“Loved this little hotel, amazing location too!”

Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites
Ranked #71 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Loved this little hotel, amazing location too!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I don't know why some of the reviews are so bad, I would really not listen to them though. My boyfriend and I went to quebec city for Canada day last year and I would definitely recommend that time. The streets are so lively and full of people, lots of things to see, and fortunately the weather was great.

We pulled up outside and the hotel looks so cute. It's on Grand-Allee, I very fun packed street. Lots of restaurants. We ate at savannis which is just a 2 min walk, also right across the street. Definitely recommend eating there. You can check out my review for them for more info. The plains of abraham are just around the corner, behind the hotel almost. For Canada day they have fireworks. You just need to walk to the end of the block to watch them, you can lay in the grass. Old Quebec is just a 15 minute walk and lots to see. Location is perfect.

We got a "" room, which was probably more then what we needed. Was a be room, living area, bed room, and bathroom. However, the bed was too close to the door though so if anyone went by outside the room you heard, but it was a pretty quite hotel. Maybe we got lucky and the other guests were quite. Like I said it's a very lively street so there was a lot going on outside at night. It bothered my boyfriend , he said he barely slept. I can sleep through everything so I was good. If you want a quieter room ask for one that is not facing the street. A really cute little place. They dont have an elevator so if you are on the 3rd floor be prepared to carry your stuff. We didnt mind, just had to make a few trips. The staff was nice.

Room Tip: If you do not want the noise from the busy street, ask for a room in the back (that is not facing th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KimBalaya897
FBergeron-Ouellet, General Manager at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ottawa
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Le Grande-Allee Hotel was a great place to stay. I arrived at 1pm, and even though check-in wasn't until 4pm, my room was ready. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming. I stayed in the "Signature on Grand Allee" room. It had a huge spa tub, a little espresso machine, a fireplace, a fridge, a microwave, and all the other standard things you'd expect. Breakfast and internet were included. The breakfast wasn't anything fancy, but it was perfectly satisfactory. The location of the hotel was also excellent - walking distance to all of the main downtown attractions. Also, if you are attending an event at the Convention Centre, this is a perfect place to stay - less than a 10 minute walk.

The room I was in was overlooking a somewhat busy street, and there was some noise during the night (music from a bar/club and people on the street), but it didn't disturb my sleep.

It felt a bit like a B & B, but with all of the privacy and comfort of a hotel. I'd highly recommend staying there, although I think having one of the 'nicer' rooms really makes the difference.

Room Tip: The "Signature on Grande Allee" is worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FBergeron-Ouellet, General Manager at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear guest,
We're pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We're happy that our hotel has met your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel. We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next visit!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Clean rooms... a little small (a double bed), clean bathroom. Location was unbeatable, and most hotels in the area are fairly expensive. So this felt like a good bargain. Stayed two nights here, and the breakfast (included) was very good.
Watch out: The entrance is just a few steps and the board is very small. So we drove around a few times before we found it. So keep your eyes open once you enter old Quebec and its next to a McDonalds which is more clearly seen.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SKLovesToTravel
Kuujjuarapik, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall we had a good experience at the hotel. The price was right that's for sure! We had the 2 bed bedroom - which was right on the stairs so if it wasn't for the young drunk women partying hard that weekend it would have been perfect. Overall we slept well. The breakfast was a buffet with eggs/bacon/bagels, etc. The hotel is walking distance to every major tourist attraction in Quebec City - we walked everywhere - it was great. No issue with staff either.

If you like a quiet area to have a hotel - this is not the place, but if you just want a place to crash after a full day of sightseeing and shopping - I'd recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get room 2016 - it's right on the main stairs. Avoid.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
FBergeron-Ouellet, General Manager at Le Grande-Allee Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear guest,
We're pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We're happy that our hotel has met your expectations. We work hard to give an excellent service to our guests. We're sorry to read that your sleep was disturbed by someone and we would recommend telling us next time so we can fix this problem as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel. We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next visit!
Montréal, Qc
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hotels pretty much look and feel the same, basically. What makes a good hotel is a comfortable bed in a nice room, clean bathroom, and I'd add Internet access and, sometimes, even a little gym. Once you have that, you're... OK.

What makes a GREAT hotel, though, is the quality of its service. It's when you feel hotel staff and managers are working for you, not for them. That they're trying to make your life easier by helping to solve your problems, not trying to make their lives easier by telling you to talk to someone else about your problem because they're not the ones with the ability or authority to solve it.

Well, this hotel is of the first kind. Clean, nice-looking rooms, hardwood floors, brick walls, and everything. You feel you're in Old Quebec, here.

However, the very first minute we set foot here, it started badly. We'd booked on Booking.com and, after booking, I visited the hotel website which was announcing the same price I'd paid on that other booking site. The hotel website read that all room prices included breakfast.

Now, note that I could have cancelled my Booking.com reservation and re-booked directly on the site as my booking allowed this. But I did not since it was the same price and, I assumed, the same conditions.

When we checked in, the receptionist -- Ms. Johanne -- announced that, since we'd made our reservation through Booking.com, breakfast was not included. I recited what I wrote above. Her response was: Call Booking.com, and/or talk to the manager tomorrow.

I don't really care about breakfast. But I do care about a level of service that has Me/We in mind, first and foremost. Giving us free breakfast would have cost nothing, really. It would have saved 5 minutes of our time. It would have made us come back to this hotel -- we travel to this city 6-10 times a year -- and possibly it would have also saved me from having to write a bad review.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. You have to know that the service is very important to us and we took necessary measure to eliminate this kind of situation. Looking forward to welcome you again during a next visit!
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed January 5, 2013

stayed for 2 nights. rooms look very nice, with high ceilings, nice bathroom. not very pricey. breakfast and wifi included. however, room kept smelling like backup toilet every time we would get back from outside, plumbing sucks, water pressure changes while showering, cant flush the toilet while showering or you'll get 3rd degree burns. room has what is the most pathetic excuse for a tv (15 inch made in albania probably). if you are gonna do a lot of site seeing, go for it as it is cheap and you will not be there a lot

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ogi S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here over the holidays and enjoyed it. The price was about the best for being near the old city and it's well located. The rooms are small but clean and nicely appointed. Mine was at the back and quiet. The staff are also pleasant and helpful and basically bilingual, although you'll find that english becomes scarcer the farther you get from Montreal, but hey, it's a French province so it's a good opportunity to try out your language skills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo