A good value, but far from the historic centre. Not really 5 stars as advertised, but service is well-intentioned and friendly. If romance is what you’re after, a downtown boutique hotel might be a better choice.
For the cheapest rate (Business category), we got a very large, clean, and comfortable room. The décor was incredibly dated, but we heard most of the other rooms had been renovated so maybe changes are on their way. The bed was large, comfortable, and clean. There was extra sleeping space on the sofa-bed in the living area. The TV was very old and small. The bathroom was a decent size and clean with a basic tub/shower combo. The room was extremely quiet throughout our stay, but it wouldn’t have been had we needed the stand-alone A/C unit (no central air). That thing was loud! No view to speak of from this room.
LOCATION: In the suburb of Sainte-Foy. A city bus stops right in front. A taxi to Old Quebec would cost about $35 CAD. They do offer a shuttle service to downtown, but it only works in early and late afternoon. It’s not a continuous all-day service. The hotel doesn’t look like much when you drive up, nor do the surroundings, but the grounds in the back are nice and make you forget you’re in the ‘burbs. In addition to the pool, there are funky hammocks and lounge chairs to relax in.
Always friendly, but a few issues occurred. One morning I received a voicemail saying I hadn’t shown up for my first night so they had to charge me for it. But I was only due to arrive 4 days later! This was resolved with a confused phone call: they had me under the wrong surname despite the fact that I typed it out myself on the Web form! Also, on my actual arrival date, I received an email 1 hour before leaving home which stated “So sorry you had to cancel your booking. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you some other time!” but I hadn’t cancelled our room! Yet another phone call during which they explained that they had double-booked me so they cancelled one of the reservations and this automatic email was sent out. I felt they should’ve immediately sent me an email confirming I still had a reservation… Finally, when we did arrive, the employee at the front desk was not aware of the specifics of the Internet offer I had booked, i.e. that we had prepaid for breakfast for both mornings and were entitled to a round of free drinks at the bar.
Outside, in the hotel lot. The rate is about $10-15 CAD per day without valet service.
Not included. Reasonable rate (under $20 CAD). Choice of buffet or warm à la carte dishes, or both for an extra fee.
Outdoor pool. Water temperature was just right. This is a small recreational pool, not a lap pool. Some shade thanks to parasols. Located in the back of the hotel, in the gardens next to the lunch café. Waiters take drink orders. Large hot tub right next to it.
All in all, a good quality-price ratio, but far from everything. You’re ok if you have a car, but it’s about a 15-20 min. drive to downtown and you have to contend with parking once you get there…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Le Bonne Entente, an elegant five-star, four-diamond located in the Business District, allows you to discover Quebec City and major attractions. The hotel will enchant you with its gardens, beautifully landscaped, swimming pool, fitness, jacuzzi open year round and Amerispa. The hotel is only 5 minutes from the airport, near Old Quebec City, and within close proximity to the museum, theatre, golf La Tempête, and skiing. Shuttle service available, reservation is necessary, contact reception for schedule and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Le Bonne Entente reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Bonne Entente Hotel Quebec City
- Chateau Bonne Entente Sainte Foy
- Hotel Le Bonne Entente Quebec/Quebec City