Hotel de Glace
$373
$315
  • Restaurant
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
$180
  • Bar/Lounge
$189
$184
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$184
$159
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
$209
  • Pool
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$149
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
$254
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
$188
$424
$260
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssleeping bagice slideice hotelonce in a lifetimeice sculpturesbucket listovernight guestsstay warmhot tubthemed roomslong underwearsnow tubingice roomtheme suitetraining sessionwedding chapelbody temperature
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I had loved the idea of staying at the Hotel Glace for a few years now, and I was not disappointed!

The structure is simply amazing! You have a lot of time to walk around and take pics . There are more expensive theme rooms with ornate carvings , heat less but cozy fireplaces etched.. Very nice to look at. My favourite was the chapel with fur pelts on the ice benches and music playing.. A beauty!

Another area was the bar areas, complete with I think 3 bars offering a selection of drinks served in ice glasses with fun names like Polar Bear and Nordique, and a delicious maple one as well. Great music!

And of course a fun sauna and hot tub area to hang out in.. Four hot tubs I think . .. Fun to hang out and get toasty warm before bed.

Now the sleeping part! Follow their instructions, on web on what to bring and attend a quick session there on how to prepare for bed. Important info! We slept so well, after drinks and hot tub, and was never cold except the end of my nose!!

All in all, don't put off going ! Bare minimum, take a tour during the day for a small fee from 9-9 I think .. You won't regret it !

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank top_mom007
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We decided to get a great special on Groupon for this stay. It was beautiful, people were really friendly, and it was cold. This stay was not for anything but the experience to sleep in an ice hotel. Check in is at 9pm and check out is at 9am. When you go, just be ready to take lots of photos. Breathtaking sculptors.

Room Tip: We also had a room at the Sheraton next to the hotel. That is where we had our luggage and everything else.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel de glacé review

A really amazing experience that I am happy we were fortunate enough to do! We stayed here January 9,2014, and had a great time. When you enter the pavilion, a hostess greats you, explains your stay, takes your bags and sends you down to the Celsius pavilion, where you actually check in. This is where the lounge for overnight guests is located, with free keruig beverages, lockers, washrooms and change rooms 24 hrs. We were given the option of further upgrading our room, which we did for one with a fireplace (which went out after 10 minutes so kind of a waste, but were still happy with the gorgeous room). There is a large room that has its own private hot tub, but for an additional $250 we just couldn't justify it, but we wanted to! There are tours, which we missed, but don't feel that it was necessary to enhance our stay. Also they have a mandatory training session re: the sleeping bags and overnight stay, which only takes about 10 minutes. There are 4, 8 person hot tubs and one smallish sauna that are available from 9 pm until 9 am. We used the tub area from 9:30-10:30 and had it to ourselves, as well as upon awakening at 6 am, lovely way to start the day! I would recommend trying not to get you hair wet in the tubs as the provided hair dryers are not great in the locker room. When we arrived at the hotel around 5:30, we checked in, got our welcome drink at the bar, then went for our info session. After that we drove for appetizers at a nearby bar, which brought us back to the hotel at a perfect time for the hot tubs. We went to bed at 11, and were plenty warm overnight. The beds themselves are fairly comfortable, and both had an average sleep. My boyfriend found the sleeping bag rather restrictive and did quite a bit of flopping around to get comfy, and we both woke up several times overnight, not for any particular reason though. I am a person who is always cold and was concerned about being warm enough, but using the hot tub and sauna first (and not showering after using them that night) made a huge impact. The breakfast was okay, with a decent variety of options. The staff was fabulous, and we would definitely recommend this experience to anyone looking for a one of a kind adventure! I would also agree with a fellow reviewer that it is a tad expensive for what you get (but this is justified as all the time and work that gets put into building it each year) and that doing a tour is just as nice as an overnight visit I'm sure.

Room Tip: Choose a theme room, but having a fireplace is an unnecessary expense. They don't heat at all and are only lit for 2 hrs max.
5  Thank Jennylo80
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Although it was a unique experience you don't need to spend the night. It is a neat 'to see' but an hour at most(and I'm being generous)and you've experienced all there is to experience at this attraction. We paid over $2300 for 4 persons for the night. This included a 4 course dinner at Dijon (which was excellent) 2 bottles of ice cider which had to be drank on premises and actually made a couple in our party ill, a night's stay which consist of a sleeping bag on a block of ice, and a continental breakfast.
It truly is a work of art to see but the experience ends there. The bar tender was friendly but the last thing you want is to have to get up in the night to use the washroom so you have to limit your time in the bar area. The construction was not complete when we stayed but even if it was that only means additional rooms, which you are not allowed to see because they are being used. The slide was also not available to us meaning there was the bar, the chapel, out door hot tubs and our rooms(after 8pm), That's it.
We were made to pay for upgraded rooms because at the time of booking we were told all of the standard rooms were taken and we did not receive upgraded rooms! When we inquired about this we were told we must have been mistaken and that there was nothing they could do. No refund, no compensation, not even an apology!
My husband ended up having to go back to the Sheraton to sleep because he was ill from the heavy dinner and ice cider. I decided to stick it out since it was non refundable and I had to at least try. There is a tutorial on how to sleep comfortably and stay warm. I followed the instructions(Hot shower, clean dry clothes etc)and found I was warmish to start(expect my face)but I was unable to fall asleep because I kept having panic attacks due to the constraints of the sleeping bag. This was my own fault but I DO NOT recommend attempting this if you are claustrophobic, as I am. It was a stressful night. We were instructed that if we need to use the washroom in the night to do so or our body temperature would drop and make us cold. I, as usual, needed to pee at 4am. I got up to use the communal bathroom, that's right--one washroom for all guests, and I guess my feet got wet in my boots on the trip in because I was unable to sleep after because my feet were frozen! I ended up giving up and getting up at 6(since that's when breakfast starts). I milled around the lobby until the rest of my party was awake and then headed back to the Sheraton to sleep(what a waste of a vacation day!)
I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 as the other couple seemed to enjoy themselves a bit more, but also admitted it was not worth the price. Their biggest beef was that the chapel music(the chapel was located next to our rooms) was not turned off until well after 2am and we could hear them scrapping the stairs of ice at 4am. Essential for safety, yes, but so very disruptive especially if you're already having trouble sleeping. The room construction starts closes to the communal bathrooms. I can't imagine being on the other side and needing to pee in the night! The walk from those rooms would be at least 5 mins, if not more, which is a long time in your PJs and would most certainly render you freezing upon your return.
I would NOT recommend staying the night but I would recommend a day tour. An overall disappointment for what was supposed to be the most exciting part of our vacation.

Room Tip: Insist on your upgrade if you paid for it!!
10  Thank InnkeeperK
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We took the tour of this hotel, but did not sleep there. It was beautiful to see and very interesting, definitely a must do in Quebec City. The chapel in particular is a work of art, with its colored lights and organ music. Each room in the Ice Hotel is unique. There is a comissary on the property (but separate from the hotel) and a snack bar where you can buy maple syrup that they will pour on snow for you to eat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family