The hotel is well situated. Right around the corner of St-Jean street which is great for shopping. There are loads of restaurants nearby to suit every budget: a sushi shop, an Ashton, a McDo, crêperies (pancakes), Paillard, (best croissants in Québec, pastries, breakfasts, dinners, great ice cream) and higher end restaurants like Le Patriarche. The hotel itself has a high end restaurant called Boréal that serves game but we did not give it a try.
We had two quiet bedrooms with 2 double beds on the third floor facing Hotel Dieu Hospital. Not a very rejoicing view. I couldn't help thinking about the sick and the dying every time we were waiting for the parking valet. The chambermaid was excellent. The rooms were very clean, not fancy but cosy.
The breakfasts were very good. Hot and cold buffets. ( lots of fruit, choice of cereal, cheeze, pancakes, bacon, sausage, ham, eggs,hash browns, muffins, juices etc...)
The staff is pleasant and very polite. The pool and showers, locker rooms are well kept and their is an lifeguard/attendant at all times.
Here is my but... when you get to the hotel after driving for hours there is a nice long staircase waiting for you. This hotel is not for the physically challenged. I'm appaled that they just made renovations and that they managed to have a new restaurant that gives right on St-Jean street , at street level , but that they didn't bother building a corridor or an acces to the hotel for the physically challenged. And they won't even let a poor old man walking with a cane walk through their precious restaurant so that he can avoid the stairs. For this reason, I cannot give the Manoir Victoria a higher note.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic, culturally vibrant and gastronomic activity of Old Quebec, Hotel Manoir Victoria extends a warm and friendly welcome in an inviting decor that was recently renovated and upgraded. With its unique European style, the 4-star hotel offers 156 rooms and suites, some of which are high-luxury units with ambiance fireplace and whirlpool bath, eight meeting and function rooms that can accommodate up to 175 people, two restaurants including the inspired cuisine of "CHEZ BOULAY - BISTROBOREAL", free wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness centre, an Internet lounge and indoor parking with valet service. In addition, the << Spa du Manoir>> offers a full range of beauty and well-being services which, combined with an expert advice and a relaxing environment, will wonderfully complement your stay: Therapeutic massages, body treatments and esthetics care are provided with first class expertise, effective products and warm human contact. Eight (8) treatment rooms are at your disposal to relax and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Manoir Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Victoria Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Manoir Victoria Quebec/Quebec City