“Great location in Québec City”

Hotel Chateau Laurier
Ranked #35 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Hamburg, Germany
“Great location in Québec City”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The trip in February 2012 was my second stay at this hotel. I booked a special rate online.

The hotel is located on Place George V, which is within walking distance to the city centre and thus, all major attractions in Québec City. It is a really nice place to stay. The room was large enough for me as a single traveller. Even though I arrived at the hotel early, I was offered a room to check in. I was given a choice to check in later in the room two floors higher up, which I did (for the view and I was not in a hurry). I could already park my rental car in the garage (extra charges apply).

The personnel at the concierge desk was very helpful and could answer all the questions I had.

My room was comfortable, furnished with an armchair and a desk large enogh to work on my laptop. Wireless internet is free of charge, but no high speed. It's fast enough to check your email etc., but I needed to download a larger file (testing a programm for the video postprocessing), so I ordered the high speed connection for a night.

Breakfast (extra charge) would be at the adjoining St. Hubert's for those who like it. Otherwise, there are a number of cafés on the street. It's your pick.
As said earlier, the hotel is within walking distance to the city centre, where you are within a few minutes. Great location!

Room Tip: Rooms facing Grande Allée may be a bit noisier during "outdoor-party-season". I have staye...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank thor_74HH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 20, 2012

It was my first stay at this hotel. Was there on a business trip. Walking distance from the winter carnival of Quebec. About 15 minutes walk from the great restaurant in Old Quebec. The hotel is very nice, comfortable rooms, great service, well maintain. The St-Hubert resto is really great. The servers are wonderful, pleasant and welcoming.
What impressed me the most...it's the integrity of the cleaning crew. On the morning we left, I forgot to bring my iphone charger and left it in my room. The day after I noticed my charger wasn't in my bag and recall about having forgeting it. So I called the hotel, and they said after asking for it they had found it. They even proposed to send it back to me at no charge. This is worthy to be mention. I was impressed of the willingness to help me in a very professionnal way. Thanks to the team!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Danthemannad
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Bonjour, on behalf of the General Manager and the entire team of the Hôtel Château Laurier Québec, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are a source of motivation for us, we will celebrate with the housekeeping team . We hope to see you soon. Johanne Caron, director of sales and markeitng.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Since it's close to the bars, expect a lot of noise at 3am if there's a bunch of young drunk kids coming back from the bars. Other than that, pretty good hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We value our guest's comments and appreciate finding out what our strong and weak points are, from your point of view. We are glad you appreciated our great location. We offer several rooms type and you may want to try different one next time. PLease come back . Johanne Caron director of sales and marketing.
montreal
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband booke dthis hotel for our anniveersary. We arrived at 12:30 and our room wasn't ready. Check-in is said to be at 4PM but with all my travels, I have very rarely gotten to my hotel and not have a room ready for my after noon. So we parked the car and did some visiting. The hotel is situated walking distance from Old Quebec and Grand Allée street, the most common tourist area to visit.
Our room was on the 3rd floor, very clean with all the basic amneties. The bed was very comfy unfortunately the walls and ceiling were very much on the paper thin side. We both jumped when our neighbor upstairs dropped and earring! it was so thin we even knew it was jewerly!

One thing this hotel offers since it only has a St-Hubert rotisserie annexed to it for food and drinks is electronic wine machines. You have about 6 choices of wine you can buy by glass wth a card you charge up at the front desk. Very handy.

We had breakfast the the St-Hubert connected to the hotel which was just ok. The cold food (pastries and fruit) were all fresh, the hot meal was less than ok (greasy bacon and sausage, very runny eggs), the cost was 9.95$/person for the cold and 13.95$ for the hot and cold buffet. Would go elsewhere.

The hotel offers a nice outdoor jacuzz and sea salt swimming pool whxih were both very clean.

All and all a nice experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bonjour, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your stay at the Hotel Chateau Laurier Quebec. It is certain that our unique location in the heart of the activities may be a little more frenetic at times. We certainly hope to welcome you again and please request a room facing the Plaines of Abraham next time it will be very quiet. Hope to see you soom. Johanne Caron director fo sales and marketing.
Bristol
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed in Chateau Laurier over the summer with 2 children aged 3 and 11. The welcome was first class from our arrival, check in to check out. The car was parked and returned promptly, the rooms we very comfortable, practical and perfectly cleaned. Breakfast was and excellent Canadian affair with some thing to please everyone!! The pool was a little cold and finding the hot tub a little tricky as it was situated in the courtyard!
The staf were very friendly and helpful and even proposed we changed room on our last night as we might be disturbed but a function that evening.
Location was ideal, just perfect for visiting the centre of Quebec. We were however rather disappointed by the Restaurant as the food din't match the quality of the hotel. However, the hotel is situated next to a street with many restaurants, café and bars and the hotel host a small food shop, so we didn't go hungry.
Would definately return and recommend this hotel to any one visiting Quebec!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from function rooms and over looking the park or courtyard
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Bonjour, we would like to take the time to thank you for reviewing the Hôtel Château Laurier Québec. We are always pleased when people share their experiences and opinions on our hotel.
Hope to welcome you again shortly, Johanne Caron, director of sales and marketing
Sutton, Canada
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This hotel is located walking distance to the National Assembly of québec and the old city. Ist historical history and building are reminiscent of Québec's past. However the hotel is very modern.

Room Tip: Ask for new part of the hotel, rooms are bigger...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed at the Chateau Laurier during the middle weekend of the Carnivale in a "European" size room. We found the room and bathroom to be very clean and in good condition. It was an ideal location for visiting the Carnivale and enjoying the events on Grand Allee (canoe race trials). Another benefit was the variety of restaurants adjacent to the hotel. We ate breakfast at the nearby Starbucks often and also tried St Hubert, La Vieille Maison du Spaghetti, Restaurant Asia and Cosmos Cafe. I was interested in the hotel's hot tub but was never able to locate it, even after asking staff. (Operator error?) We were traveling with another couple and wanted to play some cards and were directed to an unused suitable area near the north entrance. The rooms were too small for anything but sleeping and the bathroom was even more cramped. One could nearly rest their head on the sink while using the toilet! I would consider a larger room next time (I'm 6'6'' tall) but the per night charge was already eye-watering. Best to bundle up and stay outdoors enjoyng all this charming city has to offer.

Room Tip: The hotel rambles over a large part of the block so not sure what other rooms have to offer, but we...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Johanne C, Director of Sales at Hotel Chateau Laurier, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Bonjour, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We value our guest's observations and appreciate finding out what our strong and weak points are, from your point of view. It is unfortunate you could not experience the hot tub, it is always magical during a cold evening, and we hope you will find them during your next visit. Our location in the heart of Old Quebec, within reach of all activities is truly our claim to fame!
Johanne Caron, director of sales and marketing