“Newly renovated and zen”

Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate
Ranked #20 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Brossard
“Newly renovated and zen”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had not been back to the Best Western Aristocrate for a few years and what a pleasant surprise....renovations in the guest rooms. They did a beautiful job. Was especially impressed with the shower that they put in. Someone clever decided to put the faucets at the back of the shower stall and a large shower head at the other end. Glass door that covered 3/4 of the length of the shower stall...easy to get in and out. No bathtub in that bathroom. Rooms are spacious and have a classy look. The hotel is located at the entrance of Quebec City...easy to get to. Getting down to the center is very easy by very well-known roadways. Staff were especially polite and had wonderful smiles. Breakfast delicious. Did not have a main meal in their restaurant but they are known to have a fine menu. We will return without a doubt.

Room Tip: I believe that all rooms are well situated. We had a queen size bed and that was perfect for us.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Bonjour sandinette,

Thank you for your thorough review and for giving us a perfect score of 5/5!

I will pass your great comment about the shower to the hotel owner as he dedicated a lot of time to think about what would be the best design that will ‘’WOW’’ our client; I am sure that he will really appreciate your comments.

We will wait to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Carole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very clean, beautifully upgraded decor, comfortable beds, restaurants, shopping, grocery with wine and beer nearby. Free shuttle to Old Quebec appreciated. A great value compared to Old Quebec which is very pricey for accommodations and dining. Very friendly bilingual staff.

Room Tip: Limited patio rooms on front side of building if you want immediate outside access. Back side borde...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mamaHonthego
Bonjour mamaHonthego,

Thank you for your great review and for granting us a perfect score of 5/5; I am sure that all our team members will be thrilled with your comments.

We are very proud to offer a great value to our guests and a unique service.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Easy to find and parking was easy. In Quebec City that was saying something. Room was a good size. The bed was firm and I had a great sleep. Good restaurants nearby. The service was good. The daily maid service was thorough. Quiet and secure. I would recommend highly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter S
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Bonjour Peter S,

All our team members are joining me in thanking you for your excellent review.

Such good comments and your strong recommendation are always a great source of motivation for everybody.

Thanks again and best regards from Quebec city,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western the first weekend of June. We were in the room with two queen beds and hardwood floors. The floors were a nice touch and I really enjoyed the rainfall shower head. A tub would have been preferred after a long day of walking but was not necessary. The room was very clean and I LOVED the complimentary shampoo and conditioner! We enjoyed having the mini fridge in our room and felt that it was a must-have. My husband and I both prefer a firmer mattress and pillows...these are very fluffy. Parking is free and plentiful while we were there which was great! We were surprised that the outdoor pool was still empty. Although the weather wasn't super warm, I still expected that it would be ready by June 1st. All things considered, for the price, you cannot beat this room!

This Best Western is not located in Old Quebec but this did not take away from the enjoyment of our vacation. The cost of our room was half the price of those comparable in Old Quebec.There is a bus-stop in front of the hotel and one a couple buildings down which you can take to go to Old Quebec for $3 per person/per way. You need to take the bus stop a couple buildings down and across the street...Bus 25 (line 13, 25, 125). The return trip drops you off right in front of the hotel. We chose this instead of trying to find our own parking.

There are some nice restaurants nearby that are not super expensive. Our favorite was the Piazette which is only a couple buildings away. Menus are in English and French...a definite bonus! Staff was friendly; the seafood ravioli and bleu cheese veal were to die for! The restaurant in the hotel was quite expensive and out of our price range for dinner but we did have a nice breakfast there for under $30 for both of us. A free breakfast would have been nice although we did receive a 15% off coupon for meals when we arrived.

The aquarium is a VERY short drive (or walk if you are feeling adventurous) from the hotel. The aquarium was nice and not as expensive as others we have gone to. My only complaint was that the walrus show that we saw was narrated in French only.

Staff at this hotel were very friendly. We will definitely stay again! Thanks so much!

4 Thank UpstateNYMomof4
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Bonjour UpstateNYMomof4,

Let me thank you for you thorough review following your June stay at our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our various amenities as well as the quality of service from our team members. We take pride in offering a high quality hotel at a competitive pricing. Concerning our outdoor pool, you are absolutely right; we have chosen to wait real summer weather in order to open.

We will be more than pleased to welcome you again and thanks again for your recommendation and your perfect score 5/5.

Best regards from Quebec,

Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I haven't stayed in a best western in years so I remember the previous setup and design.They even let us check in early which was a relief after a very long drive. The first floor had nice long windows but found I was in the back of the building instead and the view of the rear lot and apartments and the street was not terrible.

I thought I was in the Courtyard Marriott. It was immaculately clean, not a speck; I am especially picky. There were modern fixtures and lights, dark wood design, fridge was built-in to the desk. The bathroom was setup smart utilizing the space well and the shower had a big round head at the top which sends relaxing water down instead of out in a spray. When i saw the hanging bag with the blow dryer under the sink I thought 'they don't think I'm some thief who'd steal it' and I felt an odd sense of trust.

The front desk women were genuinely nice and helped suggest our route when visiting Old Town Quebec to make sure we got in the best variety during out short visit. There's a nice restaurant next to it, you can walk across the street. There's a grocery store you can walk to easily behind the hotel and a coffee place on the corner and more stores within walking distance of .25 mi. and access to the highway is up the street.

The one thing I didn't care for was the hastiness of the cleaning lady, if that can even be a negative statement. She'd tried to get into the room twice to clean but we'd arranged a late checkout - it was slightly irritating. Maybe I forgot to put the 'do not disturb sign' on the knob - who knows. I also, found it unusual there was no trash bag in the bins, I didn't want to throw anything nasty like a banana peel in them; maybe its easier to disinfect that way.

I wouldn't think twice about booking a stay at this location in the future.

Room Tip: I would get a front room with more light
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Bonjour aholden2578,

Thank you for taking the time prepare a thorough review of our hotel following your recent stay with us.

I'm glad you appreciated the quality of work of our housekeeping team. Regarding the hair dryer, I am sorry to have given a negative perception. Following our recent renovations, we chose to place the hair dryer in a bag under the sink just for aesthetic reasons.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Lombard, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The staff was very nice and helpful!!! Clean hotel and rooms. Great hotel but had to take bus or taxi to old city. The taxi takes about 20 min and $25 and bus is $3. We never tried the resturaunts around the hotel but we heard great reviews on the surrounding places to eat.

2 Thank Erin T
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Bonjour Erin T,

Thank you for your perfect score of 5/5 and your excellent comment concerning our team members.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Riverview, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a wonderful Hotel for an overnight and I would recommend it for a long term stay. The mattresses on the beds are very comfortable and the pillows amazing. Everything is very clean and the new renovations are very nice.

The restaurant serves top notch meals. The breakfast is reasonably priced and a large variety menu to choose from. The evening meal would probably be expensive for the average person but worth it. There is an Italian restaurant just down the street if you would like another choice of venue. The Hotel gives you a 15% voucher to use at any meal you choose.

If you would like a walk after a meal, the area is very nice for this.

We stop at this Hotel on our way to Ontario, and on the way back as it very comfortable and they make you feel very much at home. There is free Wi-fi.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room here, so I don't think you will have a problem.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine J
CaroleCote, Director of operations at Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Bonjour Elaine J,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for giving us a perfect score de 5/5.

You can be assured that all our team members will be delighted by your feedback.

Best regards from Quebec city and waiting the pleasure to welcome you again.