“I fell in love with the Ice Hotel!”
Review of Hotel de Glace

Hotel de Glace
Ranked #39 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Tampa, Florida
“I fell in love with the Ice Hotel!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I went to the Hotel de Glace many years ago - before Trip Advisor even existed. The place was so magical and wonderful that I always talk about it and I think that people should know how amazing it is. I mean a hotel made of Ice must be cold right? Wrong! It's one of the warmest places I've ever been. The incredible architecture and design, the rooms, the warmest/most comfortable bed I've slept in, great service, fun activities and all around once in a lifetime experience. You will not be disappointed...go there as soon as you can!

Room Tip: All of the rooms were pretty spacious so you can't go wrong. Storage can be tight if you're...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
13 Thank Missmeliss972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I don't have enough words to express my feeling about hotel de Glace , amazing is not enough but absolutely incredible ! the design it self is gorgeous , you can't be in north America and never visit the Ice Hotel !!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Edd S
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We headed here for a night on ice in February 2014 and what a truly incredible experience. The ice hotel is magical. We arrived in the late afternoon about an hour before it closed down to day guests. It was perfect timing. We were able to check in, get settled, take a peak around and make it back for the briefing. The briefing was very good letting you know what to expect, answering all your questions and concerns and easing any uncertainties we had. The staff was great and were easily accessible if you had any questions or concerns. Being here after regular day hours is what makes this extra special as you really feel like you have the place to yourself. We wondered around taking lots of pictures and exploring. Our favorite was the ice slide they had! We decided to go off site for dinner for more choice. When we came back they had an ice carving activity we participated in that was a lot of fun. We headed to the ice bar later in the evening for our drink and to mix and mingle. We took advantage of the hot tubs right before bed as they suggested to get your body temperature up, it was nice and relaxing although I think I would have been fine even without. We both slept great through the night, I am a very cold person and was completely fine and slept great! I wore long johns, socks and a long sleeve dry fit shirt to bed and was completely comfortable, anything more and I would have been too warm. Your sleeping bag comes with light weight sheet to use on your face and that you can even put over your face that pulls the moisture and keeps your face warm. It was perfect, and easy to still breath. The morning is the worst as you are in this warm little cocoon and have to get out into the cold! We hurried into the warm area though and all was good. As everyone has mentioned the breakfast leaves much to be desired but you're not here for the food so I guess know going in the breakfast sucks and you won't be disappointed. This by far is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I think everyone shod go once. I don't think it's worth it's regular rate, we got ours on a groupon and I have seen them over the years on groupon several times so if you're wanting to go I would probably watch for one to come up.

Stayed July 2014
13 Thank Amy M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2014

On my bucket list for a few years and finally did it.
As other's have said, do not expect 5 star amenities, after-all the main purpose is to experience sleeping in a place built completely out of ice....
Great experience and friendly staff!
For people that are wondering, you are basically sleeping on a bed made out of ice, on top of that there will be a wooden base, and then mattress, and then some fur skin, and on top of that you will be sleeping in your North Face Artic Sleeping Bag. Your whole body is pretty warm except your face that is exposed to the air, I brought a scarf to cover my face.
I suggest looking for the promotions that they do on their site or even on Groupon.
and.... definitely do the tubing outdoor slide! That was a lotta fun!

Room Tip: You do not have to go for the themed rooms as you can see them during the tour when you check in.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank tarepanday
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I went here for my 25th birthday and it was an amazing and unforgettable trip. If you're looking to do something out of this world that is still close to home and somewhat affordable, this is a trip you have to take.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nadia S
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I wanted to stay here for years and we are so glad we made the decision to finally do it! We got there while it was open to the public and got to go on a tour and see the chapel being assembled (we were there in early January so it wasn't quite finished yet). After a tour and a few drinks at the bar (in ice glasses of course) we had an information session about sleeping in the ice hotel. The sleeping bags are surprisingly comfy and easy to sleep in. They also have a few hot tubs and a sauna outside to enjoy during the night. After everything died down we went to bed and I honestly had the best night of sleep in my entire life...9 straight hours and I didn't wake up once. We loved it and would totally recommended it for the adventurous at heart!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Nicole C
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed there for 1 night with my boyfriend and we had a blast. We were cold but comfortable since we followed instructions (how to dress warmly) emailed to us by the hotel after we booked our trip thru Groupon. Come early since they give you a tour of the entire hotel. We slept in north face mummy sleeping bags which were so warm and comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple