“Lovely service, great room, wish I'd spent more time there!”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We booked two nights at the Delta Quebec, staying in a Mode Club Corner Room. We found the hotel very easily - it's right behind the Parliament Building. The concrete building isn't pretty but it's hard to miss. The Valet Parking attendants were great, we were greeted in a friendly manner and the car was taken care of. Similarly the check in clerk was really good offering us a late check out if we needed it. Our room was large and modern with plenty of room for the four of us, with a sofa that converted into a large bed for the two children. The bathroom only had a shower, not a bath, but we knew this beforehand and it wasn't a problem. Our daughter was not very well and the valet parking attendant was helpful in directing us to a pharmacy and then we visited the swimming pool which was really nice, outdoor with ample shallow area for the children. Our room included access to the club lounge, which was a modern updated area offering a bar and hors d'oeuvres in the evening as well as continental breakfast and soft drinks throughout the day. The emphasis at this club lounge was on cheeses and salads rather than the small canapes we'd had at the Delta in Montreal. Unfortunately my visit to the Club Lounge was cut short by my daughter becoming increasingly ill and then we had reason to take advantage of the hotel's customer service as we asked them to arrange for a doctor to call us, and then to direct us to the hospital, which they did efficiently. When my husband returned later that night, while my daughter and I stayed at the hospital the valet attendant enquired after her and we felt everyone was very helpful and caring. I only returned to the hotel the following afternoon and I felt it was a shame to have missed out on my stay as it did really seem a nice hotel (although the public areas are rather dated at present). The location is fine, a short walk from many restaurants and not far at all from the old town. It's obviously out of it compared to the Chateau Frontenac but it was a short stroll to gain access to the city walls which we did once the four of us were reunited! We took taxis in the evening to get us to the Cafe Du Monde and these cost less than $10 each way. The service in the Club Lounge from Kevin was also great, he was very helpful in printing out some insurance forms for us. The service in general here was exemplary. In common with our experience of the Delta in Montreal, if the public areas were updated, the combination of nice modern rooms and brilliant service would make the hotel a perfect option.

2  Thank pjack68
Matthieu T, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed our services and recently renovated rooms.
We have sent your good comments to Kevin and the rest of the team. Thank you from them.
We hope your family are healthy now and hope to see you soon to make you enjoy the Quebec spirit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went to visit Old Quebec for a day and the hotel is just a 10 minute walk to Old Quebec. It is a perfect location and a clean and great room. Bed is very comfortable. The room and washroom are very clean.

3  Thank c_j_guyo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Mixed review of the Delta Quebec.

5 - 10 minute cab ride from the Via train station (approx. $10)
Beside the parliament buildings
Easy walking distance to Chateau Frontenac, the old town, and the waterfront (use the Funiculaire to come back up the hill ($2.25)
When you arrive at the hotel you will see two escalators that will take you to reception - they are very narrow - you can get around this by taking the elevator from level 1 to level 3.
Reception itself is very slow - they do not have enough staff during peak times.
The bar and restaurant are located on the same floor as reception (level 3) - depending on where you live, you will find the prices in the bar expensive - service unfriendly - but you do get free popcorn
The food in the restauarant is over-priced, and very bland - there are many better restauants in Quebec City - eat somewhere else for the same price - the meal and service will be of high quality.
The elevators work well and are fast
The mode rooms are excellent - new - very clean - modern amenities - great housekeeping
Terrible customer service in this hotel - they just do not care about their guests (this is why i gave a 3, instead of a 4)
Gift shop does not exist
Snack machine on level 1 does not work
I am a Delta Platinum Plus member - this was not one of the better Deltas that i have stayed at - will stay at the Hilton on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a river-view room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank H44-12
Karen B, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear guest,

Please let me express my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your recent stay at hotel Delta Québec concerning our guest service. I personally thank you for taking the time to share them with us.

Please rest assured that your comments have been forwarded to the respective departments to be further looked into and rectified. Your feedback is valued and has provided insight in order for us to avoid similar situations

If you want to, you can contact me directly, so we can discuss together about your last stay or if you have any other inquiry. I can be reached at 418-647-1717 today until 3pm or wednesday to sunday, from 3pm to 11pm.

Once more, please accept our apologies and our warmest regards.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Hotel room of very high standard. Beautiful bathroom with excellent toiletries and an abundance of fluffy white towels. The two large beds had top quality mattresses/pillows and fabulous linen. Usual large flat screen TV. No safe in room. Free Wi-Fi, although I had to to send emails using one of the two available computers in Reception as could not make any connection using my Ipad. You are asked to restrict time on the hotel computers to 15 minutes in order to be fair to other hotel guests, which is fair comment. Didn't eat here so cannot comment on the restaurant. Overall, the staff appeared to be courteous.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthieu T, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear ''Addicts'',

Thank you for your great comment about your stay!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our stay in Québec and the confort of our freshly renoveted rooms .

For your next stay we will find plenty reason for you to stay longer in the city and discover our restaurant or our executive club...

Matthieu Tricoire

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Previous reviews prepared me not to have too high expectations - but how wrong I was. I had been in touch with the hotel pre-arrival to see if there was anything they could arrange to help celebrate my Mum's 65th birthday. We had a lovely room upgrade to a higher floor - the actual room was spotless, beautifully presented and decorated. It was either a quiet time for the hotel or the soundproofing was good, as we rarely heard another guest. Some complimentary birthday treats delivered to the room were an unexpected but lovely addition and very much appreciated by my Mum. Service in the bar was good and we enjoyed dinner one night in the hotel - some great options if you are vegetarian. Swimming pool area was a bonus. Location of the Delta was fantastic - five/ten minute stroll to all the top sights and felt very safe walking around at night. Ate out at La Cremailliere second night. Would absolutely return to this hotel in a heartbeat. Thank you for a lovely stay.

2  Thank Lizzie72
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Been here several times before -- love the place -- LOVE the location -- just outside Vieux Quebec - a short wlak to the old city -- as well as the National Assembly -- this is probably one of the most beautiful cities in Canada. The hotel has a decent small quiet bar and very good breakfast -- the rooms are well laid out and as a Delta Platinum Plus member was thankful for the upgrade -- some of the rooms and suites are very nicely laid out and well appointed -- the signature lounge is well worth the lilttle bit extra. Would not consider going somewhere else in Quebec city given it met or exceeded all my expectations

Room Tip: try to stay on a higher floor -- the view is quite nice
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James G
Marc D, Director of Operations at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy that you enjoyed your night with us at the hotel, as well as our hotel amenities, offerings and especially the Delta Privilege program.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Delta Québec in the future!
Best regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is located within half a block of the Quebec City Convention Centre, and 5 minutes from the old city. My room had the new-wood smell of a fresh renovation. I don't usually care too much about the layout of the room, but the designer had obviously paid a lot of attention to detail. There were electrical outlets all over the place, in particular where you need them most. The light fixtures had consistent switches so you don't have to grope. The coffee maker was on a small shelf by the door so as not to take up space. The work desk was long and very usable, with lots of plugs; it had all the connections for the 40 inch LCD TV, such as HDMI, VGA, audio, Ethernet (see photo). I plugged the HDMI cable into my laptop and was able to practice my Powerpoint presentation on the big screen. All the usual booklets are placed vertically on a narrow shelf above the desk so as not to clutter the desktop. Internet was either with the cable or with WiFi, with no codes to enter but you had to consent to their terms on the first browser window.

There was a large shower (no bath) that was very functional. The bed was comfortable. Fire marshals will be happy to see the sprinklers in the room. There was no safe. I had a couple of complaints. The AC did not cool the room below 21C, and it was noisy. The blackout curtain had a gap at the bottom and so let in light. In the morning there was a load noise that I thought was heavy truck traffic, but I could not see any trucks; I think it was a blower on an adjacent building roof.

Overall the room was very nice, especially for the $129 price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidFromOttawa
Matthieu T, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at Delta Québec.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay, especially for our recently renovated rooms.

We hope to see you soon with your family to discover the beauty of the old Québec in other season.

Matthieu Tricoire