“Very nice hotel”

Hotel Manoir Victoria
Ranked #21 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Check in went very smooth lots of smiles from staff, English spoken, room was ready at noon.
Room was very nice with enough space to move around. Bed was very nice after a day of walking around. Shower was hot and had great pressure. We had no problems with the stairs to the lobby but can see we're others may, note that there are stairs and hills everywhere in Quebec City.
Hotel is located just around the corner from lots of places to eat, shops, and sites. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is a beautiful small botique hotel.....the rooms are well appointed...the linen on the beds is crisp white and of superior quality....and the room is spotlessly clean. The only problem is that when you arrive you realize that there is a very large and very steep staircase from the street to the main lobby. There is no other way to enter and exit. We will not return!! only becaause I broke my ankle a while ago and it is still in recovery and the stairs (going down especially) is brutal and very painful. The hotel staff seem totally unaware of the inconvenience and challenge they are causing those that are not so agile.....although it has nothing to do with age. I am completely disappointed that they are not required to become 'accessuble".

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mary Q
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here Oct. 20-26, 2012 for a lovely Fall vacation. This hotel is situated right in the heart of old Quebec City, and mostly everything is within walking distance. The only thing lacking is a hotel bar, however, there are many bars close by that are very nice. It was very clean, and the rooms were well appointed. The hotel restaurant was excellent, one of the best we ate at in the whole city. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are average in size and have standard amenities. The property's location in the heart of the old city of Quebec definitely adds to its appeal.

Unfortunately, a smoker must have occupied my room prior to my visit. I was here for an entire week, and the stench of smoke never left the room. I only hope that I don't get charged a fee by the hotel when I check out tomorrow if they think that I'm the one who was smoking in the room...

Due to my work obligations this week, I did not spend much time on the property; I utilized the fitness center three times. I would rate this gym as below average. For cardio, there is one treadmill and three stationary bikes; I find this to be limiting. There is also a fairly comprehensive universal gym system, but no free weights.

I should also mention that the group rate provided this week was extremely low. So if you are looking for a budget business option, definitely call ahead and negotiate.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, but only if you cannot get a reasonably priced room at the Marriott Courtyard or Hilton properties nearby.

Room Tip: Make sure you have at least two windows
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BigYosh
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights late September.We were surprised to find there was no elevator to the reception area,however the bell hop offered immediately to carry our luggage up the imposing staircase.The staff were all very obliging and friendly. Our room was well appointed and very clean.We had a king size room.The noise level was minimal
The hotel is very central to all amenities in the old city.We did not eat at the hotel,but had breakfast each day at Paillard which has fresh croissants, tasty French pastries and wonderful coffee more suited to our Australian taste. We dined at Retro restaurant and had the most delicious provincial French food.The service at the restaurant
was impeccable.

Room Tip: Ask for a King room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very well located, in the old city. The rooms are modern and comfortable, I recommend you at least get a grand luxury room.
The personnel is very attentive and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
On the negative side, the hotel lacks a bar. I am used to hotels having a cozy bar for before or after diner drinks. Also, if you or one of your guests is physically challenged, this is not a place for you. The main entrance greets you with an impressive staircase, you can always use the entrance on St-Jean street, through the restaurant, but the problem is that the restaurant is not opened in the morning so you have no other alternative than go through the staircase on Côte-du-Palais.
Your stay there will cost you half the price per room compared to the old Château Frontenac, so you should seriously consider it.
One last comment, the gym is rather abysmal: just one thread mill and none of the stationary bikes worked properly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had a pleasant stay here back in June 2007 and thought we would stay again for a couple days after the cruise we were on ended in Quebec. Maybe it's my memory failing or maybe things have changed at the Manoir Victoria, but this stay was disappointing. The room furnishings were what I would expect at a hotel that charges half what I paid here. The bathroom was tiny and had black mold on the tiles and around the fixtures in the bathtub. The beds had ultra thick mattresses but the bottom sheet was neither fitted or big enough to fully cover over the mattress. However, this was cleverly concealed at the bottom of the bed under the top sheet and bed covering. But if you moved at all while you slept, the sheet would crumple up and you ended up sleeping on whatever was under the sheet and who knows if this was changed from the last room occupant. The lobby is much nicer than the rooms, likely because they attract groups for conferences, but they would be better served if they would invest more on caring for the rooms and maybe doing some better training of their housekeeping staff. Also, they told me they don't have car service, and when I asked if they could arrange pick up for us from the cruise port, I was told no, I would have to do this myself. The nicest thing about this hotel, and maybe why they feel they can charge what they do, is its proximity to such a variety of restaurants, including Casse-Crepe Breton Quebec, which is an interesting crêperie within an easy walking distance. After Quebec we went to Montreal, and our stay there in the Hilton Garden Inn was much, much nicer. There is also a Hilton property in Quebec which appears to charge a bit less than the Manoir Victoria (searched it on Trip Advisor) and having stayed in many Hilton properties before, I'll bet it would have been a better choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family