“very noisy”

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Thé hôtel is very clean. The staff is really helpfull and nice. Very good price for the room and the breakfast. 10 mn from the old Québec!
I Will GO back!

Room Tip: Next Time i Will Take the queen bed because the standard one is to small
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nora L
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Reasonably located to Quebec City, Montmorency Falls & Ste Anne de Beaupre church. Bus stop to the city is a short walk. Room was clean & spacious enough with a table & two chairs, comfy bed & whirlpool bath. Since We were there for the Winter Carnival and it was cold We were worried about staying warm but the room was well heated. Eric at reception was kind enough to give Us coffee filters for the coffee machine in the room as We always travel with Our own blend of beans.

Downside: There was no shower to rinse after bathing. We booked our room via Cheaptickets and internet was supposed to be free however, after checking in We were told there would be a $5 internet charge per day (<24hr period!) when in fact the internet was advertised as included in the room rate (i.e. Free).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Duck-Nanni
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed in the hotel portion of the facility and the room was great. It was what I wanted for the price I paid. The room was clean and it had a shower attached to it as well as a lovely little table for two and a tiny room with a little toilet/sink inside. The hotel was a few minutes away from Quebec City and very close to many fast food joints (Cafe Greco/PFC/Couche Tard/St Huberts).

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was how the bill was handled. Upon checking in, I paid the bill and noticed something a little funky about the price. I know there was a 14% tax and a 3% tax on top of what I paid but I didn't attribute it to anything. I just wanted to rest after the long drive. I asked about the internet code and they told me it was $5 a night! I secured my reservation from priceline and knew internet was free. Good thing I printed out my reservation to show it or else I would have had to pay for internet. I asked for the invoice to be printed out and noticed I was being charged $20 for long distance phone use. I didn't realize I would be charged for this and asked for it to be removed. Both the receptionist and owner were very nice about it and insisted it was, but there was no change to my bill. Its a little upsetting especially because I checked up on this request twice and still no charge was taken off. It's very sketchy of them to do.

If not for this, I would have been happy to recommend this hotel to friends but I am would now be very hesitant to do so. It was the one bad thing about our stay in Quebec City.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Stephanie P
hotelchateauguay, Propriétaire at Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

First of all thank you for your comment, I want to specify that the internet is free at the reception desk, my Wi-Fi is actually $ 5 for 24 hours to your room and is well mention when you login, a window opens and explains well the connection costs. As against them you saw an error entry in a central reservation and it was confusing we would have paid without hesitation. However, if you become aware of this message n'ésitez contact us and we will gladly make the correction if necessary. Our goal is to satisfy our customers and ensure that they are well served, although it can occasionally get errors. Thank you for your understanding and wish you as our future customer.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel seemed nice enough overall. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. My little issues were these: I arrived at 10:30 or 11:00 p.m. and the check-in guy told me that I was lucky cause he was just about to leave. Does that mean I would've had a hard time check-in in later? I don't know but I had reservations and paid for my room from this website beforehand so... Also this hotel is about a 30 minutes drive to the airport and I had to be there at 8:30 a.m. The check-in guy told me they had a full continental breakfast starting at 8:00 a.m. I was surprised that it was so late and when I let him know that I would miss it because it was so late, he told me that they'd be open at 8:00 a.m. sharp and I could probably get something for the road! I was there at 7:57 a.m. and there was no-one to be seen around the breakfast area so I left... Overall, I would return there if I was just visiting the city with my family and I wasn't in a hurry to get going or just wanted to lounge around the pool for awhile.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Thsi hotel is a 5minute ride to "old quebuec city". We had a clean room modern room.The complimenary breakfast was nice. Parking is tight and location is adjacent the highway.We used the pool daily nad several restaurants are nearbye.Good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family