“Great location outside the old city wall”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #41 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Lexington, South Carolina
“Great location outside the old city wall”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed here with my family between Christmas and New Years. The hotel and beds where very comfortable and the location is great. Two of the gates to the old city are 3-4 block away (easy walking distance), the Parliament building is just across the street, and the Plains of Abraham are just beyond the Parliament building. Behind the hotel is Rue Saint-Jean, where there are several good restaurants. It was bitterly cold when we were there, but the pool was still open with a small building over one alcove that allowed you to enter and exit the pool without actually going outside. Sadly, we didn't prepare for this, so I'm not sure how well it really works. Another feature that I wish I had realized before I went is that there is a car rental office on the first floor of the hotel (Enterprise). Since we didn't need a car the whole time, it was nice to be able to rent one for just one day and not have the extra expense for the rest of the trip. If I had planned better, I would have reserved one in advance. As it was, the clerk there worked very hard and was able to find us a compact car that allowed us to venture outside the city. We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can comment on the restaurants there.

Room Tip: Our room faced the side street by the hotel (Rue Jean Jacques Bertrand) and there was noticeable noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hotel is located in a really great location. Everything (shopping, site seeing, food) is within walking distance. I couldn't get the heat to lessen so we roasted all night and the food in the hotel was way overpriced. Staff was friendly and helpful. Heated outdoor pool was great since we there there in Jan. It was an average hotel except for their beds. I have a really bad back and I slept like a champ.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and stayed here for a convention at the QCC. Excellent location, five minute walk from most of the historic spots in the city. Rooms recently renovated. Very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. Definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I had a nice stay over New Years. The location was great for visiting the old city (10 minute walk), Plains of Abraham (5 minute walk), and Grande Allee (5 minute walk).

The hotel itself is pretty good. Room was in good condition and the bed was quite comfortable. We didn't hear noise from other rooms, except for a little stomping on New Year's Eve. We did hear elevator noises from time to time and we turned the heat off at night because it was a bit noisy.

The pool was a real treat, esp in -20 weather! It was very strange to swim in warm water and have frozen hair at the same time.

We booked the Delta through Hotwire. I was worried after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, but we ended up having a great stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sainte-Marthe, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Enjoyed my stay over one night. Nice comfy bed. However, my room was too close to the elevator, so I could hear it, even at midnight. I also thought it was too bad the pool was not open early in the morning. I also enjoyed the little bistro/lounge with the nice comfy chairs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from elevators.
Ottawa, ON, CAN
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here recently because my boss only likes the chain hotels, but I would have chosen any other hotel in and around the old City. First, the check in was SLOW, and the one of the women at the front desk was rude. The room was redecorated, and well appointed, but the walls are paper thin. I heard the elevator humming in the morning, it was like a 747 taking off. I am glad that there was not a lot of traffic at night. The bed was comfortable. The check out was as slow as the check in, and another rude front desk clerk. When you think that the hotel is not all that nice to look at, and the location isn't all that great, I would choose differently.

Montreal
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I travel to Quebec City monthly and try to ALWAYS stay there, most of the time I succeed.
The staff is VERY friendly and curtious, from the greeting to the breakfast crew in the morning always smileing and very nice.
The parking usually is pretty easy indoors.
It's walking distance to all the attractions and govenment work related areas.
Join the privelage club , I find it very rewarding, better than the aeroplan system.
The breakfast buffet is great, the staff at the bistro are more than willing to have something made to order in the kitchen.
The rooms were udated very nicely and the beds are very comfortable.
THE BEST VALUE for downtown Quebec City.

Room Tip: The gyme is new and very clean, the pool is open in the winter that's very cool to go swim with...