Hotel de Glace
$136
$117
  • Pool
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$81
$127
$101
  • Pool
Super 8 Quebec City(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
$90
$85
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$110
$90
  • Restaurant
Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
$118
$109
$110
$89
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
$106
$93
  • Pool
All reviewssleeping bagice slideice hotelonce in a lifetimeice sculpturesbucket listovernight guestsstay warmhot tubthemed roomslong underwearsnow tubingice roomtheme suitetraining sessionwedding chapelbody temperature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2014

What an amazing place. We went in January when it was still being built. Defiantly worth experiencing once in your life. We went to the bar had our drinks but then it was so cold went to bed. We went to the pavilion first though to warm up and drink some hot chocolate before dashing back to our suite. This is not for everybody, it is COLD. however once we were in our bags it was surprisingly easy to sleep and it was a good sleep. Certainly something to do once, just to say to your friends , oh yeah done that ,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlbalTrvl
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This place is amazing. Ok, everybody uses that word but this hotel really is amazing. It's made out of snow and ice. The snow walls, roof and floor are 3 feet thick. The carvings and theme rooms are beautifully decorated. All the furniture is made of crystal clear ice and illuminated from behind giving you that cozy, igloo, nest-like feeling. Each bed has a 6 inch thick mattress and you'll stay warm and toasty in your sleeping bag. On the down side, the washrooms are far from your bedroom and having to get up in the night to pee might be a problem because it is COLD inside the hotel. You will be given sleeping bags and getting layered up in thermals and hoodies is suggested to keep you warm all night long. There are showers, hot tub and a sauna. The breakfast is served at a cantina-style restaurant onsite but it is not great. However the whole experience of staying in the Ice Hotel is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and really cool (no kidding) if you with family or as a honeymoon couple.

Room Tip: If you're not a party animal and want to retire early, get a room far away from the bar/disco which goes loud until 1 am.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wally Z
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and another couple on February 22 2014. We had gotten a deal from Groupon that included a free drink at the ice bar and breakfast.

We really enjoyed our stay here, and it was exactly what we expected. We took the last english speaking tour which was worthwhile as they told us some facts about the making of the hotel that were interesting. We had plenty of time after to go grab dinner, take some pictures, and ride the ice slide. We had to attend a meeting that night where they showed us how to use the sleeping bags, and they were pretty easy to use.

The free drink at the ice bar was a nice touch but we did not think it was worth the $$ to purchase the drinks as they are shooter size and $9-$12.50 each.

Hot tubs - excellent- there is an adjustable temperature gauge so we had it at 104 and we were very warm. We went in around 9:30 and it wasn't crowded at all. We also used the sauna which was very hot as well; we only lasted a few minutes in there.

Sleeping - my husband wore thermals. He was able to sleep through the night and said he wasn't cold. I found the sleeping bag to be warm but my nose in particular kept getting cold. I wore thermals as well as a hoodie and that really helped me stay warm, especially my ears. I think without that on I would have been really cold though, so be sure to wear enough layers!

We woke up at 7am and it was very quiet in the hotel. To my surprise the shower area was completely empty, which I had been worried about since there are only 3 showers. Note that the lockers are in the main coed room so plan accordingly. They also keep the locker keys at the desk and you have to ask for it every time you need it.

Breakfast- This was as bad as all the other reviews say: weird eggs benedict, empty crepes, sausage that looked like uncooked hotdogs. They did have home fries that were good so we all ate a plate of that.

Check out my blog: http://get-off-that-couch.blogspot.com for a more detailed review and pictures.

Overall, this is 100% worth doing once!

Room Tip: we had regular rooms 42 and 43 and they were far from the bar and very quiet, so I recommend them.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelrunlive
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I traveled to Hotel de Glace in late February and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. From the moment we traveled the wooden walkway through to the hotel itself, we knew we were in for a unique experience.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. We had to take a few minutes to marvel at the outer design before heading in, and the art throughout was incredible. We thoroughly enjoyed walking through each of the suites to view the creativity of the people involved with creating the hotel. We also found that the hotel staff were very helpful in teaching us how to maximize our experience. As a once-in-a-lifetime experience, we'd absolutely recommend staying a night.

A few things travelers should be prepared for:

1) As others have mentioned, the hotel is cold. This should be a given, but few people realize it will be colder inside the hotel than out on some days. This was the case when we were there, but we had packed appropriately. You'll need to do the same. Your room will be about 20 degrees F. If you follow the recommendations the hotel gives you for packing when you make your reservation, you'll be fine. In reading the other reviews, it feels like the negative ones were written by the same people who read the recommendations and thought they didn't need to follow them.

2) Food on the campus is limited to a kind of cantina-style setup. For restaurants, you'll want to find a way out of the hotel.

3) Drinks are expensive and small. Keep in mind that you're paying for the experience - this is not a budget-friendly accommodation. That said, keep your eye out for a Groupon. But...

4) The suites are absolutely worth the additional money. We thoroughly enjoyed staying in ours.

I'm sure there's more, but this is the important stuff. If you're not sure you're up for a night in a cold place - though you won't necessarily be cold while you sleep - the Hotel de Glace allows tourists to visit and tour the rooms until 8:00 p.m. One way or another, this is not to be missed.

Room Tip: Go for the suite!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Travellers….please note that this hotel is made of ICE. Real, honest to goodness ICE!!! And ICE is cold. In fact, ice is freezing!!! So….if you are planning to stay at this hotel I would recommend you do your research, review all FAQs that are available on their website and be a hearty hearty adventuresome individual who loves to have all different kinds of experiences. Complaining about the cold, and the lack of facilities isn't really an option if you have done your homework.
I listened to a couple all the way home on the plane complaining about how cold it was. Guess what…they stayed up drinking until 1 am and had to get out of their sleeping bags several times to use the washrooms (not in your room btw). It is unadvisable to be drinking before bed in an ice hotel. You need to stay warm and you need to stay inside of your sleeping bag. Pee often before getting into bed. Lockers are far away from your room. Be very prepared to have exactly what you need. Good sleeping clothes etc. When you are ready for bed…stay dry. I took 3 kids ages 6, 10 and 12. They slept like babies. It was the ultimate experience for our family. It was a great venue and a great memory. The only issue I took was we had the family room ( 3 beds) and it is too close to the all night dance party. Music pumping until 1am. I wish we were further into the ice hotel where it was better insulated. Other than that….just remember where you are going and go and HAVE FUN and chalk it up to a once in a lifetime experience. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family