What I liked: The hotel location (in the heart of old Quebec City), the staff (excluding one bell hop who was a bit of a boob) were extremely accommodating, the breakfast, the bedding and rooms were very comfortable.
What I did not like: 1) The climb up the steep, steep, steep hill to reach the hotel from the train station. We decided to take a cab to the train station upon our departure- it cost less than $5.00 and we laughed at ourselves for making the climb upon our arrival. Even if you are physically fit, you are better off to take the cab.
2)There is not one person- young old or indifferent who would reach the front doors of this hotel, peer up the imposing set of stairs and think, "are you kidding me???" A hotel with so many stairs to enter its reception area wtih no elevator, lift or escalator makes NO sense at all. The bell hop will assist you however, the boob I encountered held the door for me as I struggled with my luggage over the stairs going into the hotel (not offering to help) and pointed upwards towards the stairs to register. I instructed him to carry my luggage up the stairs and he complied but should have offered in the first place. There are times when the front door is not manned because everyone who arrives or departs will require bell hop assistance so some people may have had to lug their suitcases up those stairs. The stairs also eliminates so potential patrons such as those who are ambulatory challenged, seniors or those who are ill.
Hotel is not what I would consider a 4 star but certainly adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic, culturally vibrant and gastronomic activity of Old Quebec, Hotel Manoir Victoria extends a warm and friendly welcome in an inviting decor that was recently renovated and upgraded. With its unique European style, the 4-star hotel offers 156 rooms and suites, some of which are high-luxury units with ambiance fireplace and whirlpool bath, eight meeting and function rooms that can accommodate up to 175 people, two restaurants including the inspired cuisine of "CHEZ BOULAY - BISTROBOREAL", free wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness centre, an Internet lounge and indoor parking with valet service. In addition, the << Spa du Manoir>> offers a full range of beauty and well-being services which, combined with an expert advice and a relaxing environment, will wonderfully complement your stay: Therapeutic massages, body treatments and esthetics care are provided with first class expertise, effective products and warm human contact. Eight (8) treatment rooms are at your disposal to relax and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Manoir Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Victoria Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Manoir Victoria Quebec/Quebec City