My husband, his mother, my mother & I stayed at Manoir 2 nights at the beginning of September. The hotel is nicely kept, clean, and definitely offers that "old Quebec" charm and experience. The room our mothers shared was a superior with 2 queen beds - very specious. My husband & I opted for a superior with 1 queen bed - same price, but MUCH smaller room, and the queen bed seemed to be a double, not a queen. Again, both the room & the bathroom were clean, and equipped with all we needed, including a clock radio with IPhone/IPod docking station. I liked that the windows opened, but unfortunately our room was facing the back of the hotel, with some massive generator running 24/7 - too noisy to enjoy fresh air.
The location of the hotel is perfect - around the corner from a street filled with restaurants & boutiques, and about 5 minutes walk from most major attractions.
The staff was very polite and helpful, the only thing that was a bit disappointing was our check-in experience. We took a morning flight, and arrived at the hotel early, around 11AM, knowing the check-in begins at 3PM. Our bags were stored by the hotel, and we were able to enjoy a nice lunch nearby while waiting for our rooms to be ready. We returned around 2:30PM to check-in. Our mothers' room was ready, but not ours, so we waited till 3PM. At 3PM, we overheard the front desk attendant on the phone, telling a potential client that the hotel is wide open, and no reservations are necessary, yet we were still waiting for our room. Finally, shortly after 3PM, front desk attendant changed our room to another, and we were given a key & a room. What would have been far nicer is offering to switch the rooms right away, and not having us wait for 30min, something I would have expected at a high end hotel with lots of empty rooms.
Overall, our stay was pleasant and met our expectations. The only thing I'd change if I were to stay there again, I'd ask for the 2-bed superior room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the historic, culturally vibrant and gastronomic activity of Old Quebec, Hotel Manoir Victoria extends a warm and friendly welcome in an inviting decor that was recently renovated and upgraded. With its unique European style, the 4-star hotel offers 156 rooms and suites, some of which are high-luxury units with ambiance fireplace and whirlpool bath, eight meeting and function rooms that can accommodate up to 175 people, two restaurants including the inspired cuisine of "CHEZ BOULAY - BISTROBOREAL", free wireless high-speed Internet access, an indoor pool, a sauna, a fitness centre, an Internet lounge and indoor parking with valet service. In addition, the> offers a full range of beauty and well-being services which, combined with an expert advice and a relaxing environment, will wonderfully complement your stay: Therapeutic massages, body treatments and esthetics care are provided with first class expertise, effective products and warm human contact. Eight (8) treatment rooms are at your disposal to relax and rejuvenate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Manoir Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Victoria Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Manoir Victoria Quebec/Quebec City