We spent ten glorious days and nights in Quebec City and our base of operations was the Alt. From the moment we arrived until the minute we left Monday morning, we were treated royally.
This is a hotel designed to be enjoyed but at the same time mindful of the environment, and that made my wife and I happy. Carbon footprint and all. When we arrived at the hotel on July 12, we were greeted warmly by the staff, including Catherine, with whom I spoken on the phone and in emails before coming up there. The enthusiasm of the front desk never waned during our stay.
The room, which was one of the largest ones, was sparsely but well appointed and there was attention to every detail save one. Room darkening material would have been great, because in July sunrise in Quebec City is 5:15 am. But the king-size bed was perfect, the bedding was high quality and we were more than pleasantly surprised by a welcome note and some delicious chocolate left on the bed to greet us upon arrival. If the hotel would like to send us a set of those sheets we will gracefully accept them.
The bathroom was sparklingly clean and everything worked well. The water pressure and the amount of water available was limited to conserve the precious resource. By the way, Quebec City water is great, better even than ours in New York.
The towels were soft and absorbent and the soaps, conditioners and shampoo were wonderful. The hotel was quiet and filled with mostly middle-aged people, very respectful of fellow travelers.
The parking lot, one of the few free in QC, isn't large but we always found a space.
Back to the staff. They were great, making reservations when we needed them, getting us directions both for car and bus. Gave great suggestions for restaurants and sightseeing. They were all terrific and choosing to highlight one over the others would be insulting to everyone else. There may be no concierge desk, but every staffer at the Alt acts as one. If they don't know something, they investigate and get back to you. They NEVER give you wrong information.
I hope we go back to QC in the future and would only stay at the ALT if we do. While the neighborhood is not within walking distance to the downtown, buses are plentiful and daily, two-day and weekly bus passes are pretty reasonable.
So Catherine, Marie and the rest of the people working the front desk, the secret is now out and you need to continue this high level of service. I know you will!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Being ALTernative means moving in new directionsALT is the balance between modernity, a dynamic and colourful ambience, comfort, and well-thought out location.At ALT, eco-responsability means doing away with room service, valets and doormen: ALT focuses on your needs, on the essential things that bring added value to your stay.Our "service light" approach allows us to offer guests a unique rate: the same price, every day, all year round!When you choose ALT, you are opting for a hotel with centralized free WiFi access and much more!The ALT Hotel banner belongs to Groupe Germain Hospitality, a Canadian family owned company, pioneer of the Hotel-boutique concept, with its headquarters in Quebec City ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel ALT Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alt Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Alt Quebec City
- Alt Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel ALT Quebec Quebec City