Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$156
$147
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

L'Hotel Port-Royal(Quebec City)
$182
$382
$362
  • Restaurant
All reviewssleeping bagice slideice hotelonce in a lifetimeice sculpturesbucket listovernight guestshot tubthemed roomslong underwearsnow tubingice roomwedding chapeltheme suitetraining sessionbody temperatureserved in ice glasses
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Of course its cold, its made of ice and snow, its also stunning, it takes your breath away at times. The sculptures throughout are wonderful, from the ice chandelier to the ice stairs and slide, the bar comes alive a night when the lights come on. If you are up for something different, and dont mind running through the snow to get in the hot tubs and sauna, which is recommended to get your body temperature up before going to bed, then this is for you, if not, just take a tour its well worth your time. The chapel is a must to see, pews are covered with animal skins and the ambiance ....wow.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank banbury
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have been visiting the Scandinavian arctic and the Swedish Ice Hotel for the last ten years so could not miss the opportunity to see what the Quebec version had to offer.

First the positive, the Hotel de Glace is a real visual spectacle; I can honestly say that more work has gone into this year’s hotel than has gone into the Swedish Ice Hotel for the last five years combined. The artistry and attention to detail in the sculpture is incredible, practically no wall is left undecorated. Unlike its Swedish counterpart it does not pretend to be made only of snow and ice so they can make use of other materials, in key areas such as the fire places in the suites and bar.

The hotel is built in phases so has two bars, a slide and a fantastic chapel; the whole thing is a must see visual spectacle that is well worth the entry fee. We even upgraded to a season pass for an extra $5 so that we could come back the next day.

On the negative side the hotel does not have any other facilities and if you don't like sleeping in a cold room there is nowhere else to go so be completely sure you want to stay the night.

The best option might be to just go and visit for the day, the hotel really comes alive once the sun goes down and the coloured lighting on the different sculptures really bring it to life.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
13  Thank TWMC2010
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Most previous reviews have gone into detail about what to expect when staying at the Ice Hotel, so I will only mention a few things. First of all, it's cold but more importantly, it's cold *and* humid. Synthetic (non-cotton) clothing is a must, especially if you are going to stay overnight. If you want to stay warm throughout the night, a trip to the sauna right before going to sleep is very important as well. Listen to the staff - they've all stayed overnight at the Ice Hotel and they know what they're talking about when it comes to staying warm and getting the most out of your stay. Also, if you want to see rooms other than your own, visit the hotel before ~7pm (otherwise the rooms are prepared for the overnight guests and curtains are drawn over the "door" to each room).

The Ice Hotel website kind of markets the hotel as a romantic getaway. I don't really see it that way because it's really too cold to do anything except for put on multiple layers of clothing and huddle down in your own sleeping bag, but we were told after we checked out that many couples ask to have their sleeping bags zipped together.

I rated the sleep quality as low because I found it difficult to breathe the cold air and I couldn't keep my face warm. My husband, who is accustomed to cold weather camping, slept well. If you enjoy camping, especially winter camping, I think you'll really enjoy the Ice Hotel experience.

As for the hotel itself, it is beautiful and a work of art. It's very impressive. The experience is worth it, but it's also worth it to watch the Ice Hotel site for promotions. We booked before the hotel opened for the season and got our room (which included an upgrade to a theme suite) for about half of the regular price.

Also, I believe that this is the first year that the Ice Hotel is accesible by public transit. This worked out great for us, so I hope the Ice Hotel remains at the same site in the future.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank maniacmich
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Took the tour and stayed the night in one of the regular rooms at the Ice Hotel. The artwork and creativity put into this project every year is simply amazing. Every bit of the structure is snow and ice, including the beds. The Ice Bar was a hoot to hang out in for a couple of hours before packing ourselves into -40F rated sleeping bags for the frigid night's sleep. I would suggest staying as close to the Celsius Club (the permanent structure where the bathrooms are located) if you do decide to overnight. The sauna and hot tubs are a must. If I were to do it again, I'd probably just take the tour, hang in the bar for a little while, and head to the Sheraton or Old Quebec for a warm night's sleep. But, as they say, been there, done that, off the bucket list.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PackingCamel
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I went with my teenage son, sister and husband. We slept in 1 room. We picked a simple room. My husband stayed at the hotel above the ice hotel. He didn't want any part of this experience. We relaxed in his room. We checked in late. We had a party in the ice hotel club and made ice sculptures. We went into the hot tub before going to bed. We slept great. You must follow the directions they send you or give you on what to wear while sleeping. Please attend meeting on how to get in and out of sleeping bag. You should have a great time if you follow directions given. Have a great time. l

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family