“Chic place that has great food, too”

Savini Resto-Bar Vinotheque
Reserve with OpenTable
Savini Resto-Bar Vinotheque is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 1,506 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Quebec City
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I seek out Savini every trip to Québec one I discovered it a few years back. The inside is very modern and chic with a moving glass spheres above the bar. Outside, in the winter, they have huge flame cylinder heaters warming the space up a bit. Once inside, the very friendly staff helps you decide on what to eat. I've never been disappointed with what I've ordered. More times than not, a trendy looking place is more look than substance, but this is not the case here. I will say it can be a little noisy. The restrooms might be a little confusing upstairs - unisex area with the sinks outside. The wine list is another reason to go - vast with lots of choices from all over the world. I'll be going back every time I visit Québec.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Savini is a great restaurant with ambiance! The wood was fantastic and so was the wine! Just a bit expensive is you are on a budget

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our favorite meal of the trip! The decor was an upscale trendy, although it was quite loud in there. My spinach raviolis were absolutely to die for, and my boyfriends spaghetti carbonara was also quite good. We also ordered a pitcher of sangria to top everything off! If we go back to Quebec City, we will definitely go back there. A little bit expensive, but by far our best meal there.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is beautiful with gorgeous decorations and architecture on the outside of the building. The food was disappointing however. The pasta was very salty and not very flavourful. Staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than in making sure we were well taken care of. In an area where there is so many great places to eat, don't waste your time at this one.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food here is exceptional! A bit pricey, but very well worth it. The staff is pleasant and friendly - speaking both French and English. We had a most authentic pasta carbonara and veal parm with a side of pasta alfredo. This was the best alfredo I have ever tasted. They also have a great wine selection. I recommend reservations as they get quite busy. And, if you just want a relaxing evening, don't want to talk a lot and just have a glass of wine or 2, they have a number of items in the restaurant to hold your attention - there is a design of bubbles in the center of the ceiling that moves like bubbles in a champagne glass, then stops to looks like an art piece; on one wall, there is a changing visual selection of artwork, images, and color; on the other wall is a TV. It's great to go with a large group, as a couple, or by yourself. You'll enjoy the atmosphere and the food under any circumstance. And, it's in a beautiful part of Quebec City, just down the street from the Parliament building - you'll even enjoy getting there.