Stayed at this hotel for a week-long international conference at the end of October 2012. I requested a higher floor and was put on the 14th of 22...not bad given the occupancy was almost 100% due to the conference.
The hotel is as plain as any other Hilton, but not bad. The decor was tastily done, the bar counter area is a bit small but the seated area is larger. There was nothing special about the restaurant food, which was included in my package but at the same time, it was sufficient. Boring after a week, but sufficient.
On arriving, I got there after 10pm and this being my first time to Quebec and having been up since 5:30am, I didn't feel like exploring so I went to the bar and had a cold sandwich and a perrier water. The bill came up to almost 20 bucks!
I guess if you have travelled to Quebec or live there you're probably at peace with the fact that the cost of living is sky high, but to me it was a shocker - the prices were a bit worse than London in some cases/places!
The saving grace for me was that the hotel had a gym and a really nice heated pool. Oh, and the view....from my room one could see the entire City! The view from the terrace outside the gym on the 3rd floor was just as spectacular in the morning as the sun starts to rise. The hotel was atop a hill so that explained the fantastic panoramic view from the 3rd floor.
The staff are quite friendly, very efficient and they speak both French and English which was great since my French is very basic conversational at best.
On checkout there was a mistake with my bill as they charged me double for the last night, for some inexplicable reason, but the lady at reception sorted it out within a few minutes. Their holding charges are high though.
I would love to visit the city of Quebec on my own time to sight-see and maybe shop, but if I don't win the lottery it will have to be one of those retirement plans along with all the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star getaway in the heart of all major events! Choose the Hilton Quebec City and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotel is just a 20-minute drive from the airport and five minutes from the train station. Located on Parliament Hill, just steps from Old Quebec and the main tourist attractions, the Hilton Québec is renowned for its impeccable service and exceptional location. Each of the 571 rooms offers spectacular views of the city. Executive rooms offer exclusive access to the superb Executive Lounge including complimentary continental breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres and non-alcoholic beverages in the evening. With the heated outdoor swimming pool open all year round, the 24-hour fitness center, the Allegro restaurant and bar or the buffet of local products with panoramic views at Resto Le23, Hilton Québec has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City