Hotel de Glace
$151
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $186/night.

$239
$397
$331
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewssleeping bagice slideice hotelonce in a lifetimeice sculpturesbucket listovernight guestsstay warmhot tubthemed roomslong underwearsnow tubingice roomwedding chapeltheme suitetraining sessionbody temperature
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We bought a groupon for a nights stay on a whim and what an experience it was!! First and foremost we were not cold and it was one our best sleeps! Maybe the wine? Maybe the hotubs?? But we were defintely warm and toasty all night.

The rooms and hotel were amazing and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a standard room and do not regret upgrading because you only go to the room minutes before you are ready to sleep.

The only splurge I could agree with is the room with your own private hotub but only one of those are available. But sharing a hot tub in the snow with strangers does make for some interesting conversations!!!

Bring extra hats and socks :) And bring your spirt of adventure

6  Thank DaynaMarie9160
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I spent a night in Hotel De Glace in febuary 2013. It was awsome. With 3 bars,44 rooms a spa, sauna and a giant ice slide. Perfect for both adult and children to have loads of fun.
Activities like skiing, dog sledging, snow boarding all available to book at the hotel.
Although many may think this would be a cold night i was very snug in the sleeping bag provided and woke up feeling toastie. The rooms are basic but very comfortable.
A word of warning,be careful booking activities as i was charged twice but im sure this dosnt happen often.
There is a restaurant with live music and good food just up the road and a cafe on site but choice is very limited.
The spa is great it really didnt matter how cold it was out doors.
Make sure you try the maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth you will go back for more!!!
A tour is included in the price and is very informative.
This place is well worth a visit and a stay but wrap up warm until bedtime.

Room Tip: None carved rooms are cheaper and just as comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank elainetheo
Reviewed April 21, 2013

One has to be realistic when planning to sleep in a -5c room of ice. I will start with the good parts; the tour and the staff were fantastic. The ice bar was very, very fun. And I probably would have been happy to stop my visit right there. The instructions for using the sleeping bag and what to do with all of your personal things/attire is great, but it makes you terrified of coming into contact with any moisture. So I was afraid to breathe in my sleeping bag and the moisture from my breath kept freezing on my exposed face. Needless to say I didn't sleep a wink. LUCKILY - my husband thought to book a back up room at the Four Points Sheraton that is about a kilometer down the road. I got up at 3AM and went there. A real bed never felt so great. If you are claustrophobic, this experience probably isn't for you either. The sleeping bag was great - my body wasn't cold, just my face. So if you have the proper winter attire (poly base layer etc) you may enjoy it. My husband did.

6  Thank JRE0512
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I loooved it here! Was very pricey, but super convenient to Quebec City. I really appreciate the innovation, neat artwork and creative engineering. It is costly to do just a tour ($17) so we got the pkg with lunch, which was very mediocre but good-sized. I feel so lucky we made it right before it closed on April 1. Do the ice slide!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank nmdau
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Before you book this experience, you need to know a few things :
1- there is no door in your room, it simply is a curtain.
2- the check-in is not before 9pm
3- the check-out is at 9am and they wake you up at 8:30am (so if you plan on sleeping in, forget it)
3- the included breakfast is terrible, so don't count on it, plan at take your breakfast in Quebec city
4- the staff is very rude
5- for the price, I would suggest you go to any other hotel in Quebec city and simply go VISIT the "Hotel de Glace"

33  Thank Gabrielle E