The location is great. It's a very good value, a great value compared to the Hotel Frontenac. Parking is what it is. Park at the hotel, or park somewhere else, same cost. The steps aren't as bad as I feared. Have the bellhop carry your bags up and down. A reviewer complained about the elevators, I did not find them slow in the least. Language was not a problem (which was good since my French is a problem lol). There appears to be construction ready to start across the street. That may be a problem in the near future. The room was clean and comfortable. The rooms on their website looked bigger than mine, but all was fine. The suggestion to use the mini bar was put to great use. The staff was friendly, switched from french to english in a heartbeat and gave us great suggestions on dining and directions to Montreal. When we go back I would ONLY stay at the Hotel Manoir Victoria. We skipped breakfast at the hotel and instead went to Café Boulangerie Paillard located around the corner. Communal seating, and a bit confusing with the lines, but worth it. Next door to the hotel is a Tim Horton's and at the corner is a McDonald's.
We loved the quaint shops in both in the walled city and in the old section at the base of the Funicular ($2.50 each way). We didn't buy anything but souvenirs. I'm not sure if one goes for the shopping. Do NOT miss a trip to the île d'Orléans - a small island about 25 mins away. An easy, toll free trip the île d'Orléans is an island full of restaurants, roadside fruit stands, art galleries and craft shops. At the visitor center rent a cd and a map and enjoy. A friend described it as drive thru farmer's market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic, culturally vibrant and gastronomic activity of Old Quebec, Hotel Manoir Victoria extends a warm and friendly welcome in an inviting decor that was recently renovated and upgraded. With its unique European style, the 4-star hotel offers 156 rooms and suites, some of which are high-luxury units with ambiance fireplace and whirlpool bath, eight meeting and function rooms that can accommodate up to 175 people, two restaurants including the inspired cuisine of "CHEZ BOULAY - BISTROBOREAL", free wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness centre, an Internet lounge and indoor parking with valet service. In addition, the << Spa du Manoir>> offers a full range of beauty and well-being services which, combined with an expert advice and a relaxing environment, will wonderfully complement your stay: Therapeutic massages, body treatments and esthetics care are provided with first class expertise, effective products and warm human contact. Eight (8) treatment rooms are at your disposal to relax and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Manoir Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Victoria Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Manoir Victoria Quebec/Quebec City