Hilton Quebec
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
  • Pool
Hotel du Capitole(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Acadia(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Maison du General(Quebec City)
2,949 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeold cityallegro restaurantgreat locationconvention centerparliament buildingoutdoor poolhigh floornational assemblyself parkingwithin walking distanceper dayplains of abrahamriver viewfloor rooman upgradechateau frontenac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Strike 1) In French I called the hotel directly to make a reservation and the man who answered the phone told me without even checking " sorry mam there's nothing available" and practically hanged up the phone on me. I called again but this time trough the "English" option that leads you to the general booking center (not the hotel) and in less than 3 minutes I booked a room on the date I wanted. I wondered why I was so rudely told by the hotel there was no availability when in fact there was plenty?!
Strike 2) When I arrived I wanted to park my car instead of using the valet parking. The valet explained that I had to go one block down the hill to the public parking. It seamed to me too far and complicated that I decided to use the valet parking service...I went down my car and handed him the keys. He ORDRED me to get back to my car and 'back it up'. There was a car behind me and the space was too narrow for me to manoeuver and like an idiot I am trying to do what it is the job of the valet parking!!!! The service is not called "guest does the half valet does the other half parking" I finally left and went to the public paring lot...No way I was paying for a service that I wasn't getting.
Strike 3) I finally got to my room only to discover a nasty smell coming from the bathroom... I went to reception and the woman at the front desk told me to: "close the door" so the smell doesn't come out... Seriously?! Then she offered to send someone to clean the bathroom so I asked if this person was just spraying some air freshener. Her face of probably said it all. I told her to forget about it and as I was walking away she raised her voice and sarcastically said: "well I am just trying to help you" Mind all the other guests lining up behind me. What a lack of tact and respect.

What's with the ATTITUDE?!!!! Do I have to be the bad one and give attitude first so that I avoid having people walking all over me?!

I went there during winter and the service was really good. The top floors are better but this time I was on the 6th floor. The room was old, smelly and very noisy. I heard the noise coming from the street and running water as if someone was showering during the entire night...

For $280 a nigh (no parking or breakfast included, just the room) I think I can find a lot better. Hilton hotels are in total decadence. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DanyThibault, General Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Good morning,

First and foremost, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience. I honestly appreciate your input and sincerely apologize for the poor service you encountered from our staff. I find this behavior to be inappropriate. It does not reflect our level of service. In fact, I would definitely appreciate if you could give me more details of your check-in experience (time & date, etc...) I would use it as part of our ongoing service training. Our goal is to make every guest feel valued and welcome. Usually, guests feel that our team members are genuinely warm and caring. I deeply regret that this was not your case. I will personally follow up with our team members regarding the attitude problem you speak of.

I am hoping that you will return to our beautiful city eventually. If this is the case, please contact me directly and I will personally take care of making your reservations.

Dany Thibault
(dany.thibault@hilton.com)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great location - across the street from Parliament, easy walk to Battlefields Park and the old city. Service was excellent, though the concierge seemed a bit frazzled - it was a festival and they were dealing with lots of bus tours. Room was very nice, but needed a little TLC (broken curtain rod, peeling ceiling near window) but nothing that detracted from the appearance and function of the room - great mattress too.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to the deluxe room - they're on a corner and we had panoramic views of the river, old city, and parliament.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last week with my family of 4. We had a king suite on the 21st floor with incredible views over the old city. The hotel nicely offered to bring in a twin bed for one of my teenage daughters and the other slept on the pullout sofa. They adored looking out onto the city and the suite and view was really a highlight of the trip. We had plenty of room to spread out. The bathroom had a sink both inside the large bathroom as well as just outside it. Perfect for a family. The towels were plush and the room very clean.

We found all the hotel staff to be very friendly. Upon arrival we chose the valet parking since we didn't want to deal with finding the garage which was around the block. I speak French, but had to switch to English for certain conversations that challenged my French vocabulary. The staff didn't seem to mind. The kitchen is under renovation, but we still enjoyed the breakfast buffet despite the noise. The selections were vast and I even spotted salad. How nice is that if one isn't into breakfast foods. One evening we ordered room service. Although the prices are a bit high, the portions were good and they offer a discount for children's meals if the child is under age 12.

My daughters loved the heated pool on the 3rd floor. The views from there are quite nice also. If you are a Gold member, check out the awesome executive lounge. The appetizers there are quite nice and my husband and I visited it each evening. Children under age 18 are not allowed.

Overall, we had a great stay here and I would recommend it to anyone. If you can afford it, splurge for a room on a high floor. We also loved the location near the old city.

Room Tip: Splurge for a room or suite on a high floor!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel in conveniently located to the Old Quebec walled city. Easy to walk to. We had a great view of the river and old city form our room. Check in was very easy and Justin at the from desk was great answering our quesionts and giving us recommendations on restaurants in Old Quebec. Only meal we ate at the hotle was the breaakfast buffet and was good and always had a variety and plenty of food out. We would defintely stary here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Perfect location across the street from the National Assembly of Quebec and Tourny Fountain and only steps away from several gates leading into the old city’s upper town.

The room was bright, modern and very clean. While not a large room, it was plenty big enough for two persons. I would caution that we did not receive the room we had booked on the Hilton web site with a “panoramic view of St-Lawrence river and the Old Quebec City area.” But, arriving at 1:00 AM after a full day of flight delays and cancelled flights, we were happy to just have a bed, even if on the non-scenic side of the building.

The staff at the Hilton were exceptionally friendly and helpful in making suggestions for each day’s itinerary. And more impressively, they always followed up the next day to make sure that we had been pleased with their recommendations.

Overall, a very good stay in a great location.

Room Tip: Make sure that you request a room with a view of the old city and the St. Lawrence, otherwise you have just a generic city view.