“Great Location”

Ranked #35 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
long island, new york
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed for a week in late Aug, early Sept. Found the staff to be very helpful, room had a nice view of the Parliament Building. Paid 67 dollars on Priceline, felt I got a very good deal. The restaurant is lacking, overpriced and just not very good. So many better options in the city of Quebec.
Enjoyed the pool area and sauna. The hallways need new carpet and the room was adequate.
The concierge booked my tours and the valet parkers were front and center with my car.
Overall, a very positive experience and would hope to book for that price or better again.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — hallways need an upgrade
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Myers FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

To start with- we booked our hotel on Hotwire, so we really did not pay that much. And boy was this hotel worth it.

Even though most hotels see a priceline or hotwire reservation they give you a substandard room, we presented our Hilton HHonors card at check-in and told them we were on our first anniversary and they gave us an upgrade to a large room on the 17th floor overlooking the Parliament and the Citadel. The views were amazing- we enjoyed waking up in the morning to the view.

The room was impeccably clean the entire stay of four days. The bathroom was immaculate. They also honored our Executive Club privledges and we had drinks and breakfast every day.

The staff was courteous and friendly. We did not try the restaraunt due to the amazing choices in Old Quebec, which is very convenient. Plus, this hotel is located close to the restaraunts on Grand Allee- definately try the Voodoo.

CONS: The valet was pricier than I expected- you can park directly across the street in the public garage for $8 less a night.

All in all- this was one of my favorite hotels. My wife and I both loved it.

• Liked — Location, View
  • Disliked — Valet cost
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank broadcast9
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed for a night on a trip though Quebec province and was very happy with the Hilton.

+ Separate sit-down check-in and briefing for HH platinum, as well as upgrade to executive room, which was plenty large and had a fabulous view (try to get a view of old town and the river, rather than the other side)

+ Surprisingly, the pool was great; it's outdoors on the third floor terrace and overlooks the city. It's open year-round, as it has a swim-in entry from inside

+ Great lounge; free drinks from 5-10PM (which is extraordinary as most Hiltons shut theirs at 7 or 8)

+ Fine location right outside the old city, 15-minute walk from the old port, 2 from the wall

- Parking is expensive and valets took a long time to retrieve vehicle

- Platinum welcome gift was pretty weak: two bottles of water

• Stayed August 2007
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2007

We were a little apprehenesive booking this hotel after reading some of the posted reviews but decided to give it a try. We just returned and I must say we were very pleased with our stay. The location is perfect, just a few minutes walk from the old town, parks and directly across from the parliament buldings. The view from our room was outstanding, over looking the old town and the St. Lawrence river on the 10th floor. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and well appointed. We did not eat at the hotel as there are numerous restaurant choices (seems like hundreds) within a 10-15 minute walk, many with outdoor seating. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, recommned the hotel, and highly recommned a visit to this beautiful and friendly city.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
new york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The hotel really didn't seem like anything special to me - and if booked through Hilton is relatively pricey (although I didn't have to pay for the business trip). The room I was in was on the 21st floor, with an amazing view of the city. I was also at the end of the hall, so there wasn't much noise. Otherwise, I'd say the room was just ok, not that impressive. Beds were pretty comfortable. My one complaint, and not just for this hotel, is that hotels with larger names charge so much for the internet. At least it was good for 24hrs, and wasn't from noon-noon (no matter when you sign up for it), like other hotels. I went to the pool once, and it was decent. There were a good number of chairs available (although some are sectioned off from the pool area for some reason). I would stay here again, only if I were on business and needed to go to the convention center across the street.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — somewhat mediocre
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank lcosette
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Quebec near all attractions. The facility is good. We had a two double beds room -fair but nothing outstanding. They apparently have only double-beds in two beds rooms (no Queen size). The pool is nice and open all year. All Hilton personnel were extremely courteous, willing to help.

• Liked — Very friendly staff
  • Disliked — No queen size beds in two-beds rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Canadian007
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2007

My wife and I had to end our Quebec vacation at the Chateau Frontenac and switch to business at the Hilton, which was my business conference hotel. Talk about night and day! At the Chateau Frontenac, the staff couldn’t do enough for me and, as a Presidential Club member, a room upgrade was waiting for me there when I checked in without asking. The Hilton was a different story. I am a member of the Hilton Honors program and I had to fight to get the room that I reserved. My wife and I had reserved a King, non-smoking room. However, when I arrived, I was told that I could either have two double beds or a king smoking room. The staff used no logic. They told me that all of the king, non-smoking rooms had been reserved for people coming later in the day. Yet when I pointed out that I reserved that room type and I was actually present, I should get the room type that I reserved. We argued and only when I told them that I was a guest of a conference group that had blocked and filled many rooms did they finally acquiesce and give me a king, non-smoking room. Needless to say, I was angry at being told there were no such rooms present, yet one opened up with enough arguing. Frankly, having to fight for what you have reserved turned me off to this very mediocre hotel. The room that I finally got was decent with a great view (compensation as they told me) and location was fine if you want to stay out of the walls. However, they had no care for guests and behavior was appalling. If the price is reasonable, stay at the Chateau Frontenac. You’ll be glad that you did.

• Liked — Room was nice
  • Disliked — Staff was unaccomodating; had to fight to get room type reserved
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business