“Wonderful time in the fish land”
Review of Aquarium du Quebec

Aquarium du Quebec
Ranked #25 of 223 things to do in Quebec City
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come and experience Parc Aquarium du Quebec! Travel into the ecosystems of the St. Lawrence River and Canadian waters and discover northern plant and animal life. This 16-hectare site is the only one of its kind in Quebec. As you make this amazing journey all the way to the North Pole, you'll have the chance to observe 10,000 fresh- and salt-water fish specimens, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, as well as marine mammals, such as Atlantic and Pacific walruses, seals and polar bears. Happy discoveries!
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The place was fun, but I think it might have been more fun to visit in summer when it's not cold. Some of the attractions where missing, I guess it's because of weather problems.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband, my 3 year old and I visited the aquarium and had a great time.

Our top 3 activites :
1. Jelly fish aquariums (black aquariums with jelly fishes that change color)
2. Petting the rays (soft, their dart is cut so no worries)
3. Finding Nemo species

The location is great, so as the kids menu. We appreciated our winter visit but since there is a lot to do outside (kids park, small trails etc.) we would come back and visit it in the summer or fall.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great place to go with kids. My 5 years daughter loved it. Not too expensive.
No shjow though. Were not able to see the polar bear very long.

5  Thank caissy28
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Went here with my lady, it had been slowing all day so not all attractions were open but we had a blast. The animals seemed very happy and were active and playful which kept us smiling. They had places you could touch the sting rays, many outdoor viewing areas, polar bears, seals, sea lions, arctic foxes but no large fish like dolphins or sharks..still I would return again.. good stuff!

2  Thank LoneTraveler401
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was really impressed with the aquarium, but I had never been to an aquarium before this so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

The inside was a little creepy with a lot of deep-water fish that looked half-dead (you would probably have to have an appreciation of fish to really think this part was worth seeing), but there were also some reptiles, a giant octopus, and a tunnel of tropical fish in the main inside part which were pretty cool.

I found the newer indoor section to be more interesting with stingrays that you can actually touch, and a huge room filled with jellyfish aquariums (they light up the jellyfish so they glow with different colours). Pretty cool stuff, and I'm sure kids would really appreciate it.

The outside part was by far my favourite, with polar bears, seals (common + arctic), walruses, owls, and arctic foxes. It's so neat to see these animals interact with you, and the displays were really well done so that you can see them up close. They run shows with these animals, but I didn't have a chance to catch any of them.

Bundle up if you're going in the winter - the aquarium is next to the river and it can get really windy and cold! The outdoor part is pretty spread out (but not too far for kids to walk from one exhibit to the next), and the two indoor parts (the buildings) are a bit distanced too.

Overall - I really enjoyed this and it's well worth a visit. There's a lot of variety in what you'll see here, so even if there's some parts that you find less impressive (for example, the deep-water fish), there's so much here that you're sure to find something that really catches your attention. We took about 3 hours to tour the whole aquarium (adult-walking speed!). We probably could have stretched this to about 4 hours, but any less than 3 would not have been enough.

3  Thank Kay T