“Unlock the door of this condo and be prepared to...”
Living area facing the St. Lawrence River
Bedroom with onsuite bathroom Living room area with awesome view of the St-Laurence River
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bedroom with onsuite bathroom
Living room area with awesome view of the St-Laurence River
Dining area and table (6)
Full Service Kitchen
kitchen and breakfast nook on the right side of the picture
bathroom
Entrance and elevator
Place Royal Courtyard only 2 minutes on foot from the front door of your condo.
Walls of the Historic Place Royal Courtyard only 2 minutes on foot from the front door of your condo
Place Royal Courtyard only 2 minutes on foot from the front door of your condo.
View from our roof top patio
View of the St Lawrence River from the roof top patio
View from the roof top patio
Roof panorama view of the St. Lawrence from the roof top patio.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
nateko
Boston, Massachusetts
“great condo, maintained by not as qualified management”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Lovely condo but unpleasant experience. The condo was nicely renovated and truly

Unpleasant experience but lovely condo.

I very rarely write reviews. The experience here was very unpleasant and I had to post about it. The condo was nicely renovated and beautiful. We didn't know we were supposed to call 30 minutes prior to arrival but the manager let us in without having us wait outside in the rain. We booked a condo called Frontnac. My wife and I travel a lot and often stayed in some of the nicest hotels around the world. The condo was on par with the best. However, as soon as I walked in to the bathroom in the smaller room, I spotted multiple hair in the bathtub and residues stuck in toilet bowl which I rather not elaborate. Coming tired from a trip, I did not want to make noise out if it so I cleaned the bowl with a toilet brush near it before the rest of us saw it. Again, in the smaller room, we noticed a coated fabric laid out on the bed. The fabric was laid out where you rest your feet and the color of it blend in with the rest of the bedding so I thought it was something to protect the bedding, like those you see in a mattress shop. The fabric was made of some rough material so we pushed it aside when we slept and forgot about it. We stayed in the condo for two nights and left a positive review in the guestbook. We cleaned the apartment reasonably well and washed the dish we used.

On the way back, a person named Ed Sweeney sent an email blaming us for taking off some blinds in the smaller room and not folding it. He said we should be ashamed and our behaviour was not acceptable. I wasn't sure what he was talking about and realized that the coated fabric laid out on our bed were blinds. I quickly called back to explain we did not take them down and we did not know they were blinds. He then blamed us for not realizing they were blinds as the same kind was hanging in the other rooms and again for not folding them nicely. He then hung up on us saying he's in a meeting. The smaller room had dark thick curtain which we used to cover the windows. Why the blinds laid out on our bed in the first place and why should we take the blame for not realizing what that was and not folding it. Didn't we pay extra cleaning fee? Cleaning someone's dung in the toilet bowl myself wasn't enough? I am still upset by the person's attitude and now the condition of the washroom. It appears there's noone to check on the rooms after it was cleaned. I hope they had taken pictures of the room so that they know everything I wrote here is 100% accurate.

It's a great condo, maintained by not as qualified management.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jun 3, 2014
We contacted the guest and sent a photograph of the fabric blinds that had been taken off the windows and left in a pile on the floor. These blinds are not something that we take off except in the autumn for cleaning. We have had clients take them off in past and let us know. They then put them in their place upon leaving the condo and all was well. This guest arrived at the condo and called us. We normally ask for a 30 minute warning so that we could get down to the condo to make sure someone is there when they arrive. Without this warning I was able to get them into the condo over the phone. I asked him to let me know if there were ANY problems and that I would be in there shortly to check in on them and answer any questions they may have had. When I did come in the guest was asked if he had any questions or issues. Again I was not informed of any issues. I travel all over the world like many of you. If there are issues and you inform the owners or hotel and they don't do anything to correct or compensate, then I think you can go online and publicly criticize. It is tough to accept that comments get put on the net without the possibility of rectifying the situation on the spot. Did I hang up on the client? Yes, after saying his name several times and asking him if he could hear me. A bad zone is a bad zone, nobody's fault, but I am not staying on the line if I can't hear the client. My last words to him were that I would call him back later. I read all the reviews that have been written not only about the beauty and quality of our condos, but all the comments about the service we provide and I am confident that the comments left by this guest do not reflect the reality of our business. It is too bad that even after submitting our case before T.A. that the comments were allowed to be posted.
maryanneg...
Barrie, Canada
“Unlock the door of this condo and be prepared to say "WOW" !”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Royal Dalhousie in fabulous Old Quebec is so beautiful. As soon as you open the front door, the views of the St. Lawrence River will take your breath away. The river, with its big ice flows and ocean going vessels is a tourist attraction all on its own. The historic floor-to- ceiling, wall-to-wall windows allow the lovely brightness of the river view to fill the condo with light even on a grey February day. The décor is warm and tasteful and with two full ensuite bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen we were oh so comfortable. Indoor access to the café located on the main level was a very nice bonus. On a cold winter morning you can tiptoe downstairs in your jammies and pick up a melt in your mouth freshly baked croissant and espresso. Ahh, there is nothing quite like Quebec cuisine and hospitality.
All the great spots to eat and see in Old Quebec are just waiting outside the door. Parking is very convenient, but you will not need your car unless you are heading out of town to ski at Mt. St. Anne. Ed Sweeney is a great host. Just give him a call to book a holiday you will
not forget!.

Liked best: The views of the St. Lawrence River
Liked least: Cannot think of anything.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Laurie53
Jacksonville, Florida
“great condo in perfect location”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

One of the best places we've ever stayed, and beats a hotel by a mile. Location right next to Place Royale and Petit Champlain puts it right in the heart of Basse Ville. Rue Montage, the street location of the condo also goes directly up to Haute Ville, so access was easy.
The place is very clean and nicely furnished and you can't beat the view. We had a minor problem with the TV--the volume couldn't be controlled from the remote. Also, we stayed in Chinic, and although the bedrooms are ample in size, both had queen beds, of adequate, but not outstanding quality.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: location, spaciousness, and view
Liked least: the beds
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
OldRetire...
Columbus
“Best condo we've ever rented!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed here for 4 days in April, 2014. Great location in lower town near fine restaurants & unique shops. It's a short uphill walk to upper town or an easier walk to the funicular. Great view of the St. Lawrence River, too. Our condo, Frontenac, was spacious, well furnished, and beautifully decorated. The kitchen was well equipped for the rather small amount of cooking we did - the restaurants of Quebec are too good to skip. Ed Sweeney, who met us and showed us around the condo, who friendly and helpful. He even carried our heavy cooler from our car!

The only problem we had was with the wireless internet access. It was fixed promptly and worked well for the rest of our stay.

We will definitely try to stay here again when we return to Quebec. We hope it will be available.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: The weather - it was cold and wet - obviously not the fault of the condo
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Binibini...
Mississauga
“Immaculate”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

The Royal Dalhousie has a few apartments available. We stayed at the Condo Chinic and we loved it. The apartment is very spacious and looked even better than the pictures we saw online. It was very clean and immaculate. It felt like staying in a hotel minus the room service etc. I travelled with my 1.5 year old daughter (at the time) and my husband as well as my inlaws and cousin. The apartment's location is also perfect. Right in the heart of old Quebec which was what I wanted. Although the weather was awful and there was a huge cruise ship which blocked our view of the river at least the apartment itself was great. We would like to visit again in the future and hopefully stay in the same apartment. The only thing I wish is that the price was a bit lower. But I guess you are paying for the quality.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, size and location of the apartment.
Liked least: At the time there was a cruise ship blocking our beautiful view of the St. Lawrence River.
Traveling group: Extended Family
mintiewhi...
brisbane
“A Christmas to Remember . Perfect Royal Dalhousie”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed in Royal Dalhousie Condos over Christmas. The entire experience was perfect. The condo is immaculate, beautifully furnished and in a wonderful location. The view out to the river was beautiful, the ice flows were amazing.
The beds are comfortable, the showers hot and the kitchen is fully equipped. The walk up to the Old City walls was a highlight each day. My kids loved the snow. There is a café at the bottom and the smell of coffee brewing each morning was so welcoming.
Our hosts were so accommodating and felt like family members.
The condo is close to everything an so many delicious restaurants just around the corner.
If you have the opportunity to stay at Royal Dalhousie take it - you will not be disappointed. The hardest part was leaving.
We will be back. Thank you

Liked best: everything
Liked least: leaving
Traveling group: Large Group
Large groups
Lisa015
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Charming hotel in a fantastic location”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

We just returned from a wonderful week in Quebec. We stayed at the Royal Dalhousie as a splurge. We were not disappointed for the most part. The apartment was absolutely perfect and the location was amazing. With teenaged boys, it was nice to have the space to spread out. The only thing missing from the apartment was a cutting board in the kitchen (and the cut marks on the countertop indicated there hasn't been a cutting board in quite some time!).

There were a few things that we found frustrating however and while they aren't a big deal, for the price we were paying, they really shouldn't have been issues. We had constant issues with the wifi. It would time out and then it would take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour to get back online. I had to do work that required internet so I found this to be very frustrating.

We arrived to find that the soap container for the washing machine was completely empty. We packed very lightly because there was a washing machine. Thankfully I had brought my own soap with me. For the price we were paying for the unit, there really should have been soap for the washing machine!

Also, on the last night, a rather noisy group moved into the apartment above us. Because there are wood floors throughout all the apartments, the sound carries to the units below. The group above us was walking, running, jumping, moving chairs, etc... until well after midnight and then they were up at 7:00 the next morning doing the same thing. It would have been very frustrating if it had been for more than 1 night. There has to be a way of letting people know that they need to be more quiet during certain hours at night. I'm sure they didn't realize how noisy it was for us below them!

We had a wonderful week in Quebec and are glad we splurged to stay here but I feel like the unit was a bit over priced for what it was. It was more than double anything else we had looked at in the same area. While I can't really compare because I didn't see inside the other places I had been looking at, I did find that this unit was pricey.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Wifi issues and noisy people above us
Traveling group: Teenagers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing