Stayed at this hotel for a week-long international conference at the end of October 2012. I requested a higher floor and was put on the 14th of 22...not bad given the occupancy was almost 100% due to the conference.
The hotel is as plain as any other Hilton, but not bad. The decor was tastily done, the bar counter area is a bit small but the seated area is larger. There was nothing special about the restaurant food, which was included in my package but at the same time, it was sufficient. Boring after a week, but sufficient.
On arriving, I got there after 10pm and this being my first time to Quebec and having been up since 5:30am, I didn't feel like exploring so I went to the bar and had a cold sandwich and a perrier water. The bill came up to almost 20 bucks!
I guess if you have travelled to Quebec or live there you're probably at peace with the fact that the cost of living is sky high, but to me it was a shocker - the prices were a bit worse than London in some cases/places!
The saving grace for me was that the hotel had a gym and a really nice heated pool. Oh, and the view....from my room one could see the entire City! The view from the terrace outside the gym on the 3rd floor was just as spectacular in the morning as the sun starts to rise. The hotel was atop a hill so that explained the fantastic panoramic view from the 3rd floor.
The staff are quite friendly, very efficient and they speak both French and English which was great since my French is very basic conversational at best.
On checkout there was a mistake with my bill as they charged me double for the last night, for some inexplicable reason, but the lady at reception sorted it out within a few minutes. Their holding charges are high though.
I would love to visit the city of Quebec on my own time to sight-see and maybe shop, but if I don't win the lottery it will have to be one of those retirement plans along with all the others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now Offering Free WiFi!Choose the Hilton Quebec and explore the charm of Canada's oldest city. The hotels is just a 20-minute drive to Quebec International Airport and five minutes from the train and bus stations. Located steps from the cities top attractions and festivals. Close to the city's government and business attractions. Visit the Old Town to take in Quebec's culture and historical significance. Retire to a spacious guest room with free WiFi with gorgeous views of the St. Lawrence River and Old Quebec. Executive rooms provide exclusive access to the stunning Executive Lounge with complimentary continental breakfast in the morning and hors d'oeuvres and drinks in the evening. Work out in our modern fitness center, swim laps in the heated outdoor pool or enjoy a meal at the Allegro Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec City
- Hilton Hotel Quebec City
- Hilton Quebec Quebec City