“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Campbellton, Canada
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at the Delta Québec for 2 nights on May 16 and as usual really enjoyed our stay. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. The recent renovations look very nice. The location is great, close to the Vieux Québec, so there is lots to visit around the hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

1 Thank en2cas
Saurel C, Responsable réception at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for your comment; it will be a pleasure to see you again for your next vacation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel itself is not bad and its in a good area. Close to the main down town Old Quebec strip.

They were currently under construction when we stayed with them so it was a little bit in disarray. But that's good, hotels need to upgrade to stay current I understand that.

The treatment we got from the staff when we were there was horrific. We were there for 4 days and I think we only spoke to one polite employee. I am not expecting anything extraordinary, just simple common manners. The gentleman at the door that greets you as you enter gave us a lasting bad impression from the moment we entered the hotel with his comment "What makes you think I speak English?" Yes I understand we do not speak French and I apologize if that inconvenience you, but we didn't want to be rude and just not reply to you at all.

All in all, its a nice hotel, good price, horrible in the customer service department.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 658HappyCustomer
Saurel C, Guest Service Superviseur at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
After reading you comment I was truly suprised, It was disappointing to learn that you encountered a problem with our guest service.

I would value the opportunity to discuss this matter with you personally, at your convenience. I can be reached at 418-647-6571 and my email is saurel.cyr@deltahotels.com.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights as part of a cross Canada Tour. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovation work, but this did not detract from our enjoyment of this hotel. The room was modern and cleaned to a high standard. The bed was very comfortable, but a little high from the floor to the top of the mattress. Staff as with all Canadians we encountered were friendly and helpful. Being very close to the Parliament building, ithe hotel is in a prime location for visiting some of the city sights The old town is quite a walk away and on returning back to the hotel a few steep hills are encountered. Close to shops restaurants and supermarkets. To reach them take a shortcut through the nearby Hilton Hotel and use the escaltors to cut out a steep hill.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Stayed for two nights in this hotel and wasn't disappointed. We had a clean, comfortable and very modern standard room which had tea/coffee making facilities. No fridge, but you can ask for one. There is a fairly comprehensive gym and a pool, the latter we used ~ it wasn't big by any stretch of the imagination and was overlooked. It had a lifeguard in attendance the whole time, but only seemed to be open from 2 - 10 pm. The Lobby is on the third floor which was being renovated, but this didn't really interfere with our needs. The reception staff were really helpful. Did not use the restaurant, so unable to comment. The hotel was in a good location for our needs and we could easily get to all the places we wanted to see. Quebec is a lovely city, particularly the old quarter and I wouldn't mind returning at some point.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Simply for your information during your stay the pool was open only from 2 to 8 pm. But for the summer it is usually open from 8h30 am to 8h30 pm.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I continue to make the Delta Quebec my first choice when staying in Quebec City because of the consistent quality of the rooms, their roominess and generally quietness. I always try for a signature room as the signature lounge is very convenient for morning breakfast. The staff are always friendly, both at the front desk and in the restaurant.

Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Reception was very friendly upon arrival and helpful throughout my trip. The hotel is in the process of renovation, but this didn't affect my stay. There were 2 sets of elevators, one to get from the street to reception/restaurant, the other to get from reception to the rooms. This was a bit inconvenient when returning from a long day out and just wanting to get to bed. There were groups of school children on my floor. After being woken the first morning to kids playing outside the door, I purchased some ear plugs and slept fine after that. The beds, especially the pillows, were very comfortable. There were a few issues with the room, including outlets and phone not working, but the outlets were fixed promptly (I didn't need the phone). To my surprise, the room still wasn't made up when I returned in the early afternoon. While I wasn't blown away, I would recommend it if you're looking for a simple place to stay in a great location (everything I wanted to see was a 20-minute walking distance).

1 Thank DianaML_7
I realize you have commented your stay a long time ago now, but I would like to have a little more information so we can improve you service. Simply do not hesitate to contact me directly at 418-647-6571 or by email saurel.cyr@deltahotels.com.

Thank you again for you time.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here for a short conference held at the Quebec City convention center.
The Lobby is on the 3rd floor and the entrance isn't very impressive and also seems to be under renovation. Upon check-in they seemed to have trouble finding me a room at the rate booked for me and wanted me to pay for an upgrade, which I did not chose to do, as the room was being booked directly to a 3rd party, so I didn't thing that was the best way for them to handle the checkin. After struggling to find something, they ended up giving me a room right across from the elevators- the elevator bells are very loud and it was clear it was going to be very loud, so I went back and equested a move. The next room I got was quieter, and I am not sure why I didn't get that one initially. The first room also seemed very cramped, but the next one was a good size and it was quieter.

Rooms look freshly renovated and modern with a new bathroom (shower in tub) that was immaculately clean. There is a spacious modern work desk with wired or wireless free internet that worked well. No room safe though- not that I had any problems, as Quebec City is very safe, but I usually leave my laptop in the safe when I don't have it with me.

This looks like a business hotel rather than a family hotel, and good for convenience to convention center. I have previously stayed at Lowes (now closed I believe) and Chateau Frontenac and found their locations and ambience nicer, but its still only a 10-15 minute walk to the old town, so not a big deal and if your meeting is in the convention center, then its easy to get there underground in case of inclement weather.

Didn't eat in the hotel, as we had our conference meals catered at the convention center which was outstanding...food is always great in Quebec City!

Room Tip: Avoid the 4 rooms directly across from the elevators- too loud.