“Chateau Grand Allee a nice hotel”

Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites
Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed September 10, 2007

I stayed for 3 nights in this hotel for a good price of 99 dollars plus tax. I traveled by train from Toronto and it was nice and easy. Scenery beautiful and the train station close to the hotel. It's right at the centre of things, Rue Grand Allee, restaurants everywhere. The hotel offers you continental breakfast for 7 dollars a person but no need, Cosmos Cafe just 2 doors to the left offers incredible breakfasts and service for just a little bit more. And the coffee conaisseur that I am, that was wonderful as well. They just kept filling my cup over and over! Dinner to the right of the hotel at the opposite corner, Le Grand Cafe, pasta was very good. Rivoli Bistro right next door to the left also very good, but a little expensive. Quebec City is known for the food so indulge!

The old city just down the street, lots of walking involved, take your running shoes, up and down hills. Parliament buildings right there as well as the Frontenac right behind. I did not find any reason to take bus tours etc. Everything was right there.

Hotel itself was charming and cute, front desk was ever so polite and helpful. The room was painted an orange/red/gray so kind of Parisian. The bathroom big and clean, lots of room! Free internet service was handy. They spoke excellent English. I think it was an old bachelor apartment building turned hotel.

Others as well reverted to English. It was nice to hear French all around me though as it gave me the chance to brush up on my own. And Quebec City residents wonderful people!

Quebec City was beautiful, and the Chateau Grand Allee a nice temporary home. I will post pictures soon.

Debby/Toronto

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Debby/Toronto

Reviewed July 5, 2007

A pretty hotel in a great location, on a beautiful street, in walking
distance to the Old Town. Very clean. Parking in back, reasonable charge. Very helpful staff. Lots of restaurants nearby and the desk has a book with restaurants by type, including a section of bring your own wine restaurants. The breakfast is not great. For breakfast,
walk to the outdoor/indoor crepe restaurant on Rue St-Louis, which is
a continuation of Rue Grande Allee, walking toward the Old Town (on the right side of the street). The crepes are fantastic, as are all breakfast choices.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Cjwirth
Reviewed August 28, 2005

we are a couple in our 20s from the UK, we found our stay at this hotel more than pleasing. we chose the economy room at £99 dolars plus taxes, buy uk standards it was excellent for the money, a tidy clean room with a good en-suite. but the best bit was the location! the hotel backs right on to the battlefields park, and the front opens up onto Grand Alle Est. Giving you direct access to great restuarants, bars and night life. great hotel! PS would recommend Caza Calzone restuaurant!!! (2/3 doors down from hotel.

• Stayed: August 2005
8  Thank CharlieDogUk
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 1, 2005

I must say that my stay did not get off to a great start by any means. I was there with a tour group going to Ste-Anne and when we first arrived most of us were disappointed that there were no elevators (most in the group were well into their 60s). Secondly, the person at the front desk did not mention to me that there were 2 sections to the hotel so I wasted 20 minutes trying to find my room only to be informed afterwards that I was looking for it in the wrong wing. Arghh! Anyway, after getting past this hurdle, I found the rooms to be small, yes, but very clean and I had quite a nice bathroom. Well insulated against noise. Everyone in the tour group liked the continental breakfast very much. You are just steps away from the old city (literally a 20-minute walk - and a pleasant one at that). Many restaurants just outside the hotel - and I highly recommend the "Table d'Hote" at all restaurants. It's the best deal for the money. Just ask for it at any restaurant. Front desk staff arranged for my wake-up call and were quite accomodating all around. It was a pleasant time.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ancaster, ON
Reviewed June 20, 2004

I stayed with a group from school, and each room was very unique, and had a different style. They ranged from Victorian, to Modern

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mumbai, India
Reviewed June 5, 2004

i was most displeased with the hotel. it stank of pee and was not at all nice. i was very unsastified with the hotel staff...one spit on me. as for my room i am fairly sure there was moss developing on the underside of my bed.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Reviewed March 10, 2003

This Inn is nestled in a row of ornate stone buildings just outside the gates of Old Quebec-very convenient and you can forget your car as you can walk everywhere. Rooms were average in size with minimalist furnishing decor. Great 12 foot ceilings-huge bath and charming ambiance. Continental breakfast was dreadful-not worth the $5.00. Staff very friendly, helpful and all spoke English as well as French. Reasonable rates. I would consider it again.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member