This hotel is very nice with friendly staff. It is very well situated: adjacent to Parliament and Old Town. Most, if not all, of the rooms have a decent view. The hotel plan is essentially triangular with one side facing east toward Old Town and its iconic wall, another facing south toward the Quebec Parliament building and the Plains of Abraham beyond, and the “Laurentian View” side that overlooks the city to the north and west stretching to the Laurentian foothills in the distance. The Saint Lawrence Seaway can be seen on the higher floors of either the Old Town or Parliament sides.
The bar is open late with a limited food menu for late arrivals or guests seeking a midnight snack. The breakfast buffet is top notch. The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful, as was the concierge. Actually, the staff at this hotel were among the best of any hotel at which I’ve stayed.
There were a couple of downsides though. First, the windows needed washing. Some of the pictures I took through the window were pretty much unusable due to the dirt. Second, and most annoyingly, sound travels freely between rooms with connecting doors. We were awakened early in the morning by people talking in the next room. They weren’t talking loudly, but the sound travels so freely between the rooms, they might as well have been in the same room. The hotel should invest in better doors with gaskets to block the noise.
Overall, this is a very good hotel. I’ve stayed here twice and I would stay here again, but would request a room without connecting doors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Offering Free WiFi!Choose the Hilton Quebec and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotels is just a 20-minute drive to Quebec International Airport and five minutes from the train and bus stations. Located steps from the cities top attractions and festivals. Close to the city's government and business attractions. Visit the Old Town to take in Quebec's culture and historical significance. Retire to a spacious guest room with free WiFi with gorgeous views of the St. Lawrence River and Old Quebec. Executive rooms provide exclusive access to the stunning Executive Lounge with complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the evening. Work out in our modern fitness center, swim laps in the heated outdoor pool or enjoy a meal at the Allegro Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City