We spent opening weekend of winter carnival with the Delta Quebec. Our fourth Carnival in a row but our first visit to the Delta. You do need to climb a hill to get to the hotel however the city itself is rather hilly. It is located outside of the wall and a little out of the way of most activities or interests. The entrance is odd and dated. The front desk seemed slightly amateur and unaware of the events attached to carnival. We stayed on the Club Mode floors with nicer and updated units. The updated floors have access to a private room that offered a 24hr cafe machine, juice and pop. Included in the price of the Mode room is a continental breakfast and cold finger foods from 5-7. The room also offered a host to assist guests with questions, reservations and services. Elisabeth was a great help and really was the sole representative of the service side of this hotel.
As for the main restaurant, I was far from happy with the quality of food and service. The servers were relatively unpleasant. They also promoted a Superbowl party but closed the bar before the game was over. Ordering room service was a hassle. I was first informed that it was closed at 5:00PM and that they couldn't understand my order in English.
This hotel is fine for business travel or budget accommodations. The updated floors were nice and cared for but at an obvious increase in cost. I would not recommend it for celebrating old Quebec and it's culture. It really doesn't offer the character or guest experience that so many other hotels offer. They had plenty of opportunities to enhance our experience however never seemed to grasp the importance of building relationships.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Delta Hotels Quebec, adjacent to the charming heart of North America's only walled city and linked to the Quebec City Convention Centre. Inside our hotel, something very new is happening: we've remodeled our guest rooms with a sleek, intuitive, contemporary design tailored to the needs of today's traveler. You've never stayed with us like this before. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Quebec Hotel Quebec City
- Hotel Delta Quebec
- Delta Hotel Quebec City
- Quebec City Delta
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Quebec Quebec City