“Surprisingly great!!”
Review of Hilton Quebec

Hilton Quebec
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Saw a very good rate at this Hilton so I booked it but was concerned that with so many great boutique hotels in QC, was I making a mistake. We were VERY pleased with the service, the room, and the location. First, the staff is very accommodating for US visitors who only speak a few words of French. Unlike the country of France, these folks are nice and willing to help (in the Hilton and throughout the city).

Now about the room....absolutely pay the extra and get a river view, preferably up high. You will never want to leave the room since the view both day and night is spectacular. The room was clean, airy, large and ,a pet peeve of mine, the thermostat worked accurately!!

I was also quite pleased with the location. You are no more than 10 minutes in any direction to the Farnicular (tram to the lower town), St Roch, Plains of Abraham, etc.

We would readily stay here again.

Room Tip: River view up high a must!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,897)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We were lucky, our room had a fantastic view! The executive lounge has an even better view. They serve a buffet lunch up there. It is pricey, but it ends up the same price range as if you ate in the downstairs restaurant. We are diamond and had breakfast in the lounge in the a.m. A couple of times had wine and very nice canapes, etc in the early evening. Everything we ate was tasty. Staff was friendly. Location was wonderful for sightseeing. There is a ecol-bus that takes you around the old city across the street. Parliament is also close. We had a wonderful time! Asked for one hypoallergenic pillow. They provided more than one. They have oversized bath towels. Wonderful stay!

Room Tip: You don't need a parliament view. Ask for a harbor, old city view. Make sure you register in H...
1  Thank Allie-May
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A pretty standard Hilton, good service and decent rooms that could use a facelift. The hotel is in a great location right near the citadel, old town, and restaurant strip on Le Grand Allee. The hotel is massive, connected to a conference centre, and the lobby is nearly constantly overrun with tour groups.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

So this a full service Hilton - and a great one at that. The rooms were very clean, check in was fast and easy. They allowed us to check our bags early and use the swimming pool. The valet was polite, English speaking and fast. Room service was fast and had great options. We were lucky enough to go to the concierge level - beautiful full size connecting rooms (we were there with our daughters) - sadly, you must be 18 in order to go into the concierge lounge. I guess this is great for people who don't want kids around but because they serve alcohol that is the rule. Amazing view of historic Quebec city from most rooms. Easy walking distance to everything you would want to do - don't forget to go the neighborhoods behind the hotel, great local restaurants and shops - away from all the tourist traps of the older part. The old city is amazing but it is crowded with t-shirt shops, tourist trap and has a mix of very good to very bad restaurants.

Room Tip: The higher the better - not all rooms look over the old city, so ask.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife had a convention at the conference center on the property for 4 days so I tagged along so I could experience Quebec City. The Hilton is located so close to everything important to see in the area. The concierge was fantastic giving me lots of information and tips as was the front desk. The room view over the Legislature was amazing! My only negative issues are that for the expensive price of the room there is no fridge in it. Even cheap motels often offer a small bar fridge so why not at this property? Also, there was evidence of mold in the shower grout and I don't think the carpets got vacuumed once in 5 days. The same debris was by the door our whole time there. Not enough to say I would not go back but I must be honest in my review. WIFI only available in the lobby but in our 3rd floor room I did get a signal on my Playbook at times. The Hilton is very nice and I will be back and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Genevieve G, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Good morning.

Thank you for your comments! I think they are very helpful. I can understand your disappointement on not having a fridge in your room. There is a reason for this. At the Hilton Quebec, we are trying to go green as much as possible. We noticed that having almost 600 fridges (one in every room) takes up a lot of energy and a lot of guests don't use them. Therefore, the fridges are available upon request. We can have one delivered to your room at any time during you stay.

As for the cleanliness of the room, that is a more serious issue. I would like to know more details about this in order for housekeeping to do the proper follow up with the concerned staff members. If you could send me more information, I would greatly appreciate. (genevieve.girard@hilton.com)

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall.

Thanks again,

Genevieve.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a nice property with a great location that is convenient to the old city and has to have the best view in town. The view out of our room has to rank amongst the most spectacular views I've ever experienced from a hotel room and I've been to many beautiful places. This is a big hotel that serves both tourists and business travelers equally well. I suspect it was built in the 70's or 80's but has been updated and is well maintained. You feel like you are in a pretty big slick place. On the day we were there, it was not too expensive, but I suspect their rates vary greatly depending upon demand.

Room Tip: You definitely want a room facing the old city and the river.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were only staying for one night. We were greeted with a smile, the staff was very courteous and friendly. They gave us a room with a view overlooking the old city and suggest that we added the breakfast to benefit from one of the best panoramic view in town. Their dinning room is on the highest floor of the hotel and offer a spectacular view of the St Lawrence river, the old port and the Parliament. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable.The hotel is very well located, walkable distance to old city, the Parliament and Citadel. Its ideal if you are planning on partying at night, you don't need to take the car out and drive.Our stay was just perfect and we will definitely stay there again the next time we are in Quebec city.

Room Tip: Highest floor facing the old city have the best view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple