“1 week business stay”
Review of Hotel ALT Quebec

Hotel ALT Quebec
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just got back from a one week stay in this hotel while in Quebec City for business. I have to say I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The rooms were gorgeous and very modern - a lot of what our style is at home making me feel very comfortable. The front desk staff was great in dealing with the late cancellation of some co-workers of mine who could not make it. The restaurant connected with the hotel has amazing staff and food and is extremely convenient. If I had to pick out a flaw with this hotel, the 1970's wood-paneled fridges...kinda throws you off...

Room Tip: Your can either look at Target of a lit up office tower...no real view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank EA-M-W29
Sylvie D, General Manager at Hotel ALT Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear guest,

I am pleased your 1-week business stay was not too difficult. Doing a good job for one night is not always easy, one full week could be challenging. Our goal is to make sure you relax and enjoy once your business day is over and I am glad we succeeded.

We hope to see you on each of your visits to Quebec City or elsewhere in Canada where you can find an ALT Hotel of Le Germain Boutique-Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ALT Quebec

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Large modern room with good coffee and a Starbucks right next door. Close to shopping but business travelers be warned shopping closes pretty early before the end of the week. Wifi seemed better/faster than US hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jd_three

May I offer a Fantastic Thank You !

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location, next door to Starbucks and close to the shopping malls. We arrived new year's eve and were able to check in early. The staff were wonderful, the room was clean and lovely. I really appreciated the free wifi in the room with a strong signal as i needed to work while i was there. Great stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebekah M

Beautiful comment to share with my devoted team. 10/10 to you as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We arrived to Quebec city on Halloween night, the reception clerks were costumed and there were costumed pumkins at the reception. Very inviting. Staff very kind and very helpful. Beautiful room, urban style, very clean, personnel very friendly, couldn't ask for more. The bed and the bedding is extraordinary experience! Saturday morning the restaurant is not open but you can order room service. Le Bistango restaurant which is attached to the hotel and is one of great restaurants in Québec City. Got a 20% discount, which was great. Amazing shopping across the street, three malls in one. A little ways from the old Québec. In all this hotel is a very good choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lbyrns
SylvieD492, General Manager at Hotel ALT Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Bonjour lbyrns,

Thank you for a fantastic review. I was really proud of my team and all their efforts for making Halloween this year very special and I am glad you appreciated it.

The bed... do you know you can purchase it from us? The mattress, the duvet, the pillows, sheets, etc. For the Holidays, we offer free shipping on most items throughout Canada. Our comfort in your home.

A bientôt,

Sylvie Dionne

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Been to this location a couple of times while in Quebec City for business. Has been good every time I've been there.

Pros -
- Good room (desk, lighting, etc)
- Newspapers in the AM (both French and English)
- Good coffee selection (Keurig in each room) plus a Starbuck right next door
- Great restaurant attached (another review)
- Across from mall if forgot incidentals

Cons -
- Parking is a challenge
- Not close to old city for visitors (I plan to have wife join me on a trip someday and would use a different location)

Overall - very pleased and will use this location whenever in Quebec City for business.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim_Kris_L

Hello Tim_Kris_L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a top contributor, we especially appreciate your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed the hotel on each visit.

For parking, our staff would be happy to assist or park it for you, and it is always free of charge.

Should you prefer to be closer to the old city, I am happy to let you know that we have a sister property, a boutique hotel called Hotel Le Germain-Dominion, beautifully located in the Old Port. It is a charming place for a romantic stay anytime of the year.

Please let us know if we can help with anything for a future stay. Thanks again.

Sylvie Dionne

Reviewed October 24, 2013

When we arrived at the ALT Hotel we were greeted by VERY friendly staff. While the outside of the hotel didn't look upscale they have certaily made a big effort on the inside.

Our room was very clean, the bed was DEVINE best sleep I ever had. Loved the shower massive.

My only comment where they could improve....when I purchased our stay through hotwire it stated the hotel was 4 star-which is fine however when you want a coffee they have the kurig machine in the room but you have to purchase coffee/tea pucks from the reception.....personally I think you should have some in your room and if you want more then purchase I just found this a bit dissapointing from a 4 star hotel. I have never had to purchase coffee for any room at this level of hotel before.

Other than that- we really enjoued our stay. Great staff.

Room Tip: Have to purchase coffee from reception
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rosie778
Alexandra V, Director of operations at Hotel ALT Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

To keep you in the loop, we are happy to inform you that we now offer 2 complimentary K-cups per stay and they are conveniently pre-set in your room directly beside the Kurig machine.

We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived at the ALT Hotel on Monday and left on Thursday. The first impression was very appealing. The reception area was clean very modern and open. The front desk staff was friendly and accommodating.
We got into our room right away and the room was designed as modern and minimalistic as the reception area. All was very clean and there was a coffee maker (Keurig) and all the amenities one needs. Coffee is available at the reception desk free of charge. I guess they took previous complaints to heart. Also available at the front desk is a variety of minibar stuff, which will be charged to your account at check-out. We got a 20% off coupon for the restaurant next door at arrival.
The rooms was equipped with a Bose sound system, which I have at home and love.
The bed was very comfortable, we both have back problems so we need a softer kind of mattress.
At the first night I had asthma problems, which we believe to be caused by the fact that this room must have accommodated a cat before (since I am allergic to cats). We talked to the front desk clerk and they were extremely friendly and accommodating and offered us a new room right away.
A room that was a NO-pet room and I did not experience any more problems after that.
One thing - I got a bit lost in the menu of the TV system and I basically "bought" a movie before I even realized I had …. resulting in $16.99 on my hotel bill I wasn't planing on :) But that was my own fault!
We were provided with lots of information about points of interest and public transportation (only 15 minutes to Old Quebec City). Although we had done quite a bit of research before hand it is always helpful to get more info.
We owned a motel for almost 11 years and are now running a B&B. We therefore are quite picky when it comes to accommodations.
But we really enjoyed this place and the convenience of a HUGE 3-in-1 shopping mall complex just across the street.
All in all we would not hesitate to go back. This hotel offers great value for the low price!

Room Tip: If you are not a friend of a darker interior design you should ask for the wooden colour room but I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank abadin
Alexandra V, Director of operations at Hotel ALT Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write this very complete review, we appreciate your honesty. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again in the near future.