“Expensive - small not very comfortable rooms”
Review of Hilton Quebec

Hilton Quebec
Ranked #34 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed November 14, 2008

The location is good right on Rene-Levesque, just outside the city walls. It is convenient for walking round the old city and attending events in the Convention centre which is attached to the hotel.

The room was small and not very comfortable for the price. The bathroom was clean but tired. You are obviously paying for location not the facilities. There were additional surcharges for using the telephone (even toll free numbers). Internet access was available but you have to pay extra. There was valet parking at a charge of $25/day, no free parking.

Check in/check out was easy and straightforward, lots of people working in the lobby to carry bags etc..

There was a restaurant but if you go down below the lobby into the convention centre, there was a reasonable foodcourt for a much cheaper and perfectly good breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank apq
Write a ReviewReviews (2,856)

Reviewed November 3, 2008

Great Location. Great Staff.... beautiful year round

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelerMontreal
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for three nights during "New France Festival" in August 2008.
The front desk people were very friendly. My room was on 7th floor with view to downtown. Room was pretty large for one person, with desk and king bed with white crispy bedsheets. I noticed that hotel was fully occupied, but my room was quiet and cleaned ontime.
Every morning I enjoyed complimentary Sauna room, Gym and outdoor heated swimming pool.
It was great refreshment to swim each morning before breakfast and stay energised for business meetings throughout the day.

Also. this hotel is walking distance to all major attractions of the city!

The New France Festival was amazing! I would recomend to all families with kids, especially teenagers!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank KiMAGIC
Reviewed September 23, 2008

My husband was booked for a conference in Quebec and asked me to join him over the weekend. We both arrived in the early evening of September 11th and were given a room on the 14th floor overlooking the old city. What a view!! Absolutely beautiful. Even though we do not speak French, we never encountered any problems with staff, whether it was the doorman, the front desk personnel or lounge staff. Everyone was very pleasant, helpful and professional. As I was only there for a few nights, we opted to go to restaurants in the old city rather than eating in our room so I cannot comment on room service or restaurants. The room itself was nicely decorated, the furniture appeared to be new and in good condition, as were the bed and window coverings. The room was also supplied with a coffee maker, blow dryer, fridge, etc., same things you'd expect in any good hotel, but the thing that made the room so special was the view. We left the curtains open and just enjoyed the early morning views or the lights late at night. Very charming. The weather wasn't the best, sort of rainy and drizzly but we just grabbed an umbrella and went walking. Tons of shops and restaurants within very close distance. Never had any difficulties with language while in the old city either, all shop keepers were very pleasant and helpful. I have nothing but good things to say about the entire experience. Would love to go back again and visit more places as we just did not get to enjoy enough of the beautiful city. Would we visit the Hilton again? Definitely!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank flaherma
Reviewed September 20, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton as part of a conference package and at the end wished I hadn't. I have stayed in a number of Hiltons in various countries and this was the worst, though I wouldn't say it was terrible in the rating just majorly disappointing to the point if I get back to Quebec I won't be staying there again.

At check-in the person I shared a taxi with was greeted by the receptionist as an old friend - "I've put you on the 18th floor with a view of the old city as you are staying for 8 days". I was staying for 8 days too but got a view of the swimming pool from the 5th floor. I was already a member of their Hilton Honors program whereas the other person had to sign up.

I booked in June and requested a King at the time but was told at check in that they only had double doubles available- apparently they can't allocate rooms when they are booked well in advance.

The bed was really comfortable but the floor in the bathroom could have been cleaned as it seemed to stick to your feet as you walked on it. The coffee maker was a safety hazard as at the end of the brew time it actually finished dispensing the water (now hot) by spitting out of the brew basket - if you were standing close or getting the mug out you got covered in hot water. Be really careful of the coffee maker. I asked for a new coffee maker and got one but it did it too.

The fully stocked mini-bar was in fact an empty fridge.

All local calls were $1 for connection with another charge for time over a minute - aren't local calls free in Canada? A definite scam by Hilton.

The business centre charged $30 an hour for the internet! Maybe the Quebec Hilton should talk to Manchester and London Heathrow (England) or Detroit Hiltons as none of them charge anything for access.

I saw on a previous review that people speaking English were not given good service but I spoke French and they all responded in English definitely not what I had wanted.

There was a note in the room saying that if you want to keep towels hang them up on the towel rail. Every time I did that they were replaced. The only time I was left with the towels was when I wrote a note saying to leave them and then it was only for the day I wrote the note.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Fia16
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in this hotel. I was on the 18th floor overlooking the old city and the St. Lawrence seaway. The staff were friendly and pleasant. The hors d'oeuvres served at the executive lounge were good.

If I visit Quebec City again, I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beadyMA
Reviewed September 7, 2008

My husband and I stayed for almost a week at the Hilton in Quebec city.

We opted to book a better class room which gave us acess to the executive lounge. It was the best desision we could ever make. We loved the ability (after a day of walking around) to just sit and relax with a glass or two of wine without worrying about a budget (some alcohol, canapes, and breakfast are covered in the lounge.

We loved everything about the hotel including how helpful the staff was when we were locked out of our lougage when we arived.

The view from our room was of all "Old" Quebec. At one point in time we were recommended to go to a restaurant (from a nother couple we met) because of the great view.... we declined an informed them that there could not be a better view then our hotel room.

I do wish that the rooms were more romantic and less business and it would have been nice to have a tub for two on our honeymoon.

Overall, we LOVED staying at the Hilton in Quebec City.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple