I've stayed in plenty of Hilton hotels over the years - in fact, this visit is largely supported by Hilton points. In terms of the facilities, it's no better or worse than what you'd expect in a Hilton. I'm with my family, so we haven't eaten in the hotel (room service or otherwise). We used the pool. which is small, but still fun when there's snow on the ground. The room is clean and in generally good shape - the sheets and pillows are in uniformally excellent shape though the fridge in our suite-kitchen looks like it feel down the stairs. The view of the old city is excellent.
But why a review? Because upon arriving on Thursday night, we were greated by two of the most helpful and friendly hotel staff I've ever met. The woman who checked us in (Tara) gave me two sets of room keys and allowed us to go upstairs, by ourselves, and pick the room we preferred to stay in [smart move - besides prompting this review, we upgraded our room]. The valet, whose name I didn't get, was incredibly helpful. In fact, when we were leaving for breakfast the next morning, we ran into him on the street and he directed us to an excellent little place we would have never found. On his own time. They did other things as well, all of which were unrequested.
I travel a lot and it's easy to get jaded about many aspects of going to new places, whether it's central NJ or Quebec City. But that kind of friendly, helpful service really sticks out and I commend them for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City