own products. Also, the hotel is pet friendly and we did bring our small pooch. However, the closest green space is a bit of a walk away and not terribly convenient if you have a dog that needs to go out frequently.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Sunshine Coast, BC
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

ok. so i read all the great reviews on TA but it was still a surprise. we are checking out this morning after only one night. oh well.we will be back. what a nice hotel. on the outside, classic old Quebec - on the inside ultra modern, smaller rooms, extremely well done, extremely comfortable. note the fridge hiding behind a cupboard door. We haven't stayed in any other hotel here in quebec, but i can't see that a oerson could do better than this. thanks too to the ultra helpful front desk staff.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is so fantastic I have to sign up for tripadvisor to do this review. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable and all the staff were very friendly. The location of the hotel is fantastic; it is right in the center of old Quebec and is just a short walking distance to everything.

The first couple nights I stayed in the room on the first floor beside the elevator. I am a light sleeper so whenever people walked by to the elevator with their wheeled suitcases it woke me up, so I requested for a quieter room on the third night. The supervisor was more than accomodating! He selected a quiet room for me and brought me there to see if it is okay, on top of that, he gave me a complementary breakfast for the next morning...wow I'm impressed!

The hotel has lots and lots of DVDs you can choose from, and they asked if we wanted popcorn, what a bonus! The breakfast comes in a picnic basket and the pastries are from Paillard, which was delicious. I would definitely receommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jtantan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Perfect location, great helpful staff, very nice rooms. There isn't a dining area but the breakfast basket in your room is a great idea and there is a bistro right next door.Superior rooms are best for families. We stayed with our son who is 21 months. A travel cot is known as a crib. The crib was free to use.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A pretty little hotel right in the middle of Old Quebec. It's on a busy street, but very quiet. The hotel is upgraded,the people at the front desk are friendly, and the location is perfect for shopping, dining, and strolling!

Room Tip: We had room 114 - with a little balcony, facing the street. A queen bed.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
saskatoon
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel was wonderful in every way! Service was excellent. Our room was quiet and spotless. The breakfast basket was SUCH at treat and always included croissants that are the best I've had this side of the Atlantic! Their environmental philosophy was an added bonus as was the excellent location. I would only ever stay here again if in Quebec City.

Room Tip: Book on the hotel's website to get breakfast basket included.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, Vermont
Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the moment I contacted this hotel to the minute we checked out....this was an amazing experience. When I called to make the reservation they didn't have a room available. Later that night I recived a call back from them telling me about a room that would work perfectly for our family. I was so happy they took the time to take care of us. When we checked in we were so pleased with the room. Modern and yet with old world charm. An exposed brick wall and a fireplace were so lovely. We were with our two teen children and yet we were so comfortable. They even had set up the murphy bed for us before we arrived.

Our room included an amazing breakfast picnic basket that was hung on a hook outside our door promptly at 8 am. It is included four each of: orange juice, a fruit, a yogurt, cheese and two different pastries (eight in total). The attention to detail meant that they gave us a different fruit and pastry each of the four days we stayed. There was a small refrigerator, a coffee pot, a pot to heat water and a teapot. I love tea so this was a nice touch.

More details included a beautiful room next to the front desk with tables and chairs for the guests to use as a sitting room. They have an assortment of games for families and a large selection of dvds that the guests can check our free. They even will add a large bowl of popcorn you can take to your room. Our room included a desk and since both of our teens brought their laptops it was nice to have plenty of outlets available. They had hooks by the door with a shelf for coats, gloves, hats and umbrellas. This was great for us with the time of year we were visiting.

When we were in the car ready to leave there was a knock on my window and someone had brought my tea that I had left in the lobby out to me. How kind. I found the staff to be so very nice and attentive. What a wonderful experience!!!

Room Tip: We were traveling with two teens and they gave us a king suite. It had a murphy bed and was a great...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family