Hotel Manoir Victoria
$382
$284
$166
  • Breakfast included
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
$188
  • Bar/Lounge
$184
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
$217
$175
  • Restaurant
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
$209
  • Pool
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
$126
Hotel 71(Quebec City)
$261
  • Breakfast included
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
$203
$454
TripAdvisor
1,499 results
All reviewschez boulaygreat locationold quebecpaillardvalet parkinglovely hotelstairs to climbrue sttim hortonsstreet levelwithin walking distanceindoor poolhotel restaurantyour luggagemobility issuesrestaurants and shopswithin the walls
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Attended: February 14-17, 2014

We booked at the Victoria based on a good review from friends and Trip Advisor reviews. Neither was wrong. Right from the point of checking in, and up to the check out, the experience was great. The staff were all friendly and helpful - from the front desk staff, to the restaurant staff, cleaning staff and door staff (although they were most often not actually manning the door when we were coming and going). Not to worry though - we were capable of opening the door on our own.

We were upgraded from the Queen room to the King room (nice gesture) which was very nice. The décor was new and current, the room was very spacious and bathroom was appointed in marble. Not that it mattered to us, but there was only a walk-in shower and no bath. Lot's of hot water and pressure. The TV was hooked up to their own system and offered all the usual stuff. The wifi was free and was speedy (unusual in hotels now a-days), all up until the last morning when it crapped out for a few hours.

The only down side to the room was trying to get the temperature up. The thermostat was set to 24c, but I'm certain it wasn't much more than 20-21c. We spoke to the front desk who said they would send maintenance. They may have done that, and the temperature may have gone up for a while, but mostly it was cool. They have a computerized building HVAC system and I suspect they are trying to keep costs down. We didn't suffer that much. Just thought I'd mention it.

Although we didn't have it, the breakfast buffet looked good and was only $16. We ate from the menu on two mornings. One morning the french toast and crepes we had tasted good, but were served cold. The wait staff were very friendly - that was nice.

They have a really nice pool (with a life guard!) and an aesthetics spa with change rooms and a sauna. Nice touch. Valet parking is offered at $22/night - pretty good compared to Toronto

The hotel is a bit on the expensive side, but I feel it was well worth it. And given it's great location in the old town, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room "up high" and at the front of the building for a good view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2014

For the most part other reviews have said this as well- very friendly and helpful front desk staff (particularly Bernard) and doormen, a fantastic location for a tourist wanting to see Old Quebec.

The room was modern, clean, and had great temperature control. Comfortable for two people. No view, but not an issue for me. Elevators pretty quick. The pool is open from 10am to 9pm, pretty nice although I would have liked the water to be a little warmer, and there were some kids in there so I didn't stay too long. They have a small fitness center. A fine dining restaurant connected to the hotel. Many shops and restaurants right around the corner. 10-15min walk to the Fontenac.

Taxi ride was maybe 20min at a fixed rate of about $34 Canadian.

Only negatives I had were: I could occasionally hear people passing in the hall, but it was not an issue. As documented in other reviews there are stairs up to the main lobby, but for a healthy person not an issue (doorman insisted on taking our luggage up), and for in/out from our touristing I felt comfortable using the restaurant entrance. On the last day I had trouble using their WiFi to connect to my work e-mail.

I would absolutely stay here again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whereisdave
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

When we got here the service was impacable, the valet the front desk everybody was amazing and friendly. Sadly when we got to our room it all went downhill from there. The room was not what I expected from pictures of the website. They say they have new contemporary rooms but our was not. Not very soundproof as we could hear out neighbours perfectly and also we hear the heating pipes all night.

Great location but will not be back again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fleischier
Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, beautiful hotel within close walking distance of most attractions in the old city, this is the place to be. Front desk and valet are extremely helpful. The hotel has stairs up from the road level, but someone immediately assisted us with our bags. When we needed our car, service was very prompt.
The room we had was gorgeous, spacious and classy. The bathroom was beautiful with a large shower. We were on the second floor and had a view of the quaint street below us, but the noise was not too bad. There was even a well-stocked bar fridge in the room - a great idea!
Cleanliness was great. The only one thing we noticed was dust on the coffeemaker in the bathroom. Other than that, everything was spotless.
We really enjoyed our stay at Manoir Victoria! If you want to get the feel of Old Quebec, I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Perfect. Front desk, concierge, valet - all were unbelievably helpful, courteous, and made our 8 night stay something we'll always fondly remember. From recommending restaurants, to dogsledding and snowmobiling, a good beginner ski resort, sliding at Valcartier, to their simple genuine happiness to greet us and carry on a conversation, we felt at home from day 1. This was my family's first winter vacation to a cold weather destination. We opted for Quebec City after a fun trip to Toronto on an urban safari (with a little Niagara Falls sprinkled in) in October - a Toronto native encouraged a trip in either summer or winter to Quebec City. This hotel was recommended by a local visitors' bureau worker as in the old part of town, with an indoor pool and recent renovations. It was very nice. We upgraded I think 2 levels to get a larger room, given all our winter attire and family of 4 (kids 10 and 12). That was a good idea. The location was fantastic. I can't believe how clean they kept the carpet and common areas given the amount of snow people track in. Valet/bell cap guy even stayed outside with me one bitterly cold (-15F) evening after I locked the freaking keys in the rental while a cabdriver unlocked the vehicle. When we go back, we'll stay with our friends at Hotel Manoir Victoria again!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage or kids, and plan to spend a bit of time in the room to relax or warm up in the winter time, spring a little extra for the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family