“Lunch”

La Piazzeta
Ranked #132 of 1,512 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Came to La Piazeta for lunch, the restaurant barely had 1 table, the pizza came in 4 min and it was a frozen pizza you get at supper market. The pasta was cold, the tomato sauce was really really bad.
I would never eat at this place again. There are many other places across the street and near by.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Arrived in town during a snowstorm and the valet person at our hotel recommended this restaurant. It was right around the corner. Excellent pizza. Thin crust, but cooked just right. Good pricing and service. Great dining experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Some might say this is expensive pizza, but it's totally worth the price. Ingredients were good, service was good, atmosphere on a Saturday night was good. I had the Sicilian which, as someone who spent 15 years in Texas, didn't quite live up to the 2 (out of a possible 3) chilis indicated on the menu. Don't get me wrong - it was a great pie. It just wasn't as spicy as advertised. I'm not going to take anything off of the rating for that though, as I've learned since moving to Maine that "spicy", "hot", "heat" are simply judged on a different scale outside of Texas.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went there to have a quick dinner before a show.
The menu was overpriced for what it was, and the service was horrible... I felt more like in someone I didn't know's living room than on a date with my boyfriend.
I regret my decision of eating there...

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've noticed that the Quebecois just don't seem to serve authentic Italian food. They tend to "Frenchify" their Italian food. You want bechemel sauce on your pizza? No problem.

This restaurant is a clean modern setting unlike most of the other restaurants on Rue St. Joseph which are in older and smaller spaces.

We had a pepperoni pizza. Luckily my wife remembered to ask for extra sauce since the Quebecois tend to undersauce their pizzas.

The pizza was pretty close to the real deal. The pepperoni was more like a ham than the real stuff but it as tasty. Olives, mozzarella, green peppers round out the ingredients. The pizza dough was thin crust and it was NOT soggy which I really appreciate. And they serve it on a pizza pan that is kept hot with a little can of sterno. Nice touch.

So if you must have something other than French food, this is not a bad choice.