First impression was sort of ok--nice parrot and bunnies in the lobby. But when we got to our room, it was very dark. We couldn't open our drapes either because it looked out to an outdoor exit door to a parking lot that it seemed people used for smoking breaks (they would be within inches of our window if they stood there). We soon discovered ants (not a gazillion, but more than 10) on the nightstand and floor next to the bed and our children very happily started to count them for us--we inquired about another room and were told there were none. I will admit that the the kids room with the bunk beds was cute enough--wood furniture with carved animals on them, but there was only a very large wall night light (nice feature for kids)--no other lamp was available in the room, so it really is only meant for sleeping and not even reading. After wondering how on earth I picked such a dive, I quickly remembered that I picked it b/c of the kids' amenities such as the playroom and pool.....well...the playroom is a bit on the icky side and a bit uninteresting--not even my kids wanted to play there (and my kids will play almost anywhere). The pool was a bit murky and on the 2nd night of our stay really smelled....someone's poopy diaper in the pool???? I don't know, but I have never smelled a chlorinated pool that smelled so gross or seen one that was so murky. As for the restaurant....food was mostly good, but beware if you have a food allergy. I tried asking the french speaking waitress about ingredients in menu items and she had no clue what I was asking about, so I picked something that I thought would be safe for me, but instead I ended up taking 2 Benadryl tablets to avert a serious reaction that I started having. An upside--hot showers with great water pressure to scrub all the ickies and creepy crawlies off of you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the city entrance through the bridges, within close proximity to Sainte-Foy's shopping centres - Laurier Québec, Place de la Cité and Place Ste-Foy - and only 10 minutes away by car from downtown Quebec City, L'Hôtel Québec is the city's top vacation destination. Thanks to its 204 rooms - some of which are equipped with baby cribs - its swimming pool featuring water games, its seven-story playground, its kids' playroom, its family restaurant Le 10Vagues as well as its many activities and shows presented on weekends, L'Hôtel Québec offers the ultimate getaway experience to families. For your greatest enjoyment, a wellness centre and a free indoor and outdoor parking lot are also available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your L'Hotel Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- l Hotel Sainte Foy
- L'Hotel Quebec Quebec City