I stayed for 3 nights in this hotel for a good price of 99 dollars plus tax. I traveled by train from Toronto and it was nice and easy. Scenery beautiful and the train station close to the hotel. It's right at the centre of things, Rue Grand Allee, restaurants everywhere. The hotel offers you continental breakfast for 7 dollars a person but no need, Cosmos Cafe just 2 doors to the left offers incredible breakfasts and service for just a little bit more. And the coffee conaisseur that I am, that was wonderful as well. They just kept filling my cup over and over! Dinner to the right of the hotel at the opposite corner, Le Grand Cafe, pasta was very good. Rivoli Bistro right next door to the left also very good, but a little expensive. Quebec City is known for the food so indulge!
The old city just down the street, lots of walking involved, take your running shoes, up and down hills. Parliament buildings right there as well as the Frontenac right behind. I did not find any reason to take bus tours etc. Everything was right there.
Hotel itself was charming and cute, front desk was ever so polite and helpful. The room was painted an orange/red/gray so kind of Parisian. The bathroom big and clean, lots of room! Free internet service was handy. They spoke excellent English. I think it was an old bachelor apartment building turned hotel.
Others as well reverted to English. It was nice to hear French all around me though as it gave me the chance to brush up on my own. And Quebec City residents wonderful people!
Quebec City was beautiful, and the Chateau Grand Allee a nice temporary home. I will post pictures soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites is built in a patrimonial Victorian building and combines historic charm with modern comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Grande-Allee Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Grande Allee
- Le Grande-Allee Hotel And Suites Quebec/Quebec City