“Nice and cheap”

Ranked #67 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Burlington, Canada
“Nice and cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

It has all the criteria and amenities you would look for a reasonably good hotel, yet for a surprisingly cheap price. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. It's located within 7min drive to Quebec City, and even closer to the falls.
I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ming H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We booked this place for convenience and I was dreading it a little, not being a fan of motels. However, upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised. The place was very clean and family-friendly. I just wish I had known that they had an indoor pool beforehand, because I would have brought my bathing suit for sure! I recommend this place if you need a reliable place to rest your head. Great deal!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MissGeorgiana
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

When having registered for this hotel, I mentioned that I needed a room for 2 adults and a 3 y.o. child. I got an e-mail confirmation of the price and conditions, but when checking in, I was told I had to pay extra for a child's mattress. I showed them the confirmation e-mail with all of the conditions, but they insisted on extra payment anyway. I refused since I had a mattress with me.

The room was a very-very small (like a prison cell) even for 2 people, so for 2 people with a child it was a disaster. There was no soap or anything else in the bathroom. Next morning I asked at the reception about the soap and they said okay, the soup would be in the bathroom. But when I came in the evening, there was no soap again. The garbage bin remained full and nobody cleaned it up.

Our neighbors next door woke up around 6 am and I could not sleep since then. I heard every singe word they talked to each other and every movement they made The walls were very thin and there were no noise isolation at all. Breakfast was a very cheap (the cheapest bread "No Name", milk, muffins, cereals and the juice). There was an on-site gym, but again the room was so small that to train there would be dangerous (I didn't see anyone there).

It was the cheapest hotel I found, but it would be much better to pay 20-30 dollars more for a better one. The only good thing was the hotel's location.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel ever.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank melifaro81

Travelers are raving about these Quebec City hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

4 of us took a road trip to Quebec city from Brampton. We booked a room for one night at le chateauguay. When we arrived at the motel hotel we were immediately greeted with friendly staff who accommodated us with excellent customer service. Hotel was very clean, bright and spacious with 3 beds in one room. Our breakfast at the hotel was excellent with a variety of choices. A special thank you to Charles for your wonderful hospitality. We appreciate your sincere kindness. From Maria, Marci, Loretta and Diane.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Godisamore
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

After viewing Motel Hotel Le Chateauguay on the internet we set fourth on our journey to Quebec City. We finally arrived and it was well worth the drive. We were greeted with friendly staff and the customer service was incredible. The room was very spacious, clean and bright with 3 beds...Pool and hotub was very clean and relaxing. Breakfast was wholesome with a selection of juices, coffee, tea, toast, cereals and muffins...Overall our experience was great! Again thankyou Charles for your unforgetable hospitality....We'll be back again...Maria, Marci, Loretta, Diane from Toronto

Room Tip: Be very specific
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maria G
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's a late check-in and arriving late from Montreal. Found this hotel motel, expecting the unexpected. The Motel is Quiet that night (t'was Sunday, July 2) we stay at room #3, it was clean, kind of spacious for us a couple and two kids (5 & 4) with two beds. Parking in front of your door, feeling safe. The Staff are friendly. The place is excellent, minutes in the falls and in the quebec city. Good price for the room with Breakfast. I recommend this for everybody. Sure we'll stay again when we go back Quebec City.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TAGURO
Sherbrooke, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Expected much more even for the price. Room was very small like a prison cell, so you can stay there only to wash yourself and sleep. They often accept large bunch of young tourists, so they were very noisy and litter trash everywhere. The carpet of our room was cleaned 2 hours ago and it was wet and humid, enough that we had to keep our shoes and lift luggages and they hadn't another room for us. Cleanlliness was very average, decoration was outdate. Internet acess isn't free and it's was very slow even if I paid for it.

Good things : Staff was very good, continental breakfast was also good, the location is perfect it's near chutes Montmorency and Québec city downtown, under 5 minutes of driving. They also have a nice swimming pool!

If I go back to Québec, I will try something else for sure. Maybe it was a kind of hazard falling just on us this night but It wasn't very funny.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple