New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Manoir des Remparts

Hotel Manoir des Remparts
Ranked #31 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Would Return in a Heartbeat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I loved this place. Owners incredibly accommodating, gracious. Bathroom sparkling clean. Simple, very reasonably-priced, charming, quiet room (as though we were the only guests in the whole place, which was far from true). Comfortable bed. Nice view. Adequate closet space, drawers. Excellent TV reception. Felt very secure. Delicious croissants, fruit, coffee my favorite breakfast items. Within walking distance of so much we didn't need a car. You could hear horse-drawn carriages outside every once in awhile and even open the windows in the room! If we ever return to Quebec, we would stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ilovetabasco2003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My friend and I booked a room with 2 beds for our 5 nights in Quebec City. The room and bathroom were incredibly clean. The owners/staff were friendly and helpful. The price was reasonable, and we had a great view across the harbor. Too bad the Image Mill had stopped playing for 2013. However, you could view the illusion of a swaying curtain on the buildings across the harbor.

Room Tip: Ask for a window facing the harbor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank ladylodger
Goderich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We drove into Quebec city without a map and were overwhelmed with finding a hotel in the up and down streets, lots of one way streets. We picked the first place we drove past, even though it was only a 2 star. Being a 2 star I wasn't expecting much of anything but to endure one night here. Surprise, surprise. I would go back again for sure. The owner is great and the room was a bargain as far as I'm concerned. It was small, but very clean and had the basics, plus a fantastic view of the harbour and in easy walking distance to all the places we wanted to go. Continental breakfast was fresh, had a good variety, and there was plenty. I think we got more than our monies worth considering the fantastic location. The lights on the elevators across the river at night were beautiful. Reminded us of Niagara Falls at night. Thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: Choose a harbour side room, the view is wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HomeGirlGoderich
Acton, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

we stayed for 3 nights labor day weekend, charming and quaint down by the water the owners were fantastic went out of there way for all of us breakfast is included would stay again. They let us use the dining room at night so we could all play games.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank janice s
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I echo what others have said about the charm location and value. I make a reservation online through trip advisor. It was a solo vacation for me. When I arrived, the wonderful manager said I didn't need the room size I paid for (2 queen size beds) and gave give me a room with one bed that was $25 a night cheaper! AND overlooking the spectacular view others mentioned of the port. the lower city, the St. Lawrence River, the Laurentiens mountains in the distance. Every night of my five night stay there I was able to see the gorgeous multimedia projections onto the walls of the port from my window. Breakfast croissants-excellent, Coffee – great, managers-wonderful and helpful. My only complaint: bathroom needs hooks for clothing, bathtub needs mat. Other than that, a lovely place I can't wait to bring my husband to!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Robertadance
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Manoir des Rempart for only 1 night, but it was a great night! The hotel is charming located right ln the city "wall", where you are meet by an astonishing view when you leave the reception or sit on the rooftop terrace. The place brings alot of value for the price, however it is kind of hard to book (their webpage does not work). We got their phone number from another hotel and it is: 1-418-692-2056.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank MGranborg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The location and value are what makes this place stand out. We received free parking on the weekend. Free continental breakfast. Good sized room for old quebec. Free wireless. But honestly, location was key. The staff are a very nice couple who have Owned the place since 1987. I had gone here in 1983 as a student so it was a fun throwback for me. The owners were very nice. There is a really nice deck on the top floor which is nice at night time or for a drink or coffee. I would highly recommend for someone on a budget who wants to stay in old Quebec.

• Stayed July 2013